Weichert Relocation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aram Minnetian

Again?

ProsWell knowledgeable CEO, good executive management. Staff level and some middle management could use mentoring in order to engage them at a higher level.

ConsRedundancy, the same cycle over and over, the challenges do not require much intelligence but rather patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevitalize mentoring program and make it available to middle management and staff level.

Welcoming and Supportive Colleagues

International Relocation Counselor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsEveryone works together to accomplish the overall goal of satisfying our clients. In many case when I need assistance to resolve an issue that requires reaching to other departments and an answer is always guaranteed with no long delays and constant need to follow up.
    The President, Aram Minnetian, holds town hall meetings to update employees regarding the direction the company is heading and strives to involve the employees. Recently the company has hired Chris Brunone as Vice President, Talent Development & Colleague Engagement to enhance the interaction among employees and the company as a whole. Currently it is a very exciting time to be a Weichert Workforce mobility employee.

ConsAt times you are required to put in more hours however, the environment encourages you to do what you have too in order to excel and provide results. Many times your additional efforts are recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be as transparent as possible.

Admin

Administrative/Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosnice place to work with great benefits

Consnot enough admin jobs in philly

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my time here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

Pros- Good work/life balance, at least in the finance side.

- Salary was fair. Offered more than I originally asked for.

- Big cubicles and nice atmosphere in general.

Cons- Very small company, so one bad quarter can mean loss of job.

- Not a good place for young graduates. Limited growth potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees. Be truthful with job requirements and expectations.

Weichert has provided me with good work experience in the Global Mobility industry

ProsIt is a small company so you have a chance for great exposure to a wide range of tasks. You know everyone that you work with by their first names including the VPs.

ConsThey do not pay the most competitive salary for the industry. There is no well defined path for promotion and it can be a bit political.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Corporate Relocation

Relocation Coordinator (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsAllowed some virtual workers, however, phasing that out.

ConsVery disorganized, expecation to job load unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees on the front line are your biggest assest. Allign work loads more correctly with the percentage of weight for each service.

A Terrible Company

Relocation Counselor (Former Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsAn okay place to start out in the relocation/HR industry, good time off.

ConsExtremely poor management team offering no leadership skills or mentoring abilities. They also play favorites with employees and reward those not who could offer more to the Company, but those who sit quietly and are no risk to their own careers. Therefore there is no career path - you will stay in same job with same salary forever unless you get in with the right crowd which is near impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace middle management and develop a true career path/progression that is clearly explained to all employees. Allow employees to break out and assist with other aspects of the business like business development. Initiating services and processing expenses is a job that gets boring quick.

Not a bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsAn easy commute, nice facilities, pleasant work environment, competent management. IT infrastructure and software applications are up to date. On site cafeteria

ConsLots of backstabbing among lower level employees, high drama all day by older women who protect their territories like lions. Mostly unwilling to help new employees and will gladly throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat. You need to be on guard at all times lest you become prey.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well run and management is on the ball. Lower level staff needs to be reigned in. Many of the "old timers" are inflexable and seem to be bored with the work, lacking a sense of urgency. Deadwood all over, needs to be culled in order for the company to move forward.

WRRI needs to get rid of the deadwood in management

Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsThe top people are bright and dynamic while many of the next level of management support the status quo or worse.

ConsMany of the client services staff are not telling the whole truth to their clients. Changes are implemented but they are afraid to notify their clients, so they hold their breath and hope the clients don't find out

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the changes you know are important ans stop letting other relocation companies take your ideas and implement them while you go back to business as usual-are you listening Mr Minnetian?

Us vs. Them Mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn entrepenurial environment exists, or existed, at WRRI and employees who have initiative and the ability to follow through can stand out.

ConsNavigating through the politics can be challenging and standing out, as mentioned above, is not always well received among long standing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that company goals/visions are being consistently executed by all Management, across all departments. Foster a more professional environment for the sake of your employees, as well as your clients.

Worked for Weichert Relocation? Contribute to the Community!