WellCare

www.wellcare.com

WellCare Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
WellCare – Tampa – “Campus of WellCare Health Plans, Inc.”

Dave Gallitano

Pros
  • Great paying job with opportunities to work from home(in 7 reviews)

• Steady hours and good benefits package(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The work hours are extreme and the work life balance is not even a consideration(in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, the culture is to get things done without concern for quality(in 6 reviews)

Good and Bad

ProsGrowing company with potential opportunity for growth, depending on your location can work with some really great people.

ConsDisconnect between corporate leadership and local health plan management. Compensation is not equitable. Company reported banner year and then shortchanged employees on raises. Unacceptable.

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your employees. Don't claim a banner year and then offer 1% raises. That is unacceptable. Make your employees your first priority, as they are the one's who deliver the product. If you short change your employees, you will have high turnover, unhappy employees and that will impact your product.

Wellcare

ProsGreat team to work with

ConsDifficult to have work/life balance.

All levels of Staff are rediculously overpaid for the work that is done.

Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat paying job with opportunities to work from home.

ConsDifficult to move up, poor management training, Senior leaders live in a glass house and provide great lip service. This company continually will reduce workforce to meet end of year budgets also allowing them to eliminate positions of people that don't fit into a yes sir mold.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"When the Fed's come marching in....."

Project Manager - IT (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a paycheck, that is about it.

ConsUnorganized Executive Management. Stress full working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers getting kick back from vendors.

Disfunctional....unorganized....will always be a mom and pops shop on dale mabry....

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey will let you come and go as you please....if no one is watching you like the other back stabbing depts. sad that u sneak around to leave early

ConsLet's see no life no sleep no weekends never use PTO and they want more more more til you drop dead. Oh wait some have drop dead and they laugh...

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors and start fresh.... And truly represent a Fortune 500 company and set standards everyone sleeping with everyone to get to the top...

Great

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat Location
    Great package
    Great Incentives
    Really love to work at this place.
    I would definitely recommend others to take up opportunities here

ConsThere are no cons about this company. But may be transfers to another office or location with in the company would be great option for people who move from different states

Director

ProsStrong leadership, pay for performance, resources. At WellCare your efforts are noticed when you deliver good results. You will be managed out for poor results. Good data and analytics.

ConsTampa can ignore the markets more times than the markets see as reasonable. It could take weeks to get the simplest answers from home office.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the customer service issues. Those have existed for years and they contribute to STAR ratings. Be more responsive to the markets. You are there to help them.

Sales Assistant

ProsGreat place for professional development. I was a novice of the healthcare industry but have learned a lot and have grown personally since working with WellCare. I have been with the company for 18months.

ConsCommunication can be off at time, "too many chiefs not enough indians." We aren't percieved as industry competitors.

A caring and competent nurse case manager's nightmare.

RN Case Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsWorking for WellCare provides workers with experiences of poor management.

ConsRisk of a federal raid.
    Lack of supervisors' and managers' knowledge.
    Lack of supervisors' and managers' compassion for competent staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul of supervisory and manager staff.

Good place to advance your career

Manager, Claims (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsType of organization where you can go as far as you want within the company as long as you are a motivated individual. Benefits are great, employees are awesome.

ConsHR department - waste of time. IT department, too many system issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your associates informed at all times!

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!