Wel Companies

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
2.3

CEO

Great Regional Company to Work For.

Former Employee - Regional/Delivery Driver in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Regional/Delivery Driver in Allentown, PA

I worked at Wel Companies as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Gets you home on-time (regionally) about 90% of the time....

Cons

Some Dispatchers are NOT in-tune with their drivers and are not well educated with the new elogs system and how to maximize the use of the driver...

Stay away far far away

I have been working at Wel Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Besides a pay check every 2 weeks nothing i am not being cynical just being honest everyone hates each other and its the worse leadership i have ever seen after your interview walk out the door...actually run and dont look back

Cons

Everything no managment team no culture no 5 year plan no anything. their freight is pathetic all info is horrible and not accurate no body is held accountable. they havent grown year over year i wouldnt ever go back no matter the pay.

fire yourselves and start over

I worked at Wel Companies

Pros

Great people, casual dress, flexible hours (except when you had to leave early. It didn't matter to them that you came in at 5am, but God forbid you leave before the en of your scheduled workday), and macro managed (no one looking over you shoulder all day).

Cons

if another department needed an analysis performed, they expected you to drop everything and just do what they needed. Even after speaking with my boss and getting advice, the other department heads would complain and chastise you for not prioritizing.
    I never received a pat on the back nor told thank you for your hard work. In my experience as a manager and as an employee, that is the best thing you can do for someone. An intangible reward that motivates you. It may sound like I am being petty, but those small gestures mean a lot.

You should base your salaries on the national averages and then adjust accordingly or you will continue to have employee turnover which leads to more time training new employees.