Welcome Wagon Reviews

Craig Swill

Community Marketing Executive

Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible work schedule, supportive colleagues and super involved support staff. From training to on the job, the entire company is a team that works toward a common goal. Weekly conference calls with your team gear up the work week, which is generally teleprospecting on Monday's, followed by appointments Tuesday through Friday. You control your schedule. I found the entire experience as someone new to sales very solid. There are always promotions going on, both internal and for the customer, to keep things fun and motivating.

Cons

You should be aware that you need to be very self motivated, as most of the work is done on your own. (Support is only a phone call away.) Working 100% commission can be tough, but as a secondary income it is perfect.

2. Good Training and Support from Home Office

I worked at Welcome Wagon part-time

Pros

Good training and mentoring from area trainer and regional manager. Flexibility was great too. The home office was extremely supportive and willing to help in any way possible with great follow up.

Cons

Communication on the future of the company was always vague. Customer happiness with the turn around with the program was always a frustration for all.

Advice to Management

Work on shorting the time of the contract as well giving more benefits. Also charge backs and lack of communication with those need to be worked on.

3. Community Marketing Rep.

Former Employee - Community Marketing Representative
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Representative

I worked at Welcome Wagon (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have your own start up cash and you can handle mass rejection, this is the job for you. Support from office staff is great.

Cons

No base salary. Territories are overworked and have little return, as all prior commissions go to the Area Manager. Employee status means you are required to spend Mondays, 8 hrs. a day, on the phone making apts. with group conference calls about every two hours. If sales are down the management will berate you via. conference with your group. Feedback from potential clients is the product is too expensive for the return.

Advice to Management

Pay a base salary for new Reps.

5. Community Marketing Rep

Current Employee - Community Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Representative

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom and flexibility is awesome. No punching a clock. As long as you produce you are not hassled by management. My training has been very good via my direct manager.

Cons

After almost being with the company for a year I am sadly seeing this type of marketing does not work that well. The beauty of this job is clients that renew, yet very few do.

Advice to Management

Give potential clients a list of people they can call who have signed with WW. Testimonials are worthless without a live. Person to follow thru with. Stop changing rules when you feel like it. This program is not truly exclusive on many levels. Also, some of the people at corporate are completely condescending and rude. They have major attitude. Others, at corporate however, are fantastic. I have heard that Steve Goodman, the owner of the company is also an arrogant man as well.

May 12, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. All of your comments will be shared with the different departments to improve the company overall. Please be aware that we do have an annual advertising renewal rate of ... More

6. Don

Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Welcome Wagon

Pros

Lots of flexibility. Set your own schedule

Cons

Products were impossible to sell. Over priced for what consumer got.

7. Great, ethical company

Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Welcome Wagon

Pros

After reading not so favorable reviews, I had to put in my opinion. I am a former employee, having left one year ago for a dream job. WW is a great company with ethical business practices. I recently had a former client call me with a problem. I emailed the President directly, and within an hour he had fixed the situation. How many companies would do that? I would recommend this WW to any business who wants to target new homeowners.

Cons

A lot of work, for not a lot of money. But this could just be my situation.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the excellent customer service. However, maybe place somebody more diplomatic in the payment department. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Mar 6, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your positive review on our business practices, customer service and company leadership. All of your comments will be shared to help us improve both the employee and client experience ... More

8. only good for networking into better job

Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Welcome Wagon

Pros

flexibility, opportunity to meet business owners - that may offer you employment

Cons

The compensation is horrible - the only one making money is the welcome wagon It doenst matter how big your territory is or how many sales - you cant live on the salary. The books do not look anything like the sample that you show the business owners. If you are an honest person - you will have a hard time working for this company.

Advice to Management

Ship the same quality as the samples. End the automatic renewal - it's criminal.

Mar 6, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please be aware that the automatic renewal policy is an ethical, widely used business practice. It is clearly stated on the contract . Our compensation is a draw vs ... More

9. Overall Good Company

Former Employee - Sales in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Lansing, MI

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and nice co-workers.

Cons

Management does not have enough experience to be leading their teams. Also it's 100% commission which can be tough on the wallet.

Advice to Management

Train better

Oct 27, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always eager to address any issues. Please be aware that our Regional Manager in Michigan has been with Welcome Wagon for over 10 years and leads one of the ... More

10. THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!!

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcome Wagon is the most friendly, supportive and generous company I have ever worked for! There is uncapped earning potential, protected territories, full bennies, and bonuses galore! Management is spectacular and they are never short on recognition, either. Most of all they offer unique and targeted business to consumer solutions that really work! I can't say enough about how happy and thankful I am to be a part of their sales team.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great company but does not give base, just draw and it is hard to develop a clientele without substantial start-up incom

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product and marketing program. Great team and in-house sales fulfillment dept.

Cons

There is no base salary, and after working for almost 6-months with limitied sales I find that I am owing the Company money due to taking a draw.

Advice to Management

Should offer a base pay rather than draw

Sep 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your positive comments on our product and in house support. We appreciate your dedication and hard work! We will continue to review the feedback we recieve in order to improve our ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed