Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

2.5

James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive (in 33 reviews)

• I was always uplifted by helping others to get healthy and reach their goals (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

I love working with the members!

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Macon, GA

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interacting with the members and helping them learn to live a heallhy lifestyle and reach their ideal weight and maintain it for life.

Cons

Too much emphasis on retention and lack of transparency in making new assignments. This company wastes money by hiring new employees when current employees lack meeting assignments. Also it wastes money by using subs who live 20 or more miles away (paying mileage & travel time) when subs are available only 2 miles away.

See above notes under "Cons." There are many areas for cost savings such as duplicate mailings & inventory management. In our territory the TMA makes all sub assignments. SPs are not allowed to get their own subs. This results in a lot of favoritism & also wastes money in travel expenses as noted above. It also increases the expense of finding subs ( hourly pay to TMA). Last year's salary increase was good, but it resulted in too many people losing their jobs.

Constant Change

Current Employee - Leader
    Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping members get to goal.

Cons

Compensation is still lower than expected

Great weight loss program, not great employer

Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping people lose weight and working with a staff that knows the struggle to lose weight and keep it off

Cons

Low pay, couldn't do it as a full time job unless you had a spouse that could support you or a second job. Outdated way of handling money...I had to use my own checking account for company money.

Pay your people more!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, Terrible Pay

I worked at Weight Watchers

Pros

Some of the good things about weight watchers were the people and the over all atmosphere. Most of the people were outgoing and liked to do a good job and help each other out. Willing to help teach others to allow them to grow as well as themselves. Office was very comfortable with a relaxed dress code, most mangers allowed a little flux in what time you started as long as you got you work done and were accountable for it.

Cons

Pay was under market by a significant amount, this caused a lot of issues since most people want to get paid fair market value for the work they are putting out. Little to no training, hard to get them to pay for any certifications.

Management should look at trying to help there people grow as professionals and individuals and make sure that they keep good people who have helped them grow as a business and not just dismiss them for no good reason.

It is not a DIET it is a LIFESTYLE change....

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Great interaction with the members. Love helping members in any way I can to reach their goals. Great part-time job that I love to do.

Cons

Wish I had a couple days during the week to work

Change CAN be good...but too many or the frequency takes a toll on everyone!

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed working for WW! The other staff and the members kept us connected as to WHY we were working for whatever compensation we were given. Helping people feel success and reaching personal goals is very rewarding. Great food program and member loyalty! Great benefit package for Full-time employees!

Cons

When Senior management comes from within, they "get it" and keep the foundation strong for what WW was founded upon-group support, driven by people who have done it, and then made it into a business. Taking the focus to the numbers and just a business approach had a negative effect. Too many changes too often and asking for more and more for the same money-training/responsibilities. Talent can't make it on a very PT salary-we have to work a full time job to pay the bills which leaves a PT hobby taking a lot of time/effort for a meager return sadly.

WW isn't like any other business and we have no other competition; however, constant changes and asking management and hourly to do more work but still to be considered PT is asking a lot. The top seems "top-heavy" with a lot of executives with big salaries or positions and the foundation (hourly staff) are really doing the work. Get into the field more and realize that across the country things are very different than in NY or other bigger cities. Rural meeting/relationships are valuable too. FInd out what it feels like to go from applicant to staff member by actually doing it (not just a few times). Find out how broken things really are in the process!

Madness

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

nice office and location, comp was market rate, nice people depending on what department you work in.

Cons

This place is such a mess, they've turned their whole staff and pretty much have no company culture. Everyone just does what they have to do to not get fired and that's it, nothing about the company makes u want to stay there. Unless you are in an inclusive department that makes effort for their people to collaborate then noone talks to each other.

Hobby not for real income

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive. Clients were very happy to see you and overall positive.

Cons

Wages are not fair for majority of entry level positions. Asked too much of staff for the pay. Took advantage of the fact that people were passionate about the company brand and enjoyed helping others. More of a hobby than a job.

Great Mission, Poor Compensation for Talent

Current Employee - Products & E-commerce Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Products & E-commerce Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Each day I get to work to help others reach their goals to have a healthier life with an organization that supported me as I lost over 40 lbs. It is truly inspiring to see the impact we have on millions of people.

Cons

Work-life balance is quite unbalanced. Those who are truly talented in what they do and far exceed their responsibilities are not fairly valued or compensated for what they are truly worth.

Acknowledging your star performers with a "you're doing great!" only goes so far. When an individual displays their capabilities that far exceeds their responsibilities, they need to be compensated correctly. You create jobs that are the combination of 2-3 different positions at other organizations, you need to realize Weight Watchers is not a competitive employer.

Great people to work with, but minimal pay

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Loved helping others and the team of people that you worked with was always great!

Cons

not compensated well. They expect you to learn more and more, but never gave a raise over the almost 10 years that I worked there.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!