WeiserMazars

Be The First To
Add Photos

WeiserMazars Managing Partner Douglas A. Phillips

Douglas A. Phillips

Good pay, extremely long hours and poor work life balance

Audit Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prossalary, perks, and good technical people

Conswork life balance, hours, HR displayed favoritism when doling out work assignments

Tax Department- Long Island

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woodbury, NY

ProsThe office is new and beautiful.

ConsFirm has no vision. Sweatshop mentality (tax season all year). Turnover is extremely high. Human resources enables an unhealthy work environment. Certain partners project blame on staff for firm failures and deflect responsibility while working as little as possible. The mindset is, quantity over quality, as long as the return is out the door it doesn't matter how incorrect it is. Avoid the tax department at all costs- no paycheck is worth the amount of stress and lack of respect you will receive while working in such a hostile environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCertain managers are required to work too much while certain managers are exempt from working at all. It is all about who you know and which partner protects you. Company values, leadership, and quality management are not a priority at Weiser.

Audit Senior- good experience

Audit Senior (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou learn a lot and have a lot of opportunities to take on new jobs/experiences if you show the initiative. The people (for the most part) are great. There are a lot of clubs/activities/happy hours during non-busy season.
    Raises are very good. Bonuses are okay.

ConsWhile the hours aren't nearly as bad as "Big 4," they are a challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider increasing the 401k match (currently up to 2%)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place

Prospay is fair
    learn a lot

Consnothing to complain about other than better benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementdont change

My experience was awesome

Intern Auditor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBest team spirit, best ambiance, very motivating

Conssometimes you work long hours, but this is everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementFrench management sometimes treat people with disrepect...

Great friendly Place

Senior Auditor (Former Employee) Lake Success, NY

ProsIndependence,Educative and respect for your talents.

ConsToo big to be recognized

Great camaraderie, with ex co workers.

Records Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAlways worked together.as a unit, a compant should.

ConsStaff needs more respect.as they do most of the work in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWithout staff Company cnt function.

Treated like a slave

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woodbury, NY

ProsGood Saturday breakfast during tax season.

ConsTax season is year round. Understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people.

Great people, varied assignments... but compensation needs to be more competitive.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people I work with are smart, skilled, dedicated team players. I'm given work that I'm good at, and encouraged to take it on and run with it. I enjoy coming to work (most of the time - although busy season is nearly year-round now). Work/life balance is decent.

ConsOur department is UNDERSTAFFED. Compensation is becoming less competitive, and while management is aware of salary / benefit pressure, they refuse to keep pace. Good people will start leaving... Management sometimes seems disorganized, which leads to last-minute deadlines and unnecessary stress. Our office feels like several different firms under one roof, due to mergers over the last 10 years. Finally, more training is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome positive feedback once in a while wouldn't hurt - the only feedback received is when something blows up (which is sometimes due to disorganization at the top). Parting with a few extra bucks at review time, for those who bust their tails, would go a long way. It doesn't have to be much, but show some appreciation! Don't pay "just enough" - you're going to lose some very good people, when a few thousand dollars would have kept them. Finally, while office politics can be found everywhere, the blatant favoritism of certain employees, to the exclusion of other hard working employees, is deflating to morale - be aware of that.

Rarely

ProsDecent salary. Open enviroment great people

ConsTraining of new employees sub par

Worked for WeiserMazars? Contribute to the Community!