Weichert Realtors

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
3.7

Jim Weichert

Pros
  • Half decent training for new agents coming in industry (in 8 reviews)

• weichert bring a fresh start for new agents and gets there Business of the ground fast (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • They also take a large percentage of your earning for any leads through their internal lead network (in 5 reviews)

• Definitely low pay scale compared to other companies and jobs out there (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great training, Terrible manager

Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Person
    Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Person

I have been working at Weichert Realtors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training for new agents, lots of helpful tools, easy access to paperwork, brand recognition

Cons

Bad manager, low commission rate,

Teach office managers not to discriminate based on religion and race. Teach office managers to treat all sales persons as equals.

I have been subject to multiple instances of what I feel is discrimination. I had to attend a religious convention and I gave the manager advanced notice (1 month) that I needed a replacement for my shift. He told me that it my problem and I had to find someone to replace me for front desk duty. Ok fine! But here's where I feel discriminated. I was new to the company and I didn't really know anyone but I was left to find someone myself. Yet, throughout that month and months before I requested help I observed that he had helped many other agents find replacements for their shifts for less important reasons such as they "double booked themselves" so they cannot cover the desk or "a friend is coming to town so they won't be able to cover". But for my religious convention, he would not help me find a replacement. No one would assist me, so the day of the religious convention, I informed him that I found no one to cover me, his reply was: "OP-TIME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE, YOU MUST SHOW UP". There was no possible way for me to show up and my partner was going to the hospital with his wife so he could not cover either. In the end, I just called the last shift and asked them to set the phones to voicemail as I would not be in town to cover my shift.

The second of many instances is that I have been removed from covering the front desk phones( a money-making opportunity) for what reason? The manager said that I had to be doing 2-3 Open Houses a month. I consider myself a part-time agent, I have too many other responsibilities to handle my appointments and that many Open Houses a month. It is true that Weichert recommends that many open houses a month but I was never informed that it was requirement to cover the front desk phones. All that aside, let's say there is some rule that I haven't heard of, OK I understand. Here is the discrimination: No one other than myself is required to do this many open houses a month in order to sit the phones. Not even the newer agents have this requirement set upon them. So I am perplexed as to why I have been singled out for this. These and many other examples are why I cannot give this company 5 stars. I know we are all a Weichert "family" or "team" but I cannot help but feel that because of my religion and race I have been shut out of our team. I beg management to hold a diversity training for all sales managers. This training will hopefully lead to better treatment of all associates and definitely lower the likelihood of a discrimination lawsuit that they may receive.

Friendly and supportive environment

Current Employee - Realtor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Weichert Realtors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great values based on excellent service for the client. They have title, lending and property management all available in one place for convenience. Also a fun atmosphere that accentuates togetherness within the office.

Cons

As a new agent the training was nice, but I wish there was an easier way to figure out how to assist my customers with the process of renting, buying or selling. I don't think this is an issue with Weichert, but more so the industry in general. I feel that the training is more based on prospecting, but not enough on what to do once you have the client.

Provide mentoring programs to new agents

One of the few companies that welcome newbies

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to start your Real Estate career here. The company provided training classes and training manuals
    are great for new associates with little or no experience. This company probably has the best training in
    the industry.

Cons

All the classroom knowledge and books are not a substitute for real life experience.
    The amount of mentoring and office training is dependent upon location, so you may
    need to find the right office that embodies training and partnering with neophytes.

The company individually and as a whole would benefit by more stable management.
    A revolving door of office managers only serves to decrease continuity and adhesion
    to the corporation's core principles.

Incredible support and mentoring

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At Channing Real Estate of Weichert Realtors in Cambridge MA, there has been an incredible amount of support. I recently began a career in real estate and I'm pleasantly surprised by the level of assistance by the staff and management. It's been a fun and fast start and I'm happy to work for managers with such integrity.

Cons

Although I think it's a pro, Getting started in this industry takes a significant amount of self motivation and it's about how hard you work. Those unwilling to do that will struggle

Weichert, Realtors- The Franzese Group. Best of the best real estate firms in Brooklyn, NY.

I have been working at Weichert Realtors

Pros

Great trainings with great mentors and weichert programs.
    Great work ethics
    Great referal network
    Become a Weichert difference
    Weichert lead network

Cons

Not enough time in a day.

Thank you for all the things you do to help us succeed.

My experience has been excellent.

Current Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Each office is individually owned; so obviously pros and cons vary by office. I have received excellent training and support. WE have a team environment in an office of only about 10 active agents. The other agents are very willing to help new agents.

Cons

As in any real estate office, it is what you make it. A lot of up front work is required to get things rolling. This is time consuming and there are many initial expenses as well. This is not a get rich quick environment.

Continue your support.

Excellent company culture. Fantastic education and support system.

Current Employee - Marketing in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Weichert Realtors as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent education for new realtors, unparalleled in the industry. Excellent continuing education, training and support. Very nice office culture

Cons

It's not an overnight, make big $ kind of job. It takes time to get your RE business going. You get out what you put in.

None. They are doing a great job.

Change in Company Direction

I worked at Weichert Realtors part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Local market share and great support systems

Cons

constant pushing for more support of extra services

Stop worrying about the extra support companies and start worrying about the agents

Not As Easy As It Looks

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Weichert Realtors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are flexible, so you can sometimes work around your needs. If you are successful, the financial rewards can be great.

Cons

There is often back-stabbing by colleagues that don't trust each other, exacerbated by the commission based real estate business. The hours are long and at times inconvenient for families, like nights and weekends. I was a single parent, so it became impossible for me. Also, unless you have someone who can support you for a year or so, it is difficult to get started, with no salary or benefits. Many fees are charged such as Multiple Listing fees, keys, etc. that can easily be over $1000 before you ever start. You might also find yourself cold-calling for new customers, because you don't get time to answer incoming calls.

Nice place to work with friendly people!

Former Employee - Independent Real Estate Agent in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Independent Real Estate Agent in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Weichert Realtors as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The manager, Rose, is very sweet and nurturing. Weichert offers full training to new agents and continued onsite training through out your career. The on site mortgage rep is EXTREMELY knowledgeable making it easier to refer your clients to him for business.

Cons

The office is in an old reform church. The entire office needs a complete remodel to bring it up to modern standards.

Agents should receive a commission on referrals/closed mortgages made to the mortgage representative.