Welcome Wagon

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Swill

Great company but does not give base, just draw and it is hard to develop a clientele without substantial start-up incom

Community Marketing Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat product and marketing program. Great team and in-house sales fulfillment dept.

ConsThere is no base salary, and after working for almost 6-months with limitied sales I find that I am owing the Company money due to taking a draw.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould offer a base pay rather than draw

Not good~

Community Marketing Executive (Sales) (Former Employee)

ProsYou create your own schedule Tuesday through Friday.
    Not much more positive to say about it at all...

ConsOther than a few hours of online training and about 5 hours of interrupted broken up phone conversations with the territory manager THERE IS NO TRAINING. From what I was told from a Senior Manager from Florida there is supposed to be some one on one in the field training, BUT for some reason I did not receive any.
    I was put on a "plan" before my business cards arrived and terminated less than a week after they finally got here~ I should have went to Vista Print!!!
    I was terminated less than 2.5 months from my start date.
    If you do not get out of the gate with a great start then you are looked at as "dead weight" and when you do ask for help from Territory Manager or the #1 company sales associate it falls on deaf ears and ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you tell someone with no previous B2B sales experience that you will be coming to train and work with them, you should do it.
    In print outline the sales quotas for new CME's.

a lot of work for very little $

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManager was great to work with

ConsA lot of work, and expenses up front for very little $

Welcome Wagon Response

May 8, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will be shared to assist in our growth. We wish you the best in your next adventure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Attractive marketing materials, good sales support but questionable policies

Community Marketing Executive (Sales) (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work environment for moms with at-home kids, independent work environment, excellent support from home office to assist in sales, Regional managers are enthusiastic.

ConsCorporate policies regarding auto renewal can upset customers and creates issues. Renewal rates not as high as management would like you to believe. Lots of complaints from customers for a variety of reasons, lack of any response, concerns with their mailing lists not having valid addresses, not nearly enough communication between owners and sales reps. Ineffective collection policies leading to reps having their commissions charged back. Heavy turnover with sales reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less misleading by cleaning up the ambiguity! Too many gray areas with this product. Be more honest so sales reps feel good about the product they sell. Deal with collections more effectively and sooner.

Welcome Wagon Response

May 8, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the benefits of flexibility and corporate support. Your comments will be shared to help us improve the overall ... More

Good stay job for re-entry to workplace moms, or moms w/ kids in school.

Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) Warrenton, VA

ProsI had a great manager who was based in Pittsburgh, while I worked in Virginia.

Good health benefits, set your own schedule.

ConsNeed a base salary instead of a draw for sole bread winners.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a base salary instead of a draw to attain and retain sole bread winners.

What your saving on salaries negates all of your empty territories that would otherwise
    be generating income.

Very unethical company

Advertising (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsAbsolutely NONE. very poor company

ConsA con game company. Full of lies and deceit. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU

Advice to Senior ManagementGet honest

Positive, Supportive Work Environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThere is no company that I know of that provides a more supportive environment to their sales force. The corporate office is always willing to help in any way possible. I have been in the advertising/marketing field for years and this is the only company that pays commission up front even though the client pays on a monthly basis. They offer great medical benefits. There are monthly and weekly contests available to the sales force that are easily attainable. I highly recommend this job to women with children because of the flexibility. You can have an amazing career and not miss a single event with your children. If you love meeting great people in your community and selling this is the job for you!

ConsIf you are not internally motivated and driven this is not the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

A good company

ProsI am a long term employee who has worked under many management teams. It is difficult not to get caught up in the enthusiasm and passion the new owners and corporate team bring to the table. The autonomy we have in managing our territories, combined with the support of the team in Florida is a wonderful mix.

ConsSelling marketing to small businesses in a unstable economy is a challenge, but doable for someone with the right skill set. Fortunately, it's a better program than it's been in some time and it's very affordable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Help us find a way to further prove our value to our business partners. Great to see a structure in the field that allows for career growth/promotions.

Great company when I started a few years back. Corporate changes are going to close their doors if they don't watch out.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsYou can work or not, no one knows and they don't care as long as you are writing contracts. Material looks good, concept is good.

ConsNo communication from upper management unless you are not writing contracts then you are told owner is angry, you have to lie to companies to get them buy into Welcome Wagon. Sales people are not encouraged to be truthful about how many books are really sent out. The max ever sent out is 85, if that....most people have never even gotten the package. They remember the good old days when baskets were delivered to the new homeowners. Those days are gone forever and now it is just about padding the pockets of the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some sort of base salary. Hire good district managers that care about your salespeople and can encourage and help motivate and quit raising your prices so the salespeople have to take less and owners make more.

Amazing Company to Work For

ProsI have been lucky enough to be employed by such a great company for over 5 years and have recently been promoted into management. As an outside sales rep for any company, commission based compensation should not be an issue. If you believe in the product that you are selling, you will be successful. Lastly, I have never worked with such a supportive corporate office.

ConsI am completely satisfied with my position within the company along with the company itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. All of your support is greatly appreciated.

Worked for Welcome Wagon? Contribute to the Community!