Weebly Reviews

3.9
David Rusenko

1. general review

I have been working at Weebly

Pros

I've been with Weebly for 3+ years and it's been a wonderful work environment all around. I've been able to help the company through a hyper growth stage and make a real impact. Also as a mother of 2, the work / life balance is pretty incredible. There's no pressure to put in face time, just for the sake of it. Instead, it's about being productive on your own time and terms which allows me the flexibility to juggle my job and my family.

Cons

In our rapidly growing environment things are constantly changing. For some that makes them uncomfortable, but others thrive on it. If it makes you thrive, this is a company to check out!

Advice to Management

Continue the great mutual respect as the company expands.

2. Remote Customer Support Representative

Current Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Success Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weebly has been such a great and supportive employer for me. I am a single mom, I have a son with Asperger's. This is a huge challenge, and I did not work for ten years because of it. I re-entered the job market in a different industry, and found Weebly quit by accident. They hired me based on my personality, not my experience. I am a fast learner, and I love helping people, so I have managed to do really well at my job.
    The best part about Weebly, is that exactly two weeks into my training as a new hire, I found out my dad had brain cancer. I spent my first year at Weebly watching my dad gradually fade away. Weebly gave me time off after I first started to be with my dad for a week during his emergency brain surgery. Weebly also gave me time off to go home for his funeral. No one gave me any kind of hard time, and everyone was very supportive. I think most companies would have balked at having to allow a new hire with no experience a week off during training, but not this company.
    I moved from the call center to remote customer service rep after 6 months. The call center schedule was very hard on my son, and again, Weebly was very understanding and supportive when I applied for a different position.
    I love my job, I love what I do, and most important, I love the people that I have the pleasure to work for. I have been with Weebly a year now, and I just want people to know that this company really can be a great place to work. I know the Scottsdale office has some less than positive reviews, but not everyone feels that way, just most people who still work there haven't written anything.

Cons

When I started at the Call Center I was on the first team they ever hired. There was construction, and growing pains, no one knew how the bonus structure would work, we didn't know what the office would look like, and things changed constantly. There were plenty of ups and downs, and hard days, and amazing days. Weebly is still a startup, they are growing fast, and that always will bring challenges. Moving to remote was also a transition, and I didn't know what to expect. I really miss having PTO and stock options, but otherwise, I am glad I made the switch.

Advice to Management

All I can really say, from the bottom of my heart, is thank you. And add PTO for remotes... :-)

3. Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Weebly

Pros

I have worked at numerous companies over the last few years, but Weebly by far is the best place I have ever worked! The founders place a lot of trust in their employees to be productive, but they don't micromanage. It's a great place to work if your talented and can manage your time. The company is growing and it's exciting to meet all the new people. The culture is still amazing even though we have double year after year.

Cons

I can't think of any!

5. Awesome Culture. Doing Amazing Things

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Weebly (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Culture is great. Lots of ownership given to teams to make things happen. Passionate team who cares about what they're doing.

Cons

Hard work and very fast paced.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the team and it will get even better

6. Great Atmosphere, Great Support, Tons of Hands-on Learning

I have been working at Weebly full-time

Pros

Supportive atmosphere where people are genuinely committed to your development and growth
    World-class product
    Freedom to make changes on the fly, influence decisions, be dynamic

Cons

The only cons in my opinion are the kind of issues that come from a company that is growing at such a fast pace. Keeping the channels of communication open and making sure everyone is on the same page in such a dynamic environment can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

A little more structured feedback and clearer communication from Headquarters to other offices.

7. Best place I've ever worked!!

Current Employee - Arizona in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Arizona in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture, Great People and free lunch. Lots of autonomy and opportunities for growth - what more could you ask for?!

Cons

Things move fast and change alot. If you aren't into that, this would be a hard place to work.

8. Great culture with challenging and rewarding work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weebly is one of the best places I've worked for. The work is challenging and exciting, and the effort they put into making you happy in the office is incredible.

Culture - one of the best selling points of the company, everyone seems excited to work there. There are frequent happy hours and events, and plenty of time to get to know your coworkers on a more personal level. There are various social groups after work that take place in the office (book club, D&D, game nights), its interesting how the workplace can seamlessly blend into your social life here.

Perks - the perks are great, some things I currently enjoy are bi-weekly massages, yoga, all meals cooked by the chef, 401k, and stock options to name a few major ones.

Leadership - the executive team seems very open and transparent. There are "all hands" meetings held every week where we're encouraged to ask any questions to the CEO. After board meetings, the CEO presents the exact slides to the entire company (financials, forecasts, milestones for the future, nothing seems withheld). The E team also asks for our input with strategic planning yearly.

Cons

Lots of legacy code. Drinking also seems pretty engrained into the culture (that could be good or bad depending who you are).

Advice to Management

As the company starts size starts to exponentially grow, I hope you guys will still remain as transparent as you are.

There also seems to be a lot of negative experiences coming from our Arizona (Customer Service focused) counterpart, they seem unhappy (as seen the reviews here). I believe, as a company, we should address their concerns and problems, the reviews definitely don't represent how it is at HQ.

9. For The Most Part I Love The Company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate

I have been working at Weebly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my position. The hours are flexible and I love the Weebly product. I enjoy the opportunity to assist Weebly's customers.

There is room for advancement into a team leader role.

Cons

Some of the Management and Team Leads are RUDE!!!!! If there's an issue that they need to address, they are very rude about it.

There are some Team Leads that I enjoy going to for help. But the management that is over me is not easy going. I often feel like they are talking to me as if I'm a child. Not a good way to interact with employees on any level.

The remote customer advocates do not get any benefits and they are not evaluated for a raise.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees as if they are your peers, especially if they make a mistake. We will learn from our mistakes from great advice and mentorship.

Don't Apply here

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunches are awesome
    Great coworkers
    Decent hours unless you're on the 6AM shift
    Ping pong break up the day

Cons

Hahaha. Don't believe the last review. It was written by someone new or by management. No one can honestly believe there are no cons.

As much as they say it's a customer service job, it's not. It's a sales position, which becomes hard when no one coaches you on how to sell. The managers don't help you out at all, they just tell you to improve.

The only question the managers can answer is if they want to play ping pong. The answer is always yes.

There are a couple of people interested in making you better, but not the managers. They're too busy interviewing, playing ping pong, and watching youtube.

This is not the place to start a career. They don't develop their own people.

Advice to Management

Start caring about improving your employees. They came here to work and grow, not to be shown the door.

Customer Service Advocate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Weebly full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people. The message we are trying to send it that we are doing what is best for the customer, and 85% of the time I feel like we do hit that goal. Hours are great, lunch is catered everyday. No dress code. People that work here are having fun 90% of the day.

Cons

Can seem very chaotic at times with almost no sense of direction. Each manager seems to be working on their own project and submitting results to the corporate office to see if it makes enough money for the company to keep the program going. Call centers have been around for 50 years, I understand you want it to be the "Weebly" way but no need to ignore mounds of data that already exists.

Base pay is lower than industry average, even with the current bonus/commission structure Weebly is $10k-$15k behind other companies less than 10 miles away in the same industry. This is the first tech company I have come across that does not offer 100% of the benefits paid for. It makes it near impossible to refer a friend when I know they could apply at a competitor and start out making more money and better benefits. We preach we are looking for the best people/people that fit our culture/people who value people more than money but it feels like a one way street. The pay is 32% less than industry average.

It can be frustrating at times to have high hopes for a great bonus/commission check at times when you realize we have three products to sell.

Advice to Management

Every time we have a town hall meeting try not to tell the entire staff we are still testing XYZ and we are not sure if this program/model is the right fit. You LITERALLY have 75 people wondering if they are going to have a job next week because the model is not working. Perhaps hire a permanent Office manager to live the day to day operations/frustrations with the line level staff, flying someone in every other weekend to hire/train/shake hands got old fast.

RSS Feed </> Embed