WellPet

www.wellpet.com

WellPet Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014
WellPet – Tewksbury – “Take Your Dog to Work Day”

WellPet CEO Tim Callahan

Tim Callahan

Overall good working environment and culture, great people making fantastic pet products.

Supply Chain (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsGreat people, good corporate culture, excellent benefits particularly for the size of company. Privately held with secure financial support.

ConsNo chance for profit sharing or IPO due to nature of ownership. A few key executives have ego issues. Poor record of promoting and/or retaining women in leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving the good - and be critical in self-assessment - no one is perfect - everyone can improve.

Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company, automated, friendly workforce

ConsLong hours, growing company, short sighted

Advice to Senior Managementremember your people

Outsourcing everything in production facility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mishawaka, IN

ProsThe insurance is awesome and the people in the plant are great. The product is top of the line healthy food for cats and dogs.

ConsCorporate office is on East coast while plant is in Midwest so they have no idea what is going on or what is needed. They outsourced the HR department in the plant and since then, everyone in an office position has either quit or been let go. They spent a lot of time and money trying to improve the culture of the plant and then brought in an outside company to handle HR and now the culture is worse than it was before.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit outsourcing jobs and listen to the few good employees you have left in the plant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with great brands

(Current Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsWellPet is a company with great brands and high-quality products; these are brands you can believe in; working to create premium, safe natural food and treats for pets is challenging, extremely satisfying and rewarding; supportive and friendly colleagues and immediate management; great place to work if you love pets; excellent employee benefits; profitable and growing

ConsAdvancement path is not always clear; at times, insufficient resourcing to meet project demands

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide adequate resources for projects to reduce the continuous need for long days in order to meet schedule demands; give employees a chance to learn, grow and build their careers; continue to give back to the employees in any way possible where both parties can be successful

Great Company, Great Benefits!

ProsWellPet is a company comprised of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for pet nutrition. The company is growing and people are promoted from within. The benefits package is top notch and affordable.

ConsThere is always so much going on and people are very busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking care of the employees and communicate with us.

Not a world class company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mishawaka, IN

ProsGood Benefits-pay, insurance, 401K, bonus

ConsSenior Leadership needs to let mid level managers do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people and process

Lack of Leadership, lack of focus on the importance of good people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsGood product, albeit over priced.

ConsLeadership in home office is sadly lacking. Very high turnover in some departments. If you are interviewing ask about that.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spinning the message to employees. Tell them the truth about your decisions. We know when you are lying and loose respect, and assume you are lying about more than we know.

Ha!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPlenty of freedom to work in the field

ConsMid-management isn't that bright and has no ability to lead

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some real managers

If you are expecting a family run company, don't kid yourself. It is all about the money, don't look for respect.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tewksbury, MA

ProsThe work was satisfying, the benefits and salary were good. The company has excellent products and a focus on keeping it that way.

ConsThe company was taken over by an investor and it is a very different company than the familiy run company it began as. There is little to no back and forth between workers and management like there was before and management is out of touch with its workers. If you are looking for respect, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees, discuss more with employees. Consider without dismissing, and respect others.

Very professional, care about their people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, very professionally run organization. Very educated management team.

ConsToo many Vice Presidents in the home office

Worked for WellPet? Contribute to the Community!