Wegmans Food Markets Reviews

Reset
3.9
Wegmans Food Markets Chairman and CEO Danny Wegman
Danny Wegman

Pros
  • Awesome awesome awesome part time job with full time growth potential (in 49 reviews)

• Very flexible scheduling for college students as well as the tuition assistance program (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • In order to get healthcare as a part-time employee within the store you need to work an average of 30 hours a week (up from 24 last year) (in 49 reviews)

• Moving from part time to full time is difficult especial in areas where there is only one store (in 42 reviews)

1. Outstanding place to work and be the best at what you do.

Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Brockport, NY
    Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Brockport, NY

Pros

One of the many traits I admire at Wegmans is how friendly the other employees are. Managment is very easy going and easy to communicate. Managment always likes get work done efficiently. The company goes out of its way in making sure that you are properly trained in the latest ways of doing your work. I always leave work feeling good about myself. During peak periods the team spirit is not lackadaisical. No matter what obstical we face we always come together to get the job done. The company also has a vested interest in everybodies health, which is critical in these days of ever rising health care cost. They provide us with a plethora of information on health and diet. They even gives us free fruits and vegetables every day. This is the best place I ever worked for.

Cons

The hours are not temporally consistent. In other words they vary in length, start and end time. Some of the Front End Dept. people can be a little gossipy.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good works. Continue to train us to be efficient workers.

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Pizza- Customer Service in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Pizza- Customer Service in Dulles, VA

Pros

There are some awesome people in the pizza shop. The Managers are really nice. They let you take off any time you want to for school purposes.

Cons

It is very hard to be scheduled for Sunday, where you get paid time and a half. Working Fridays and Saturdays are not that fun either.

Advice to Management

The management at Wegmans is Great. You guys are the reason why Wegmans is so much fun to go to work. Keep up the Great Work!!!

3. Good place to work.

Current Employee - Meat Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Meat Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome people, very flexible on scheduling. List all job opening so employees get first shot at filling job openings at other stores and corporate location.

Cons

Management can be a bit "upstairs" Not always well communicating with there employees down stairs. Not too many other cons tho.

Advice to Management

Could be a bit more open and make employees that are below management feel like they are just like them.

5. good place to work with room for advancement

Current Employee - Bakery, Brooks Ave in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Bakery, Brooks Ave in Rochester, NY

Pros

Company seems very comitted to health, safety and training of its employees. Never worked for a company that would pull you off a production line job for small informational meetings on health and safety. A lot of smiling workers make for good work enviroment. The company is more than willing to pull the trigger on top level management. Nice to see some let go instead of what some other companies have done and just promote them into worthless jobs at higher rates of pay. They do not keep deadweight. Internal highering and transfers are easier to come by. Nice to see jobs posted internally for any employee to go after. Nice to think that someone working their way up is going to get a first look rather than someone with a degree but no real world experience

Cons

Hours can sometimes be long. Need more parking, Shuttle bus is just isn't cutting it.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work :0

6. Cashier at Wegmans

Current Employee - Cashier in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Williamsville, NY

Pros

My co-workers and management staff are all wonderful! I enjoy the type of work I do and feel that this company is the best place to be working in my field. There is always a family-friendly atmosphere at Wegmans and this is a great motivational tool to any employee. There is a true sense of support working at Wegmans, and opportunities to gain experience and skills.

Cons

I do not really have any cons or downsides for working at Wegmans. I think that the people, pay and benefits are all quite positive aspects of the company. Wegmans is truly a unique organization to work for.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure I would have any advice for the management of Wegmans except to continue working the way you currently do!

Possibly the best job I've had.

Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Erie, PA

Pros

Advancement opportunities, Flexible hours, Competitive pay, Semi-annual pay raises, Scholarship program, Great benefits package (includes health insurance for part time employees), Working environment, Team/Family atmosphere, The level of competence and comradery between employees.

Cons

Non-static scheduling, Unpredictable work load, Occasional under staffing issues, The bureaucracy and redundancy of the simplification system, Shifts with little down time between (closing, then opening a department).

Advice to Management

The best advice I can give is to listen to your employees need to advance within the company. It may not always be best for them or for the department to grant it, but when you lend an ear to their desires they will be better employees for, because they will feel valued, appreciated, and heard.

8. Fast Paced, Motivational, Pay Could Be Better

Former Employee - Pizza- Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Pizza- Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

Pros

-Great Management- management is very supportive, and helps keep work fun -Good Training- most policies are well spelled out and easy to comply with -Challenging at Times- sometimes your head spins when it is busy -Friendly Co-Workers- willing to help when you need it -Yearly Reviews are Very Specific and Include Helpful Criticism and Good Praise

Cons

-Pay is Low Compared to Amount of Wegmans Profits, ...and Lots of Work Is Expected For Minimal Pay -Some Changes are Difficult to Keep Up With... You are Given a Whole new way to do your job in a day -Minimal Benefits- you have to shell out your money to get a minimal package -"Customer is Always Right!"....enough said.

Advice to Management

'Simplification' didn't work in the food departments. Employees may become more motivated by profit sharing and wages that are maybe a dollar or two higher.

9. A very unique experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Produce in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Produce in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Great people, workplace, and they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling. They keep my job for me while im at college.

Cons

I wish they would teach more to the part timers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. Great people!

Former Employee - Front End in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Front End in Erie, PA

Pros

Nice people. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Seem to have to "work your way up" even if you have a ton of other experience.

Advice to Management

When someone is very overqualified see if you can put them in a management position without having to work you way up!

A great first job with many opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY

Pros

Annual scholarships are awarded to college students, they have very good employee benefits, Even the part time jobs have a great pay rate when compared to other companies,

Cons

It can be difficult to transfer from a part time to a full time position within the company. However this is only due to so many part time employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed