Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive(in 33 reviews)

• I was always uplifted by helping others to get healthy and reach their goals(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage(in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment(in 14 reviews)

Great Mission, Poor Compensation for Talent

Products & E-commerce Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEach day I get to work to help others reach their goals to have a healthier life with an organization that supported me as I lost over 40 lbs. It is truly inspiring to see the impact we have on millions of people.

ConsWork-life balance is quite unbalanced. Those who are truly talented in what they do and far exceed their responsibilities are not fairly valued or compensated for what they are truly worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledging your star performers with a "you're doing great!" only goes so far. When an individual displays their capabilities that far exceeds their responsibilities, they need to be compensated correctly. You create jobs that are the combination of 2-3 different positions at other organizations, you need to realize Weight Watchers is not a competitive employer.

Great people to work with, but minimal pay

Receptionist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLoved helping others and the team of people that you worked with was always great!

Consnot compensated well. They expect you to learn more and more, but never gave a raise over the almost 10 years that I worked there.

Poor management

Receptionist (Current Employee)

ProsAttaining and staying within your weight goal is a requirement to be an employee. Multitasking skills is also a requirement. As an employee you weigh members in, and help them to see their own desires for weight-loss, but at the same time it is a sales job and are expected to have a bottom line of product sold per member.

ConsYour training is mostly online. The in meeting room training is only 12 hours, and often times you aren't assigned a meeting because of the number of meeting attendance restrictions. One receptionist per 36 attendees. The management is absentee and unavailable due to reorganization, and disconnected from employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the employees you have to their best advantage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great mission but lack ability to follow through.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible schedules, benefits, work with amazing people in the field.

ConsCentral office works in a silo and lacks ability to offer the same level of service to employees that they give to customers. The level of immature high school girl politics is ridiculous and many at the senior level including DM's don't understand what it means to be professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want a professional organization then please put in the effort to make sure it happens. This means you follow up and do something about situations that are reported.

Hobby not for real income

Receptionist (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive. Clients were very happy to see you and overall positive.

ConsWages are not fair for majority of entry level positions. Asked too much of staff for the pay. Took advantage of the fact that people were passionate about the company brand and enjoyed helping others. More of a hobby than a job.

Great Mission but Poorly Managed

ProsIt's a great mission and fanatastic to see people succeed on the program. Employees are nice, warm people.

ConsNo transparency, lack of communication, not collaborative, lack of direction with ever changing business objectives, management keeps saying they are going to change but everything stays the same

Advice to Senior ManagementFix what's broken instead of constantly patching new things on top of broken stuff - it's not working!

Good company depending on your department and title

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood, hardworking, devoted and dedicated employees who believe in the company's mission.
    The company is addressing certain transformational issues from a wise business perspective.

ConsLow compensation. Expectations that go beyond what the company is willing to provide from an incentive perspective. Horrible office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody matters, not just upper managment and select managers.

leader

Leader (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosflexible schedule, good training, no danger of losing the job

Conspoor treatment and very low salary

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your leaders!

Great family of coworkers!

Territory Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of flexibility to balance with family, good perks, best people to work with ever!

ConsMarried to the job 24/7 although flexible times, hard to turn it off. Too much inconsistencies with management

Advice to Senior ManagementReally get to know the field and make more consistent decisions.

Used to love it.

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGreat members and co-workers. Has kept me at my own goal.

ConsDisarray at upper management. No clear direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in currect employees. Go back to original mission of group support. It's what we do best. Stop chasing after each new competitor.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!