Weichert Realtors

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.7

Jim Weichert

Pros
  • Half decent training for new agents coming in industry (in 8 reviews)

• weichert bring a fresh start for new agents and gets there Business of the ground fast (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • They also take a large percentage of your earning for any leads through their internal lead network (in 5 reviews)

• Definitely low pay scale compared to other companies and jobs out there (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Weichert Real estate agent

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Weichert Realtors part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of coworkers, excellent moral, The best training

Cons

Lower payouts when they provide leads for you.

None, your doing great !

Great company

I have been working at Weichert Realtors

Pros

In depth training for new agents
    Ongoing support
    Positive atmosphere
    Bright recognizable signage
    Good ideas from management on how to generate more business.

Cons

The leads we get are usually not workable customers but If you are patient once in a while you'll get a decent lead. Just not worth the headache for me.

Screen potential buyers on the lead network more thoroughly.

As an employee (not an sub contractor agent)

I worked at Weichert Realtors

Pros

Great training and support. Good cooperative teamwork feel in offices.

Cons

Upper management tracks arguably arbitrary metrics to the point of micro-management so you are not really free to work the way you choose. The methods can work, but they are not for everyone, especially if you are experienced and like doing things your own way. Good company, though.

Stop counting prospecting calls. the reporting can't be verified anyway, so your data is questionable.

Big disappointment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Weichert Realtors (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most employees were hard working and went over and beyond to get the job done. Employees willing to help each other.

Cons

Management offered things then didn't deliver. Training was not good. Some managers didn't know the jobs they oversaw so couldn't train their team members. Communication was not good except for the "in crowd." Pay was low and no consistency as to starting salaries and perks. No recognition or appreciation if you initiated something good for the company.

Employees are human beings trying to earn a living. Treat them with respect and not as if they are beneath you. Don't deceive the remaining employees the way those of us suddenly thrown into unemplyment were treated and lied to about the security of our positions. Office morale should never reach such a low.

Poor Work Environment and Poor Management

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately I have none to report.

Cons

Unrealistic amount of work and senior management has little regard or respect for their employees. Their is a constant turnaround of employees due to the work environment,

The insurance agency needs to be totally revamp starting with the senior management team. Realistic workloads need to be set for employees. Salaries are low for the amount of work expected by employees. Very little respect is shown for most employees.

My experience with the company

I have been working at Weichert Realtors (less than a year)

Pros

Weichert is a company that provides a very good training but no guidance through the daily issues, you don't really get leads and when you do through the lead network you have to share an additional split of your commissions, at the end you find yourself paying a lot for a limited services and support you get.

Cons

Getting leads is the main issue, you are trained how to deal with clients but not how to get these clients.

The branches' managers are much more aware of how to make business better than the central management, it's not always about how much to get today but it's about how much to invest in the future.

Great training, Terrible manager

Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Person
    Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Person

I have been working at Weichert Realtors part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training for new agents, lots of helpful tools, easy access to paperwork, brand recognition

Cons

Bad manager, low commission rate,

Teach office managers not to discriminate based on religion and race. Teach office managers to treat all sales persons as equals.

I have been subject to multiple instances of what I feel is discrimination. I had to attend a religious convention and I gave the manager advanced notice (1 month) that I needed a replacement for my shift. He told me that it my problem and I had to find someone to replace me for front desk duty. Ok fine! But here's where I feel discriminated. I was new to the company and I didn't really know anyone but I was left to find someone myself. Yet, throughout that month and months before I requested help I observed that he had helped many other agents find replacements for their shifts for less important reasons such as they "double booked themselves" so they cannot cover the desk or "a friend is coming to town so they won't be able to cover". But for my religious convention, he would not help me find a replacement. No one would assist me, so the day of the religious convention, I informed him that I found no one to cover me, his reply was: "OP-TIME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE, YOU MUST SHOW UP". There was no possible way for me to show up and my partner was going to the hospital with his wife so he could not cover either. In the end, I just called the last shift and asked them to set the phones to voicemail as I would not be in town to cover my shift.

The second of many instances is that I have been removed from covering the front desk phones( a money-making opportunity) for what reason? The manager said that I had to be doing 2-3 Open Houses a month. I consider myself a part-time agent, I have too many other responsibilities to handle my appointments and that many Open Houses a month. It is true that Weichert recommends that many open houses a month but I was never informed that it was requirement to cover the front desk phones. All that aside, let's say there is some rule that I haven't heard of, OK I understand. Here is the discrimination: No one other than myself is required to do this many open houses a month in order to sit the phones. Not even the newer agents have this requirement set upon them. So I am perplexed as to why I have been singled out for this. These and many other examples are why I cannot give this company 5 stars. I know we are all a Weichert "family" or "team" but I cannot help but feel that because of my religion and race I have been shut out of our team. I beg management to hold a diversity training for all sales managers. This training will hopefully lead to better treatment of all associates and definitely lower the likelihood of a discrimination lawsuit that they may receive.

Friendly and supportive environment

Current Employee - Realtor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Weichert Realtors part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great values based on excellent service for the client. They have title, lending and property management all available in one place for convenience. Also a fun atmosphere that accentuates togetherness within the office.

Cons

As a new agent the training was nice, but I wish there was an easier way to figure out how to assist my customers with the process of renting, buying or selling. I don't think this is an issue with Weichert, but more so the industry in general. I feel that the training is more based on prospecting, but not enough on what to do once you have the client.

Provide mentoring programs to new agents

One of the few companies that welcome newbies

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to start your Real Estate career here. The company provided training classes and training manuals
    are great for new associates with little or no experience. This company probably has the best training in
    the industry.

Cons

All the classroom knowledge and books are not a substitute for real life experience.
    The amount of mentoring and office training is dependent upon location, so you may
    need to find the right office that embodies training and partnering with neophytes.

The company individually and as a whole would benefit by more stable management.
    A revolving door of office managers only serves to decrease continuity and adhesion
    to the corporation's core principles.

Incredible support and mentoring

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Weichert Realtors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At Channing Real Estate of Weichert Realtors in Cambridge MA, there has been an incredible amount of support. I recently began a career in real estate and I'm pleasantly surprised by the level of assistance by the staff and management. It's been a fun and fast start and I'm happy to work for managers with such integrity.

Cons

Although I think it's a pro, Getting started in this industry takes a significant amount of self motivation and it's about how hard you work. Those unwilling to do that will struggle