Wegmans Food Markets

www.wegmans.com
Employer Engaged

I have worked at wegmans for five years, and I enjoy the culture of the store.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

The people I work with make it a lot easier to continue working here. Management is very flexible and very easy to talk to.

Cons

The job can get very boring as you do a lot of the same things everyday.

You need a lot of patience and social skills.

Current Employee - Customer Service - Prepared Foods in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service - Prepared Foods in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees really make the job fun. Even at the craziest and most busiest days we try to have fun to make the day go by but also put in hard work. You can not beat the pay and benefits either. Time and a half EVERY Sunday? I mean come on that's awesome. I have worked in many departments and prepared foods have been great.

Cons

I'm not saying all of the managers are like this, but some are completely clueless on what the part timers have to do. And when we call for help or back up they either are too busy or on lunch. Rude customers really make the job hard. We go above and beyond with every customer so that's what they are used to and we somewhat spoil them more so than other grocery stores. If we give them a decent amount of food they still want more. We just follow the job aid. Customers seem to be food critics now . When we demo they make comments such as "it could use more sauce" "my recipe is much better" you are getting free food keep the negativity to your self please.

Try and help us out more. Be more considerate on breaks. Especially to the ones with health issues such as diabetes, asthma etc. other Th

Great Company. Plenty of room for growth.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manalapan, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People. Benefits are great. Competitive pay. Really care about their employees.

Cons

Weekend availability is really a must. Not too many negatives. Some of the people in the management positions are not the brightest, but its like that everywhere.

Listen to your employees a little more.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Front End Cashier
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great people, great benefits!

Cons

Not always room for advancement. Schedule isn't always consistent.

Allow employees to have more consistent schedules.

I work at a military style wegmans that is modeled after the east german stasi model of management.

Current Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - General Merchandise Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

There is quite a bit of free food, since cake is often served when the employees quit. Which is often.

Cons

The management in the PA regional stores is adversarial, degrading and prone to being politically motivated for all internal movement. They promote 'fairly' from within, but the DM is hired from outside the company. The managers seem to be modeled after the 25 year old frat boy style of managerial entitlement. The 'family' thing only works if you are in a successful store, if you have a horrible store manager, you're pretty well screwed and destined to cross your Ts and dot your Is and Cover you Arse to avoid being sucked into the hole of lateral career movement with no hope of upward mobility. Drink the kool-aid. Be a yes-man, watch and ride the TLs so they can harass the full timers, so they, in turn, can beat on the part timers (who are like excrement on the bottom of your shoe) ... The stores are run by low paid team leaders, overseen by a handful of well paid managers, who are beat on by per/non perishable managers who are ridden like thoroughbred racehorses by the store managers. Its a dysfunctional, adversarial and stupid management setup. Full timers make poverty level wages and are told how lucky they are to have a job their. The whole system is infected, from top to bottom, by entitlement, nepotism and favoritism. Walmart is a pig, Wegmans is a pig wearing pearls. Pretty, but still a pig.

Be honest, Wegmans core values are profit/shrink like any retail joint. You're just a supermarket with super marketing. Once you get inside, you see OZ for what it is. A shadow of what it claims to be. Stop telling new hires that you are an enlightened and wonderful mecca for those in retail. Those lies lead to expectations that you will not meet.

Great people, Great company

Current Employee - Produce in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Produce in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Willing to aid in your development, able to move up in company, friendly co-workers, very clean.

Cons

At this time I have no cons to add to the list.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Awesome

Current Employee - Cashier in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful family company, great benefits, good work environments, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Certain polices that are in enforced by one manager and not another manager. Change of hours in the summer for college students.

Be on point with policies, do cut hours for people that have been there for years

wegmans is ok

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

good co workers school internships

Cons

favor employees over others. not a good long term investment

give everyone a chance to advance

Great place to work

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

Plenty of room for growth

Cons

Usually start you out as cashier

Not what it used to be

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

Good pay, Decent Benefits, good equipment to operate, mostly safe environment

Cons

Not the family oriented company it used to be. There is a great amount of outsourcing of work going on.
    Employee morale is at an all time low, at most levels of the company.

Treat your employees like people instead of numbers. Use the people that you have, that have been doing an excellent job up to this point instead of outsourcing to people that don't care about the company.

Wegmans Food Markets Photos