Wegmans

Wegmans Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Wegmans Chairman and CEO Danny Wegman

Danny Wegman

Pros
  • Great for part time workers but full time benefits are apposed to be awesome(in 45 reviews)

• Very flexible scheduling especially for students(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Moving from part time to full time is difficult especial in areas where there is only one store(in 42 reviews)

• not many opportunities to move up unless you work full time for a long time(in 38 reviews)

Excellent company.

Custoer Service (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsHuge contributor to the community. Great benefits.

ConsNone. Highly recommended employer who really cares ABOUT EMPLOYEES.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay open-minded.

Friendly environment

Pizza- Customer Service (Current Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsDecent pay, offer benefits for full time and part time employees. Offer students scholarship money

ConsCustomers can be a little rude but you get used to it

Truly a great company to work; cares for the well-being of their people

Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsWork-life balance is supported by large staff
    Above market average salary and benefits
    Opportunity for future professional growth
    Great ideas are fostered and there is a direct line to the president/vice-president
    Fosters an environment of care for patients and employees
    Flexible hours based on need

ConsCorporate politics are present among the ranks

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on the employees and their well-being... this is what makes this company function so efficiently

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bakery Customer Service

Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsHad the ability to be cross-trained in multiple areas within department, decent hours for a first time job, got to come back summers and winter when I was on break from school which was nice.

ConsSome areas are harder to grasp then others, and some people choose to avoid helping out in areas they do not work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware when someone is looking to move forward in a department and give them more responsibility, aid in the personal growth of employees, and listen to them.

Good Company to Work For As a Student. DON'T BE A LIFER

Seafood Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, flexible hours, pay (two .35 cent raises each year for PT's); great for part-timers who attend school.

ConsManagement plays favorites and it is obvious. Two week required notice for requests off or availability changes. For some unknown reason FT's seem to have to do less work than PT's. FT's do the bare minimum while PT's come in each shift and are given a whole list of things to do that could've been done by the FT's that are there 40+ hours a week!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and just be a team. Get along with your fellow department managers and work together, not ignore them and/or put-down their every idea.

Pizza

Pizza- Customer Service (Current Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsThe pay is great
    great benefits if full time
    only 18$ a week time
    time&half on Sundays and holidays

ConsManagement needs to be nicer and more friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementPostions of store managers giving interviews need to be alittle more friendly please to people that are really nervous it get worse for them.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEverything was great. Great people to work with and a great company to work for. The pay is unbelievable for a part time employee

ConsThe customers. Any retail job is tough. Especially when your dealing with food. Constant stress from the customers made it hard to stand sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for ideas

Great 1st job

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsWegmans is a great company for younger teens and college students looking to work part-time. The schedules are very flexible and it's easy to find another person to cover or switch shifts with you. For college students who go away to school they are always welcoming of you when you come back for winter or summer breaks.

ConsThere isn't a lot of growth in the company unless they think you're going to be there "for life", otherwise you will stay within your department until you eventually leave or go through a higher-up to get your transferred to a different department.

Fantastic experience, depending on the store.

Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsVery flexible with scheduling, possibilities of moving up, family oriented, they definitely care about their employees.

ConsA LOT of favoritism, there is no consistency from store to store.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more uniform in management styles. One store can be 100% different than another, it's almost like it's a franchise owned business. It's not "Wegmans (city)" it's "Wegmans (Store Manager)" and that's unfortunate. I ended a 7 year run with them because of new management and the inability to transfer.

I started with a part time job, now I have a career.

ProsEmphasis on taking care of our employees, our values, customer service

ConsThere can be breaks in communication between upper management and staff at store level

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what made us special in the first place

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!