Weingarten Realty

Add Photos

Drew Alexander

Great people, conservative culture

ProsPeople, Benefits, Quality Product, Values

ConsThe compensation is not competitive

Advice to Senior Managementpush decisions down

Suntrust vs, Suntrust

Teller Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsOverall good company and good perks with being an bank employee. Only worked Monday thru Friday which was good.

ConsSeniority over ruled in every situation. Employees had to pay for daily parking was very expensive on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone from teller to financial advisors should be cross trained thoroughly. To be able to help clients depending on business needs regardless of their title.

Sucks! People are rude and management doesn't care about their employees..

N/A (Current Employee)

ProsNone - Low Salaries-no compassion

ConsNone - Low Salaries - no compassion

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease show some compassion to their loyal employees. Hire better dept. heads that have a full understanding of what their job entails.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great experience.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat company culture. As an intern I had many opportunities to work on various projects. Everyone was extremely helpful and invested in helping me gain experience in the CRE industry. Management and upper management have many connections within the industry.

ConsNone that I could easily identify. I was only an intern so I was never extremely vested into the back-end of the company.

The company is very (perhaps too) conservative, but has a strong reputation in Houston commercial real estate circles.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosproper staffing or overstaffing contribute to a very relaxed culture, great reputation in Houston real estate circles, great benefits package

Consreactive and haphazard management, company is a follower instead of a leader in its industry, organization not structured for career advancement, organization too "siloed", investment decisions are not properly vetted

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the courage to lead the Wall Street analysts instead of the other way around. It's the only way WRI will regain its standing at the front of the pack among its retail REIT peers (and once again command a premium valuation as well).

Fantastic

Intern (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsCareer advancement, benefits, morale, leadership

ConsSalaries tend to be a little lower than market.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Adequate employer.

Legal Assistant (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsOverall, the people who work at WRI are nice people. For the most part the company does not work their employees to the ground. WRI use to have a really good reputation as a family friendly work environment, but that has gone down hill significantly.

ConsVery few opportunities to grow into a new position. No loyalty to employees, but that is probably the corporate environment everywhere now. Very structured work mentality (no room for expression or opinion).

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees as you use to, rather than the "all mighty dollar".

Great people and benefits

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsStarted out with a lot of opportunities to advance and "spread wings". I made a lot of great friends there and feel that the majority of people were well chosen.

ConsThey were not very good about promoting from within. Basically, you had to leave the company to move up. There was also a period of layoffs that made it unpleasant to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the family business model. Weingarten used to be a very people driven place, I feel it moved to money motivated- to the point of compromising people.

Its a proffessional company to work for, however the company is very conservative and is not keen on promotions

ProsGreat people, competitive salairy, and fair management team.

ConsRaises and Promotions are very tough to get these days, bonuses are shrinking, and the company seems to be selling a lot of properties.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook good and hard at some of the managers that have been there for years. On the surface, you may think they are helping you, but deep down many of them have becomes masters of manipulating the truth,l and they are not helping the company like you think they are. Focus on developing the young and new talent, by creating oppurtunities for growth. Provide career growth plans for your employees, so people see a future is possible.

Weingarten is a good place to work

ProsGreat benefits, strong roots, committment to success

ConsVery established company without a great deal of growth at the current time so the opportunity for advancement isn't as available as I would like - this same scenerio is everywhere though with current economic climate

Worked for Weingarten Realty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weingarten Realty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Weingarten Realty CEO Drew Alexander. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Weingarten Realty employees.