WellDyne

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Damien Lamendola

A crappy to meh place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Great PTO (start with 3 weeks vacay plus 8 sick days/year plus 4 floating holidays given out quarterly)
    -Most managers are pretty laid back
    -Get to use headphones
    -Casually enforced dress code
    -Most coworkers are chill

Cons-"Trainers" don't train
    -No real feedback or development
    -Benes are really expensive and not that great
    -Management seems bipolar at times

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so hypocritical: If you want to tell us 4 times a year that the company is doing great and that we're bringing on new business and we're growing and expanding like never before, that's fine. But eventually you have to back it up with money. 2% raises once a year don't do anything for anyone.

The Not Ready for Prime Time Players

Lakeland, FL

ProsNot many. They do have a decent 401k with a company match. The FL facility is conveniently located right off the interstate.

ConsRun, don’t walk away from this company. Other than a decent 401k they have nothing to offer. Salaries and hourly rates are below average. Benefits are expensive and poor quality. There is a huge discrepancy between the benefits packages and paid time off offered at the two locations, with much favoritism shown to the CO facility. Upper management refuses to even acknowledge this discrepancy and has a “take it or leave it” mentality. Raises (at least in the FL location) are extremely small – generally 1% or less, even with excellent performance reviews.

In fact, in the semi-quarterly town hall meetings, the CEO frequently states “If you don’t like it here, leave. If you know someone who doesn’t like it here, tell us, and we will encourage them to leave”.

Upper management is a closed circle with a cult-like mentality. Mid level managers brought in from the outside are often baffled at their inability to penetrate that circle, usually to the detriment of the operations. This frustration at the manager level is directed at their staff who are constantly threatened with termination and “mandatory overtime and holiday hours” in order to get the work done. This applies to exempt employees (who are not even eligible for overtime and basically work without pay) as well as hourly employees. Employee turnover in pharmacy operations and member services is extremely high and morale is extremely low.

WellDyne postures itself as a leader in technology, automation and innovation. In fact their automation and robotics are hopelessly error prone, outdated, patched together and beyond repair. The robotic systems are broken as often as they are operational.

Others on this site have mentioned that the facility itself is quite nice. That is true only up to a point. While the public areas are certainly presentable, there are insufficient restrooms for the number of employees, resulting in nasty, germ filled conditions in these areas. In addition, the loftily named “Café” (actually just a break room with vending machines and broken microwaves) is filthy to the point of being revolting. The pharmacy itself is insect infested, dusty, dirty, and unorganized with medications and supplies piled everywhere with little to no organization.

The Human Resources department has an unbelievably high turnover rate (even in comparison to other departments). If there is an employee question, no one knows who to go to. The person you spoke with last week will mostly likely be gone and there will be no record of your inquiry. Partly as a result of this, there are constant employee issues with benefits and tracking of paid time off accruals. In addition, while the company has a dress code (quite liberal actually) it is never enforced. The result is a schizophrenic environment, appearance wise. About half of the employees dress appropriately for an office environment; the other half look like they came to work directly from an after hours club or gym. If the HR department is not even capable of managing something as simple as a dress code it doesn’t take much imagination to figure out how the more complex issues are handled.

Advice to Senior ManagementWellDyneRx is a company with the potential for tremendous growth, but upper management should be open to input from their employees, some of whom bring experience and creative ideas to the table. The old way is not always the best way, especially for a company who wants to be innovative. Employee costs are one of the biggest expenses in any company's budget. Appreciate and reward the good employees you have in ALL departments, not just client services. Member Services and Pharmacy Operations could use a pat on the back too.

A culture of incompetence

Centennial, CO

ProsCompany could have potential and can pay well. If you are in the right clique, you can get away with anything.

ConsExecs don't know what's going on. Most of them are friends of the owner. They should hire people qualified for these jobs so that we have some real leadership and the company can be successful. The managers and directors don't know how to talk to or treat people. HR was getting better or at least trying. Now they're useless again.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. When you hire, help people succeed instead of writing them off and flipping them faster than flapjacks. Stop trying to skirt the rules. Compliance is important and the company will get caught eventually.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Had to leave

Pharmacy (Former Employee)
    Centennial, CO

ProsWelldyne use to be a decent place to work, but it has changed. Management is aloof and they have problems. Don't treat their people very well and their customers appear to be just a dollar sign. Not sure sure why they changed, maybe the money.

ConsTheir systems are awful. They act like they are high tech, do not believe. Nothing works very well. I left because I was worried about company being shut down. Lost orders and such. Making people work to hard, high potential for mistakes. Trying to grow too fast. Uppity Managment from Florida.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down, listen to your people. Change your attitude, because your arrogance is going to put you out of business. You can't make the kind of mistakes your making in a pharmacy.

Never again would I work here. Never.

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsNone. Zip. Zero. Obsolete. Negative. Nay. No. Nothing good whatsoever about this company.
    Wait. I lied. The break room is really nice. And the ice machines have the best crunchy ice.
    The facility itself is quite nice.

ConsPoorly educated managers.
    Useless HR department.
    Highly stressful.
    Inadequate training.
    Very clique-ish.
    Low pay.
    Zero recognitions.
    Demeaning/Belittling approaches.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all of your Member Services management and start over. Provide adequate training for your staff. Don't withhold client information from your staff.
    Treat your employees like people and not a monetary figure. Give raises. Do all that you can to keep your good people.

Deceptive, secretive

Information Tech (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsNot many, just a toxic political atmosphere, with an upper management that does not really care.

ConsDeceptive pricing to their clients. Management is secretive and don't do what they promise. Have a very arrogant attitude. Incompetent IT group.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't listen to advice. It is a very secretive place. Act like they are helping people don't believe it. The help them self.

Worst experience of my 10+ pharmacy years

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsNothing--- this place could careless about you.

Cons- schedule switches constantly
    - overtime is mandatory or your threatened to lose your job
    - all management is unprofessional and lacks knowledge in the pharmacy field
    - management is anal
    - this company could careless about their employees all they care about is working you like youre a slave
    - doesn't pay well
    -benefits not that great

By Far, The Worst Experience of My Working Career!

(Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsThe company has a great business model, a 'high-tech' atmosphere, and is a generally comfortable environment to work in. So if 'short-term' aesthetics work for you, this is the right place... until you're canned, that is.

ConsWhere does one start?! First off, the culture is incredibly closed, in fact, you will know almost immediately just how many among the management dislike you and there's several of them that will let you know even quicker, simply by pretending you don't exist.

You are essentially a walking target, and the only hope of you lasting more than a handful of months, is based largely upon how many of the smug, haughty managers care for you being among them.

The upper leadership is this "secretive" group of decision makers, who share practically nothing except how "profitable" the company is. Human Resources? Forget it! They simply do not exist for anything more than shuttling people in & out of the door. It's an "every man for himself" environment, with practically zero feedback on how you're actually performing...and if you're non-white? you may as well keep an empty box handy. So you're essentially in the dark, day to day, hoping that your name doesn't come up in some 'negative' way among the WellDyne Elite.

So if you're brave (or desperate) enough to take a position with this company, do yourself a favor and have an exit plan handy. You've been warned!

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the turnover in this organization by requiring management to provide active or at least periodic feedback, rather than allowing them to smile and wave at you until they kick you out of the door!

HellDyne at WellDyne

Pharmacy (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

Pros-Decent paycheck. -Decent benefits. -Experience added on resume.

Cons-Promotes racism. -HR is inexperienced and no help. -Ops management will lie to you to get you to do what they want. -Inexperienced and uneducated management in the ops team. -Want to be harassed daily, then work for the ops team. -Ops management wants drinking partner. -Open promises = lies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation, spell check, HR should listen to employees, Management needs a management class, Stop hiring friends of friends and hire educated and experienced workers, work on the FL/CO communication.

My experience at Welldyne was ok. Overall I was not really happy there.

Tech (Former Employee)

ProsThey have lots of Overtime

ConsInconsiderate about your health, favoritism, everyone wants to be the boss, some folks don't know how to talk to you as an individual, LACK OF COMMUNICATION, unorganized at times

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better management that's fair and communicates more with the employees

Worked for WellDyne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellDyne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellDyne CEO Damien Lamendola. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by WellDyne employees.