Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive(in 33 reviews)

• I was always uplifted by helping others to get healthy and reach their goals(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage(in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment(in 14 reviews)

Good part time work.

Receptionist (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGood work environment.
    Friendly members and staff.
    Good part time work.
    Good stepping stone for other employment or to earn a little extra money.

ConsLots of driving. Not too many hours. Not a lot of direct contact with management on a daily basis.

It was a great company to work for prior to the merge of Weight Watchers Int. I was in the .com side of things

ProsCasual dress, free weight watchers meals

ConsMajor corporate politics, bad management

The company's mission is great but they over work you and it's a very cliquey work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Great mission
    - It's inspiring to hear the success stories and how the program has changed so many lives. - - Having free access to the plan (going to meetings and/or free etools) is a great perk because it does work. And there's always food laying around the office.

Cons-Cliquey environment. If you aren't liked by the right people, you will not go anywhere or advance.
    -For such a small corporate office (I believe there's a few hundred) there's such a lack of communication between departments.
    - There are some mediocre middle managers there that shouldn't be managing people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bah humbug

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosworking with people to increase their self esteem and also lose weight. one of the most rewarding things that I have done

ConsYour meetings are not your meetings so you become very close with some of your members and in come management and jerks your meetings from you without giving notice and telling me to tell my members that it was my decision to move on. Your enpowered to do things and them get in trouble for doing them because lack of management being around. The pay is lousy and management has their favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome an undercover boss and really see what happens down at the bottom lines and the crap that we had to deal with

Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jericho, NY

ProsThe program works and it helps and has helped a lot of people, some which I know personally. It is basic & fundamental and if followed properly, the person following the program will be successful.

ConsOne of the worst experiences in my career.Senior Management is about who they like.Very UNPROFESSIONAL in many ways!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with the respect that everyone deserves both in and out of the office. Don't treat them like outcasts just because you may not like their personalities. As long as the person works diligently, is professional and does the work assigned; that is what matters. As Senior Management, you should be able to put personal feelings aside and conduct yourselves as professionals. For those that want to "be" Don't follow your manager just because you want to get promoted...learn to do the right thing and stand up for what is right!

Satisfactory

Receptionist (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosflexible schedule, lots of opportunity to stay active

Conspay is not impressive, but getting better

A company with a noble mission that's in sink-or-swim time.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome smart and passionate people. A meaningful mission. The new leadership seems to have the right vision for the future.

ConsIt's a very bumpy ride right now. The transformation of this old-guard company is going to be slow and painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with staff more and more often. If you think you're communicating a little too much, you're probably still not communicating enough. If you think you're way overcommunicating, you've probably got it just about right.

Great weight-loss program. Not so great employer.

Receptionist/Location Coordinator (Current Employee) West Sacramento, CA

ProsMembers and coworkers are the best!

ConsMinimum wage or barely better. Difficult to maintain a schedule because the hours you are assigned are not guaranteed and you are laid off on a week by week basis if meeting attendance drops. Company constantly hires and takes away experienced workers' shifts to make room for the newest hires, who often leave the company once they realize the low pay and inconventent hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your experienced employees. We offer the best service to members. Evaluate employees' performance and reward those who really care about their jobs and company.

Weight Watchers New for 2014

Receptionist, Mentor, Used to BE Leader (Current Employee)

ProsHelping people towards a healthier lifestyle

ConsThe new program for 2014 has made their approach in the first 4 weeks simpler, but neglected to recognize those who have contributed through out 2013... the reason???? A dollar an hour more.

Advice to Senior ManagementJim Chambers: Your service providers work hard and are your bread and butter. Ignoring the fact that these people need to be recognized on a local level each year is your first big mistake.

Great mission, poor management

Manager (Former Employee) Jericho, NY

ProsWeight Watchers has a wonderful mission and has very dedicated employees as a result. Good benefits, convenient office locations. Decent work-life balance.

ConsPay was not competitive. Corporate seemed very mismanaged, which caused a lot of high turnover. There always seemed to be a disconnect between management and lower staff. It sounds like senior management has changed, so hopefully this has gotten better.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!