Welcome Wagon

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014
2.8

Craig Swill

THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!!

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive  in  Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcome Wagon is the most friendly, supportive and generous company I have ever worked for! There is uncapped earning potential, protected territories, full bennies, and bonuses galore! Management is spectacular and they are never short on recognition, either. Most of all they offer unique and targeted business to consumer solutions that really work! I can't say enough about how happy and thankful I am to be a part of their sales team.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great company but does not give base, just draw and it is hard to develop a clientele without substantial start-up incom

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product and marketing program. Great team and in-house sales fulfillment dept.

Cons

There is no base salary, and after working for almost 6-months with limitied sales I find that I am owing the Company money due to taking a draw.

Should offer a base pay rather than draw

Sep 9, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your positive comments on our product and in house support. We appreciate your dedication and hard work! We will continue to review the feedback we recieve in order to improve our ... More

Very disappointed in Welcome Wagon's reputation for poor / no response from new homeowners to business partners ads.

Former Employee - CME  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - CME in New York, NY

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Flexible schedule to work around family life and social obligations. 2. paid commission upon signed, paid sale. 3. High quality products for sales tools and mailed to new homeowners. 4. Fantastic territory manager who offered excellent initial training and follow up training as needed, plus being available by phone 99% of the time. 5. Initial recognition of the name Welcome Wagon in the general market. 6. Proposed compensation and benefits sounded great in theory but business expenses without sales made this a lose/lose proposition. 7. Business start up draw was helpful for as long as it lasted.

Cons

1. My territory had been worked very thoroughly and the word was out, Welcome Wagon does not work.
    2. I discovered new homeowners that had not received the mailings, and a mailman who delivered to 3 hamlets who had never even seen the mailings.. 3. I received complaints that lists were not accurate or up to date. 4. For those businesses who had not heard negatives, and assumed the numbers were correct, the cost vs the number of mailings and the average response expected, was too low for the cost of the program. 5. Many businesses simply refused to see me once I mentioned Welcome Wagon.

Scrub your lists; update Monthly Average Distribution annually and publish the date; Offer a small base salary so Community Marketing Reps have something to cover business expenses while building their business after the draw ends; Remember, when a CME (community marketing rep) is on the phone or out making cold calls for Welcome Wagon, they are advertising for the company. There is value in this for you, the CEO, even if sales are not immediately made! When you make some changes and the market turns around, as it will, then business will prosper from all the verbal advertising.

Sep 9, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the benefits of flexibility, support from management and quality products. Your comments will be shared to help us ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not good~

Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive (Sales)
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive (Sales)

I worked at Welcome Wagon for less than a year

Pros

You create your own schedule Tuesday through Friday.
    Not much more positive to say about it at all...

Cons

Other than a few hours of online training and about 5 hours of interrupted broken up phone conversations with the territory manager THERE IS NO TRAINING. From what I was told from a Senior Manager from Florida there is supposed to be some one on one in the field training, BUT for some reason I did not receive any.
    I was put on a "plan" before my business cards arrived and terminated less than a week after they finally got here~ I should have went to Vista Print!!!
    I was terminated less than 2.5 months from my start date.
    If you do not get out of the gate with a great start then you are looked at as "dead weight" and when you do ask for help from Territory Manager or the #1 company sales associate it falls on deaf ears and ignored.

If you tell someone with no previous B2B sales experience that you will be coming to train and work with them, you should do it.
    In print outline the sales quotas for new CME's.

a lot of work for very little $

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Manager was great to work with

Cons

A lot of work, and expenses up front for very little $

May 8, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will be shared to assist in our growth. We wish you the best in your next adventure.

Attractive marketing materials, good sales support but questionable policies

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive (Sales)
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive (Sales)

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment for moms with at-home kids, independent work environment, excellent support from home office to assist in sales, Regional managers are enthusiastic.

Cons

Corporate policies regarding auto renewal can upset customers and creates issues. Renewal rates not as high as management would like you to believe. Lots of complaints from customers for a variety of reasons, lack of any response, concerns with their mailing lists not having valid addresses, not nearly enough communication between owners and sales reps. Ineffective collection policies leading to reps having their commissions charged back. Heavy turnover with sales reps.

Be less misleading by cleaning up the ambiguity! Too many gray areas with this product. Be more honest so sales reps feel good about the product they sell. Deal with collections more effectively and sooner.

May 8, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the benefits of flexibility and corporate support. Your comments will be shared to help us improve the overall ... More

Good stay job for re-entry to workplace moms, or moms w/ kids in school.

Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive  in  Warrenton, VA
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Warrenton, VA

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a great manager who was based in Pittsburgh, while I worked in Virginia.

Good health benefits, set your own schedule.

Cons

Need a base salary instead of a draw for sole bread winners.

Need a base salary instead of a draw to attain and retain sole bread winners.

What your saving on salaries negates all of your empty territories that would otherwise
    be generating income.

Very unethical company

Former Employee - Advertising  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Advertising in Dayton, OH

I worked at Welcome Wagon as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely NONE. very poor company

Cons

A con game company. Full of lies and deceit. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU

Get honest

Positive, Supportive Work Environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is no company that I know of that provides a more supportive environment to their sales force. The corporate office is always willing to help in any way possible. I have been in the advertising/marketing field for years and this is the only company that pays commission up front even though the client pays on a monthly basis. They offer great medical benefits. There are monthly and weekly contests available to the sales force that are easily attainable. I highly recommend this job to women with children because of the flexibility. You can have an amazing career and not miss a single event with your children. If you love meeting great people in your community and selling this is the job for you!

Cons

If you are not internally motivated and driven this is not the job for you.

Keep up the great work!

A good company

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am a long term employee who has worked under many management teams. It is difficult not to get caught up in the enthusiasm and passion the new owners and corporate team bring to the table. The autonomy we have in managing our territories, combined with the support of the team in Florida is a wonderful mix.

Cons

Selling marketing to small businesses in a unstable economy is a challenge, but doable for someone with the right skill set. Fortunately, it's a better program than it's been in some time and it's very affordable.

Keep up the good work. Help us find a way to further prove our value to our business partners. Great to see a structure in the field that allows for career growth/promotions.

Worked for Welcome Wagon? Contribute to the Community!