Weichert Realtors

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Weichert

Pros
  • Half decent training for new agents coming in industry(in 6 reviews)

• The marketing and lead generation is great(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst is the greatest fraud they put on their agents with Weichert lead network(in 5 reviews)

• Definitely low pay scale compared to other companies and jobs out there(in 4 reviews)

I have built a successful career at Weichert, Realtors

Managing Broker (Current Employee) Pompton Plains, NJ

ProsThere is a lot of support and training for both brand new and experienced agents coming from other non-training companies. Despite the large size of our company, there is still a small, family feel. Weichert is on the leading edge with how technology and real estate have come together but still values the face to face, human touch that is much needed in a service business.

ConsThe only challenges are making sure you take responsibility for staying on top of changes that are occurring in the industry. The company does a decent job at communicating new procedures and systems to it's people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out into the offices more often. There are always great new agents that would like to meet you.

I was well trained, but the market was in a bad downturn. It was hard to sell Real Estate in NJ in that enviroinment.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsGreat training, strong support from corporate in every areas.

ConsThey charged us "strong" fees for all the support.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to do something different. Think "outside the box" to stand out vs. comprtition/

Salesperson experience

Sales Representative (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsGood support and you can create and print marketing materials

ConsBad leads, take way too much out of agent split

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say it is all about empowering agents , but it isn't. Cut the profits and invest in systems that don't undermine the agents

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once "family-oriented" is now a led by a group of corporate bullies. The house that Jim built is no longer. It's sad.

Miscellaneous (Current Employee)

ProsThe office I work for is great, it's just the upper level management at corporate.

ConsThey no longer care about their employees. Upper level management takes care of themselves and continues to treat their employees as if their contribution doesn't matter. They are so disconnected from those of us in the sales offices and NEVER compliment or recognize the hard work done by employees in the field (non-sales people). It no longer feels like we are in the same team working toward the same goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so condescending and start appreciating your employees. A little appreciation goes a long way. Stop cutting salaries of employees that go above and beyond in performing their jobs many of whom spend more time at our jobs than with our families-START TREATING US LIKE OUR CONTRIBUTION MATTERS! Stop pushing technology on agents that want to spend more time "face to face" than behind a computer. This is and always will be a people business. Technology is necessary but should not replace personal contact.

Boring and Selfish Company

Agent (Current Employee) Lakewood, NJ

ProsWork hard for yourself and you can earn $$$

ConsThe Dollar rolls up hill and as an agent you can expect them to not help support your businesses efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pinching a nickel to steal a dime from your hardest workers the ones on the street opening door

So far so good

Recruiter (Current Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsNo overtime. Pretty easy. I do enjoy it.

ConsVery slow. I wish it was faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would get some structure

Awesome

Broker (Current Employee) Burlington, NJ

ProsThe best tools and warm lead transfer company around as long as you

Consrather not say since if your not the bosses pet you get no perks but have to hear about how great the pets who are given relo's,weekend listing opportunities. The awesome wln is suppose to give scrubbed leads but most are very time consuming in addition to a 50/50 split minus 35% leaving you a very small check.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with what works instead of trying to always change!

Large corporation w a down home feel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is easy access to broker who is eager to help with every step of the buying and selling process. The marketing and lead generation is great!

ConsThere could be more of a area to conduct research for properties on the market. A call center to give agents leads would have been great. Not many cons overall it was a great experience

Out of Touch

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe people in the office are all nice. Everyone is trying to earn a living and make ends meet.

ConsThis used to be a fantastic company... one family, one team, one company. Those days are long gone. When the real estate market was up and houses were flying off the shelves, you heard from upper management all the time. They were right there cheering along side you. When the market tanked, upper management retreated. When times were good they had no problem patting you on the back. When times were bad there were no encouraging words, no team building, no support. Now that the market is starting to show some improvement all you hear is recycled speeches from years past. Times have changed, but the company has not. They are stuck in the past. The one thing that set this company apart is the Door Program which is going by the wayside. The company now wants their agents to use some canned marketing materials that they print out themselves. Agents should be trying to find new business, not trying to put together marketing materials. Moral is at an all time low.
    The mentoring program has become a joke. Agents aren't being trained in a consistent manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with what is happening in 2014. Times have changed and your approach needs to change as well. Moral is down, Weichert Pride has fallen by the wayside. The foundation of the company once was strong. It is now a shell of what it once was.

Mostly a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsWorked and interacted with a lot of great people. Not too much pressure with strict deadlines

ConsLow pay and non existent advancement opportunity. Upper management needs lesions in professionalism

Worked for Weichert Realtors? Contribute to the Community!