WellCare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Ken Burdick

Pros
  • Can work from home in most positions (in 7 reviews)

• Steady hours and good benefits package (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is not a valued concept (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, the culture is to get things done without concern for quality (in 6 reviews)

1. Overall rating

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Flexibility and good pay. The hours of Operations allow you to perform according to your best time of effectiveness

Cons

Can be demanding at times, need more work life balance

2. Sr Business Technical Analyst

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Gym on campus, Flexible work hours, Competitive salary + bonus, nice campus, latest technology

Cons

limited growth opportunities, bureaucratic in some departments, growing company operating as a small shop

3. Rn

I worked at WellCare

Pros

Work from home, provide internet

Cons

No room for professional growth, changing all the time, pay

Advice to Management

Increase pay and constancy

5. Okay Place to Work

Former Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at WellCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The higher ups have the right vision. There have been many improvements in the past yrs.
    The pay is good.
    Benefits are good.
    The website is great resource for members and physician staff.

Cons

Management is allowed to manage at their own discretion. They can run the department as they please, even if their discriminating against certain employees. Their expectations are outrageous compared to what other teams with the same job title. HR most likely sides w. the mgrs. despite the high turnover.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who have experience in managing, and have the skills necessary to manage a diverse team and the ability to prioritize effectively. Also, someone that believes in work/life balance.

System and Reporting Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is going through measured growth. This means there are many chances to advance within the company. The campus is a very nice place to work.

Cons

Some areas in the company are poorly managed and work people to death due to large workloads. This results in high turnover and loss of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Offer more development to employees. Provide the budget to areas that are overworked like Enrollment. Spend a little more to retain good people. The costs of constantly retraining and of lost knowledge are too great.

7. work

Current Employee - PR Operations Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - PR Operations Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

It is an Excellent place to work.

Cons

Work load is crazy hard.

8. Could be better

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Salaries (unless you're hourly), on-site cafeteria, parking garage so you don't get wet when it rains, and really I have nothing else to add here.

Cons

Poor leadership, extremely unsupportive management and coworkers, the health insurance completely sucks, they keep adding work to my docket yet they don't allow me to work overtime, my boss is a complete jerk, I had zero training when I started so I've had to learn everything on my own, no one ever helped despite asking questions, and everyone seems to get away with ordering me around. I've had several issues with a few business partners who have made my life a living hell and despite expressing my concerns to management they've done absolutely nothing about it. I've never experienced such a strong lack of support and teamwork as this place. Plus I've tried moving to another team but I don't even get called for an interview so it makes me wonder if my boss is blocking me since they have a messed up policy where your boss is notified once you apply to somewhere else. Also someone keyed my car in the garage. I've been called the B word by a stranger to my face too. It's incredible how rude people there are. In all, this is a horrible place to work. I'm sure you'll have a better experience than me cause maybe it's just the team I'm on that sucks. Good luck with WellCare.

Advice to Management

Get your crap together and stop constantly reorganizing cause guess what you're not making things better, and perhaps actually listen and take your employees' concerns seriously. Make sure you hire managers who will actually support their team members. Beef up your training programs too for those like myself who've been forced to learn all on their own.

9. Happy overall, with caveats.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive. The short-term incentive program is fair for those that work hard to earn it. The company is stable and provides a sense of security. Typically fast moving with technology--it's nice to keep up with the latest and greatest. I am not over worked, and I am not over stressed.

Cons

Benefits have become more and more scarce over the years. Healthcare and other package items have been picked clean for every place they can cut back. I.T. reorganization after reorganization has make it very difficult to get a clear understanding of direction, and frequently work has to be redone just to bring the newest "regime" up to speed. A recent lack of consideration for employees career paths and overall goals has been felt.

Advice to Management

Pick a management structure and put the right managers in place. Pick a vision, and run with it. See it through to the end. Changing up half way through is far more disruptive than anything else.

10. Great place to work!

I worked at WellCare

Pros

Hiring Process was great. Great place to work

Cons

restructuring was a concern but now it has settled

Meh, too

Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at WellCare (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had two great female managers in a row - very unusual. They were fair and good about bonuses when they saw you were working above and beyond. Then I got a promotion to another department and was told that what I was making would affect the new salary; I did and I was out about $5,000

Cons

I had a GREAT manager. Then one day was overlooked for was overlooked for a promotion Then one day Manager A (more serious, someone who had a MHA,and was very fair and nice) had been passed over for a promotion by Manager B (someone who barely had a GED).. When she passed over for the promotion, she quit and rightly so. Then they brought in a new manager who was a nightmare and made me the target of everything he hated about the company. His first week on the job, had a one-on-one discussion with everyone and I wasn't allowed to speak back to him. Complete and utter JERK.

Advice to Management

Hire or promote from within. Give the people better educational opportunities.

RSS Feed </> Embed