Weinstein Management

3.3

Allison P. Weinstein

great company!

I have been working at Weinstein Management full-time

Pros

Great pay and great company to work for. Treat employees very well. Offer lots of vacation time. Benefits are great!

Cons

Work a lot of overtime but don't get any extra pay since on salary. Upper management can be difficult to deal with at times.

Leasing Consultant

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Weinstein Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay for leasing in the area
    Community Locations
    Full Time or Part Time employment options

Cons

Management does not communicate with the employees or value their input for process improvements
    Promotions are not based on merit they are decided upon friendships
    Employees are treated as if easily disposable
    Benefits are costly
    Open on Sundays and almost all holidays

The company lacks a sense of culture and values. Management needs to consider more checks and balances for onsite managers and consider employing qualified business leaders. A more open line of communication vs secrecy and gossip would benefit the company greatly.

This was a great job with even better co-workers.

Current Employee - Framer  in  Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Framer in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Weinstein Management part-time for less than a year

Pros

That would be the people and the work environment.

Cons

I was laid off. Last one hired first to go.

My resume says it all.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A long road to nowhere

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Weinstein Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

pay was average, met some lifelong friends

Cons

Management. Unless you like being in "clicks" don't work for this company. Hard work and loyalty mean nothing. Absolutely nothing.

grow a conscience

Overall a great company to work for that treats their employee's well.

I have been working at Weinstein Management

Pros

Great starting salary for a leasing consultant. Very flexible with scheduling needs. Able to advance through the company to management positions fairly easily.

Cons

While we don't receive commissions as leasing consultants, they do pay out quarterly bonuses. So if you are looking to be able to earn more in terms of commissions this may not be the company for you.

Good for first job out of college

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Weinstein Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

My property was nice and I had my own space. The pay was good for my first job out of college. Benefits. Flexible schedule. They promote from within.

Cons

They already know who they want to be their property managers. No matter how hard you work if you have the "look" then you will stay put as a leasing agent forever. No commission on sales. High turnover.

Pay attention to your hard workers. I was passed up for a position I know I deserved and it was given to another girl that was NOT qualified or ready and I honestly feel that she got it based on her looks. Judge based on numbers and skill. Also make sure your regionals are available. Our property had a tough time just getting her to answer the phone. Nevertheless visit the property.

Hard to get anywhere good

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  Cornelius, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Cornelius, NC

I worked at Weinstein Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Place of employment (sites), employee appreciation events, and contests

Cons

Lower level management not very good, pay, and advancement.

Pay closer attention to your better employees instead of the ones that do loads wrong!

At one point in time it was positive but the company is so bent on changing that its very difficult to keep up.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Weinstein Management

Pros

Friendly, neutral to ok growth, and to some extent, pay.

Cons

Some Directors are way too personal with their employees, hard to respect and be productive with that behavior and it clouds everything. When you see a Director out at a local restaurant or bar with another employee and they are both slammed to the wall it makes you wonder how that could equate to an objective or productive environment in the workplace. When you see it on more than one occasion over a span of years, you wonder about employment decisions that have been made by that person. Another downside is the amount of change company wide in one years time even. They believe change or die basically but the change is so fast and furious and decisions are rarely consistent so it's hard to feel confident in any decision you make as an employee. The final huge downside is probably the fact that politics rule almost everything especially as a regular employee looking up to the corporate level and there is little respect for any corporate person from the normal ranks who do all the tough work day to day.

Be more aware of how Directors behave because it puts a very dark cloud over all other decisions and actions. Slow down the change, while change is good and its never positive to stay the same or you will fall behind, slow it down and let the employees catch up and get used to what is going on. Lighten up on the email train because more time is spent sitting in front of the computer for fear of missing an important email and the undue stress of that pulls on what a leasing team could more productively be spending their time on.

Good pay, crappy hours!

I worked at Weinstein Management part-time

Pros

The p/t pay is above average, but it is to compensate having to work nearly every weekend, both days. Nice properties, and corporate folks are great.

Cons

If you enjoy working every weekend, this is the job for you. No structured breaks, showing properties in the rain, last minute folks who want to walk a property after an 8 hour day, somewhat unprofessional property managers - gossipy.

Perhaps instead of having one person work every weekend, maybe split it - one do a Saturday and one do a Sunday so one can enjoy at least some of the weekend w/their family.

Worked for Weinstein Management? Contribute to the Community!