WellCare

www.wellcare.com

WellCare Reviews in Tampa, FL

Updated Jul 26, 2014
WellCare – Tampa – “Campus of WellCare Health Plans, Inc.”

WellCare – Tampa – “Campus of WellCare Health Plans, Inc.”

Dave Gallitano

Pros
  • Great paying job with opportunities to work from home (in 7 reviews)

• Steady hours and good benefits package (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The work hours are extreme and the work life balance is not even a consideration (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, the culture is to get things done without concern for quality (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is a great company to work for!

Case Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe benefits are very good, The paid time off policy is top notch, they offer a lot of advancement opportunities. The staff is friendly and the management team is very flexible.

ConsThe HR department is very slow and at times ineffective. The senior management team approves lay offs and then does mass hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease improve your HR dept.

Investor Lawsuit Investigation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat location. Great salary. Non-management peers are awesome.

Cons"July 25, 2014 WELLCARE SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Shareholder Rights Law Firm Johnson & Weaver, LLP Announces Investigation of WellCare Health Plans, Inc." This is a poorly run company. But can a company be sued for incompetent management? High salaried no-nothings, friends hiring friends? It had to catch up at some point. But stupidity and poor management conducted under ignorance is not negligence.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you lower your net income per share by half after the second quarter there really is nothing to say.

Stay clear

Technology (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsLocation is nice, little cramped In I.T

ConsNew CIO is determined to destroy I.T.
    Bad Toxic Environment at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Job

Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsLots of projects and growth

Consthere was downsizing due to restructuring.

My Experience as a NCM at WellCare was handled by a caring Supervisor

DSNP Case Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThere is a great gym to work out your frustrations and a lovely nature trail to walk thru to get there.

ConsNot knowing which jobs were open within the company as the HR department is overworked because company is growing extremely fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training and more familiarity with your customers

No Integrity

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe day you leave Wellcare.

ConsNo growth from within. People leave and come back to get paid what they're worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting your friends. Promote based on education and job skills.

The MarCom Department rocked!

Copywriter/Editor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI worked there as a temp during their busy seasonal rush to publish customer information for the annual open enrollment period. My job title was copywriter/editor. It was the best job ever. And I've had a lot of jobs. The department leadership were professional, supportive, and creative. They welcomed my hard work and innovative thinking. First time ever that a corporation took me seriously and recognized my value. In all, I loved working there.

ConsIt was a temp position, and I was hired through a temp agency, so there was disparity on pay. Temps who were hired through another agency made several dollars an hour more than I did, even though I had more experience and a stronger work ethic. I will say though, that they had permanent positions opening up all the time, and I was encouraged to apply. I did apply for the permanent version of my job, but the competition was strong. They hired someone who had a longer relationship with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. One thing I would change if I were you is to locate your temps closer to the people they are supposed to be supporting. Being isolated made it harder to keep on the same page with project managers.

Run from this company

Case Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsPaychecks are regular and PTO is ample. Not much to say about pros. Can work from home in most positions. Good medical benefits, but you pay fopr them at a high premium.

ConsEverything...worst supervisors ever, all cliques and games, nothing is ever positive, just look for negatives. Rules regarding exempt employees should be the same for asll exempt employees, not at the discretion of the supervisors whether or not time taken for a Dr appointment should be made up or not. Not addressed in the Handbook, left to each department to decide who what how why and when.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do the job you are supervising and try to encourage your employees, recognize excellent work and reward it. Don't choose who to promote based on personal likes or avoid because of jealousy. Try to smile now and then. Worst is targetting certain employees because they do their job very well and pose a threat. Supervisors should not have less education then their staff.

going great

Systems and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosgreat chance for growth within company

Constraining and some smelly people

Great

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat Location
    Great package
    Great Incentives
    Really love to work at this place.
    I would definitely recommend others to take up opportunities here

ConsThere are no cons about this company. But may be transfers to another office or location with in the company would be great option for people who move from different states

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!