Weill Cornell Medical College

www.med.cornell.edu

Weill Cornell Medical College Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Weill Cornell Medical College – New York – “WCMC”

Weill Cornell Medical College – New York – “WCMC”

Weill Cornell Medical College Dean Laurie H. Glimcher

Laurie H. Glimcher

Pros
  • The company offers great benefits, including a generous tuition reembursement (in 10 reviews)

• Great location, great benefits, great co-workers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, for NYC this is hard to manage well (in 4 reviews)

• I work in a science lab, and the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are older white men (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Overworked and underpaid to do fascinating research.

Research Technician II (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat things being done here,interesting research and work

ConsProbably not the same in all departments, but in my department there was illegal comp time being utilized when we worked overtime instead of actual wage payment. HR was notified multiple times, but nothing ever changed, either because they left it up to the department and they didn't want to change it or HR didn't really follow up.

research associate

Prosgood benefits and access to great physicians

Consthe commute from the boroughs could be long

Research Associate in WCMC

Research Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood location, excellent reputation, good platforms for research including animal facilities and nice collaboration with research groups outside

ConsSalary is relatively low considering the living expenses in New York City. Limited space for working and living. Work pressure is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more chances for postdocs or researchers to social, and exchange their research interest/progress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very satisfied

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood funding, better career finding opportunities, flexible working hours for postdocs, cheaper accommodation

Conscould not find anything yet

Good Work Life Balance but Horrible Management/Unprofessional Work Environment in IT OPs

Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWCMC gives it's employees a great worklife balance, solid benefits and a great location in NYC for the IT Dept.

ConsManagement is aloof, and lacks interpersonal skills, they do not take the time to get to know you. Secondly they are aware of employees in the department who are difficult to work with yet they do not give you any forewarning. In fact they allow people within the work environment to be disruptive, harassing fellow employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging employees-instead focus on the building a cohesive team getting rid of any weak links who are disruptive of the work environment.

Great scientists, terrible staff

Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIvy league institution, name recognition, brilliant scientists. I'm a postdoc in the Surgery department and I couldn't be happier with the scientific environment.

ConsGetting anything done paperwork-wise is a nightmare. Whether it's dealing with security to get access to your own lab or contacting someone about a reimbursement, it takes entirely too long to get anything done. IT (info technology) is the worst. It took them several months just to set up our new computers. IT has to do it, so there is no option to do anything yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo employee reviews and fire the people who show no interest in doing their jobs. Research implementing some kind of central database so that different departments can actually communicate to each other.

Good Stability"

Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat work/life balance for those with families.

ConsLow pay in higher education.

Great work life balance, but salary is not commensurate of abilities

Research Associate (Current Employee)

Prosflexible hours, great co-workers, large research facility,

Conssalary not competitive, no bonuses

Good working condition with good pay

Research Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe lab is very equipped with machines and supplies. The hours were not 8am-6pm with lunch break. The people are helpful. The pay is decent too.

ConsToo many people at the cafeteria during lunch hours. It could get a bit too cold with the AC sometimes in the lab.

Very Enjoyable, Rewarding and Independent Environment

Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI like working here because you are treated very well. If they hire you for a position they trust you and allow you to excel at your career.

ConsI really love my clinical work however as in any clinical setting there are some co-workers that are tougher to work with than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementAutomatic cost of living increases each year.

Worked for Weill Cornell Medical College? Contribute to the Community!