Wedgwood Christian Services

Wedgwood Christian Services Reviews

Updated August 31, 2014
Updated August 31, 2014

CEO

What a ride it was at Fifth Third bank!

I worked at Wedgwood Christian Services full-time

Pros

They start your hourly wage high to keep you there

Cons

Everything is a secret and they thrive on power and control.

consider taking some ethics courses.

They don't always consider their residential employee important

I have been working at Wedgwood Christian Services

Pros

Good Benefits for their staff.

Cons

Rarely get raises, getting to be an unsafe place to work with guidelines on controlling clients...but I'm sure that's true with all places now.

Super Good Super Bad

Current Employee - Youth Treatment Specialist  in  Kentwood, MI
    Current Employee - Youth Treatment Specialist in Kentwood, MI

I have been working at Wedgwood Christian Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are working with Children whose lives have been shattered, kids who have been abused, and have come from some of the most horrific situations. Plus you get to go on many outings, the zoo, fredrick meijers, water parks, the ymca. It is a great job if you want a high stress baby sitting type job. There is room for growth if you want to move up in the ranks, and out of direct work with the kids. Promotion would include becoming a case worker or therapist

Cons

Super High Stress. Due to the situations many great people have been fired from the company and worse, due to the fact that you are often required to restrain the children in threatening situations. This is something that must be done to protect the children, however if the state feels like something was done inappropriately watch out. They care nothing for the caretakers, and 100% about the children. They haven't given pay raises due to number of years worked, only way to make more is work more hours or move up in ranks. Senior management is disconnected.

It spoke to an advisor and said, I feel litterally like a too, like I will be used till I wear out and then another young college grad will step in. The basically acknowledged without admitting that that is simply what happens.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meaningful work but poor compensation, high burnout rate, abusive clients

Current Employee - Youth Treatment Specialist  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Youth Treatment Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Wedgwood Christian Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Direct impact on the most underprivileged and vulnerable groups of kids in the west Michigan area.

Cons

Insufficient management support, low pay, abusive environment due to the challenging nature of the clients.

Worked for Wedgwood Christian Services? Contribute to the Community!