Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive (in 33 reviews)

• I was always uplifted by helping others to get healthy and reach their goals (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job

ProsInspiring stories, motivating, meet

ConsI work part time for ww and have another full time job.

Gave me a new path in life

Weight Watchers Receptionist (Current Employee) Merced, CA

ProsKeeps your weight under control

ConsTransportation is a must in order to grow your knowledge and arizons

Advice to Senior Managementcome in with patience and an open mind

Good opportunity in cut throat environment

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood technologies, opportunity for growth.

ConsUpper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like people, treat your customers like people and you will succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where's YOUR loyalty?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosmotivated coworkers, cappucino machine in the kitchen, summer Fridays

ConsWreckless disregard for longtime employees who give their all to the company; shortsightedness on the part of senior-level executives.

Advice to Senior Managementit's not a beer or food company, it's a PEOPLE company. What was the point of laying off hard-working, engaged employees so you can bring in overpaid consultants?

Great Mission, fast pace

ProsGreat mission, which most employees are very dedicated to. Good benefits, decent work-life balance. Some teams have a greater sense of community than others but it's generally a friendly work force.

ConsWe are still dealing with outdated, legacy systems, however this is one of the main focuses of the company to fix in the next year. Silos are still present, though there is an effort to break them down.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a single unified front - which comes from the top down. Make good on previous promises - you have dedicated employees who believe in the mission.

I love working with the members!

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsInteracting with the members and helping them learn to live a heallhy lifestyle and reach their ideal weight and maintain it for life.

ConsToo much emphasis on retention and lack of transparency in making new assignments. This company wastes money by hiring new employees when current employees lack meeting assignments. Also it wastes money by using subs who live 20 or more miles away (paying mileage & travel time) when subs are available only 2 miles away.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above notes under "Cons." There are many areas for cost savings such as duplicate mailings & inventory management. In our territory the TMA makes all sub assignments. SPs are not allowed to get their own subs. This results in a lot of favoritism & also wastes money in travel expenses as noted above. It also increases the expense of finding subs ( hourly pay to TMA). Last year's salary increase was good, but it resulted in too many people losing their jobs.

Constant Change

Leader (Current Employee)

ProsHelping members get to goal.

ConsCompensation is still lower than expected

Great weight loss program, not great employer

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsHelping people lose weight and working with a staff that knows the struggle to lose weight and keep it off

ConsLow pay, couldn't do it as a full time job unless you had a spouse that could support you or a second job. Outdated way of handling money...I had to use my own checking account for company money.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more!

Great People, Terrible Pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the good things about weight watchers were the people and the over all atmosphere. Most of the people were outgoing and liked to do a good job and help each other out. Willing to help teach others to allow them to grow as well as themselves. Office was very comfortable with a relaxed dress code, most mangers allowed a little flux in what time you started as long as you got you work done and were accountable for it.

ConsPay was under market by a significant amount, this caused a lot of issues since most people want to get paid fair market value for the work they are putting out. Little to no training, hard to get them to pay for any certifications.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should look at trying to help there people grow as professionals and individuals and make sure that they keep good people who have helped them grow as a business and not just dismiss them for no good reason.

It is not a DIET it is a LIFESTYLE change....

Receptionist (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsGreat company to work for. Great interaction with the members. Love helping members in any way I can to reach their goals. Great part-time job that I love to do.

ConsWish I had a couple days during the week to work

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!