Weight Watchers Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Wonderful helping people meet their goals (in 36 reviews)

• Helping yourself by helping others (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage (in 43 reviews)

• Constant upper management changes which have led to unclear business initiatives for the Field Staff to implement (in 16 reviews)

1. Relatively fulfilling

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping others, keeps weight off, people are grateful, flex hours for part timers

Cons

Pay, communication, availability of product, ability to have a vision and follow through on it successfully, too many jump starts and fail/bail with mgt

Advice to Management

Learn from mistakes so they are no longer repeated, better product packaging and distribution/availability,

They really need to get back to basics!

Former Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in DFW, TX

Pros

They helped me lose a lot of weight many years ago, so I went to work for them. I really enjoyed it, at first. I met a lot of nice women there, both employees and members.

Cons

They care too much about the "bottom-line" instead of really helping the members. I know it's a business, but they need to build a better relationship with their members. Their products are over priced. Employees were under paid, especially for what we were asked to do. They put a lot of emphasis on US to get members in the door. We rarely got praised for good work.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics of helping members and the word of mouth would increase membership. Better communication with the staff, and treat the employees as the valuable assets they are.

3. Marketing

Pros

Company strives to help people

Cons

Business not innovating fast enough

5. Service Provider/ Receptionist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Weight Watchers (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great job for a mom with school age children. It's very flexible. You get to stay abreast of the latest health trends, receive 50% off purchases, and it's very rewarding to help others reach their weight loss goals.

Cons

Compensation is low. Weight Watchers online is a competitor of Weight Watchers meetings.

6. Leader

Current Employee - Leader in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive experience enjoy meeting and helping people with their weight loss and keep them motivated each week enjoy the autonomy

Cons

systems are old and outdated but improvement is on the way and company is focused on what they do best

Advice to Management

keep focused on the business new fresh ideas are always welcomed

Good program...management is lost.

Pros

Best weight loss plan around, but current management are too cut throat.

Cons

WWI doesn't have a clue how to treat their franchisees or how to price their app

Advice to Management

Listen to your franchisee

8. Conflicted...

Current Employee - Sales Manager and Class Instructor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager and Class Instructor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Weight Watchers (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an opportunity to promote a lifestyle and help individuals achieve their personal weight-loss and fitness goals.

Cons

Working in a franchise is a bit different from the parent company. While the product is the same, offerings are not. Some of the franchise locations have not kept up with technology as a result they have lost a large portion of the market share.

Advice to Management

I don't know what fruitful advice could be given to a 50 year old company.

Coach and receptionist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR

I have been working at Weight Watchers (More than 3 years)

Pros

Keeps you motivated to maintain weight loss. Great supporting other members.

Cons

Very low pay for the required training, skill, and representation of the organization

10. Positive and Busy Atmosphere, Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers (Less than a year)

Pros

Customer focused, people oriented, appreciate employees, and from top management right on through there is a strong effort to become more relevant in the marketplace. The atmosphere is somewhat progressive and relaxed, although busy.

Cons

Current marketplace puts this company into heavy competition, and therefore there is a higher concern with the bottom line right now than there has been in the not-so-distant past.

Advice to Management

There may be advantages to hiring a certain percentage of contractors at this time if this would help to save further.

11. Receptionist

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Great Co-workers and members which keep many of us working there. Flexible schedule and ability to take time off.

Cons

Very low pay, management is not professional or well trained. Theories and policies change with the wind. No respect or extra compensation for long time employees who actually train new hires. Uppers management has been a revolving door with new philosophies so often its hard to keep track of. Antiquated computer system makes it very hard to do job effectively. I would not recommend this job to anyone new. Front line workers who actually interact with customers are never consulted before implementing yet another "new plan".

Advice to Management

Talk to your long term employees who already have a great one on one relationship with our customers. Quit changing the program every year just for the sake of change. Stick to a pricing policy and stop all this "flash sale" that just makes current members angry that they missed a good deal. Realize that the more seasoned employee you lose the more members you lose. Look at your numbers and see the correlation, The new employee never get proficient at the job and constantly process new customers incorrectly. This results in frustration to the customer and they eventually leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed