Wegmans

Wegmans Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Wegmans Chairman and CEO Danny Wegman

Danny Wegman

Pros
  • Great for part time workers but full time benefits are apposed to be awesome(in 46 reviews)

• Very flexible scheduling especially for students(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Moving from part time to full time is difficult especial in areas where there is only one store(in 42 reviews)

• not many opportunities to move up unless you work full time for a long time(in 38 reviews)

Great HS Job

Dairy Customer Service (Former Employee) Downingtown, PA

ProsMeet a diverse group of people, easy work, low-stress, great company values, many outside opportunities, employee appreciate days, great benefits (scholarships, etc.), management will listen to your concerns

ConsJob enjoyment depends on department, management sometimes responsible for too many people to keep track of, feel smarter than management sometimes,

Advice to Senior ManagementDid a good job identifying exceptional employees, more management needed, store was about 700 employees.

Overall good company

Meat Customer Service (Current Employee) Hornell, NY

ProsThere is lots of room to move around in the company. They are opening store in a lot of different states and have lot of jobs in them. They have relativity good pay for a part time job. Started out at minimum wage and get raises every six months. The company has good values and goals and does a good job of living by them.

ConsHard to go full time. I worked in one of the smaller stores in the company and smaller departments in the store and at time it was hard to get time off. It is just like every other retail business you are going to work nights and weekends. Communication breaks down sometimes between management and part time help.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs improvement. The pay is nice ($0.25 raise every six months.) Also would be nice to see the coupons that are given out when achievements are made go back to being anything in the store not just the produce department.

6 years of part time

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Johnson City, NY

ProsThere's a reason it's been in the top 10 places to work. There are scholarship for college bound kids. Health insurance for part timers and competitive pay. Also getting time off seems to be easy as long as it's for a week or less.

ConsMoving from part time to full time is difficult especial in areas where there is only one store.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone doesn't fit a department, make the transition to another department faster please. One full year of a team lead who should have been in pharmacy was 8 months too long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could Be a Lot better

Create A Cake (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

Pros-Enjoyable Job
    -Scholarship opportunities
    -Mostly Good People
    -Cost of Living Raises

Cons-Corporate Mindset -> Not open to ideas
    -Crappy co-workers -> lazy, one person does most of the work, management doesn't tell workers if they are not doing a good job.
    -No growth or movement unless you have a family member, friend, or do favors
    -Low class workers in some of the stores
    -Management not identifying strong workers and helping them grow

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to ideas and actually get to know your employees.

Great Company

Overnight Grocery (Former Employee) Lanham, MD

ProsI worked overnight in grocery. The company really cares about their employees and that they are happy. Great co workers and management. Offered a lot of great discounts. Even discounts on movie tickets. Higher pay when you work on Sundays and holidays.

Consno grocery discount. It takes quite some time to move from part time to full time. My hours sucked. I didn't like that they hired someone new instead of promoting from within first.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

Working at Wegmans was very rewarding, great management.

Front End Cashier (Current Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsVery considerate and understanding management team. Room for upward mobility. Pay was fair and based on quality of work and time employed.

ConsSometimes the work was a little monotonous, but that comes with the job.

Great place to work!

Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsHours, management, beautiful facility, great people.

ConsYou will work all holidays!

Wegmans review

ProsGreat relaxed atmosphere to work in. Coworkers are treated like family.

ConsSometimes the tasks can be repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay as is.

Wonderful

ProsIt was a great working environment and the management was awesome.

ConsIt was too far from home

Top company to work for for a reason.

ProsValues driven leadership makes long term decisions based on the needs of their people and customers. Leadership is frequently setting the trends in the industry. They do things for the right reasons not just to improve short term financial results.

ConsInnovation occurs but vetting process slows down the speed of results but for the right reasons usually.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue innovating and practicing conscious capitalism.

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!