Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

Weight Watchers – New York – “Headquarters: Kitchen/eating area with foosball”

James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Enjoyed helping people, coworkers were very nice and dedicated and supportive (in 33 reviews)

• I was always uplifted by helping others to get healthy and reach their goals (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • In our franchise staff is often working for less than minimum wage (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is unfriendly and creates back stabbing environment (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Constant Change with direction company is going

ProsCoworkers are what will make or break a meeting. Great coworkers equals a good meeting enviroment. Flexible schedule to work the evenings that work for me.

ConsExpectations to a lot of work in short amount of time. compensation is still low considering to amount of work required to perform the duties. Field employees are blamed for lagging business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe true to the original values of Weight watchers. Weight watchers was started with Jean and a group of her friends coming together with a common goal to lose weight. Coming together and exchanging ideas together made them successful. This is your strength, this is your corner on the market!! No matter what so called experts say people still need some personal interaction, they need the accountability, and they need the support meetings provide.
       Please quit trying to compete with everyone else----you do not have to. You are a part of a 50 year old successful company that has seemed to lose it's way a bit. Focus on the people!! Treat employees and customers right and the money will follow. Members and employees need and want that genuine and personal meeting experience.

Good company depending on your department and title

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood, hardworking, devoted and dedicated employees who believe in the company's mission.
    The company is addressing certain transformational issues from a wise business perspective.

ConsLow compensation. Expectations that go beyond what the company is willing to provide from an incentive perspective. Horrible office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody matters, not just upper managment and select managers.

Rewarding service oriented culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRewarding to be involved in a service oriented culture whose entire mission/vision is focused on member success.
    Amazing employees who are devoted to their staff and members.

ConsConstant upper management changes which have led to unclear business initiatives for the Field Staff to implement. (Company Vision Statement and Service Vision have been lost)
    Reactive vs. proactive approaches and constant mixed messages to Field Staff.
    Lack of motivation/appreciation offered to Field Staff. (Field Staff are the life blood of the company. They are Lifetime Members who often take care of their own needs last to support their members/company initiatives.)

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit The Jean Nidetch Story to rebuild the amazing service oriented culture that has always been the true secret to Weight Watchers success.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great family of coworkers!

Territory Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of flexibility to balance with family, good perks, best people to work with ever!

ConsMarried to the job 24/7 although flexible times, hard to turn it off. Too much inconsistencies with management

Advice to Senior ManagementReally get to know the field and make more consistent decisions.

Used to love it.

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGreat members and co-workers. Has kept me at my own goal.

ConsDisarray at upper management. No clear direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in currect employees. Go back to original mission of group support. It's what we do best. Stop chasing after each new competitor.

Overall a good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working for a company that is in the business to help people change their lives.

ConsThe central office team preaches that they are transparent, yet there are many areas that they keep from field staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly become transparent with field staff.

Wonderful company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe friendly work atmosphere and company-wide updates led to productivity and transparency.

ConsThe marketplace is tough so the stability might not always be there. With that said, they have made great strides in keeping the brand current and moving.

National company but amateur in managing.

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsNice people. I like many of the members of the meetings but sometimes felt like I was not giving them truthful information.

ConsThey hide compensation like it was a national secret. Totally mislead about compensation. Trainers....a few good ones, but many are just dreadful. They make such a big deal of the initial training and then, they just let leaders do whatever......and some of the whatever is not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are so proud of your organization, why do you hide the compensation. Why do allow boring leaders who are still overweight and continue to gain weight for months? Many of the products that they want you to push are incredibly unhealthy.......too many chemicals.

Great company that has lost its way

Management (Former Employee)

ProsGreat mission, great program that works, employees have a passion for WW and helping others - it's a job that helps others

ConsThe heart and soul of WW was replaced by corporate greed in the past five years- slowly but surely it destroyed the passion of the workforce which led to poor profits. Morale is terrible, new management making poor decisions to try to save the company only making it worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn an effort to become more "agile" at Central you have taken a workforce already stretched thin and dumped more work on them and lost some great people doing great work in the process. Fancy meeting rooms,expensive consultants and analytics raised the cost of doing business and making profits. Bad business decisions led WW to this dismal spot- not sure it can be brought back.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Purpose is wonderful----treatment of employees horrible

Manager (Current Employee)

Prosworking for a company whose mission is to help people live better lives

ConsSenior Managment not transparent-don't know how to fix business ---predict company will file bankruptcy from continued revenue decline and high debt service as a result of board of directors self serving buyback of stock at $80+ and $1.5BILLION in new debt

severe layoffs in field and customer support support and corporate office--all long term employees watched treatment of peers during these layoffs---anyone who is any good is looking for a job

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!