WellStar Kennestone Hospital

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Reynold J. Jennings

WellStar has really good benefits!

I worked at WellStar Kennestone Hospital full-time

ProsWellStar really takes the time to make sure that their employees are comfortable with the benefits packages they offer. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that employees have comp, sick and vacation days. I really appreciate the attention that they give to accommodate their employees lives as life can have challenge and WellStar is very a wear of. Good company to work for.. Hands Down!!!!

ConsAs above Pro's is just for WellStar! BUT!!! As for The hospital I worked for in the department on my shift. It was very Hostile, filled with lots of gossip, betrayal & mistrust!

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to encourage WellStar to randomly investigate Shift managers and employees that has been employed two years on up . This does not apply to every employee but through my experience during the duration of my time with WellStar, I've endured tremendous amount of stress and struggles with certain co-workers that has no consequences to their actions. There is a great amount of turn over rate because of these certain people. It's a concern that should be approached internally from outside professionals unrelated to the workplace environment.

High expectations with minimal resources

Staff RN (Current Employee)
Marietta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Kennestone Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Proscoporate perks, rotate holiday, ample opportunities to pick up shifts

ConsSelf scheduling is false, staffing is not based on acuity, minimal management involvement/awareness

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with staff by actively listening and being available

Real learning opportunity

I have been working at WellStar Kennestone Hospital for more than a year

ProsThe atmosphere among the staff is friendly, helpful and team driven.

ConsAn intern program for people entering medical fields would be helpful.

Save your time and go elsewhere

I worked at WellStar Kennestone Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was close to home...the other nurses were always really helpful but that's pretty much it

ConsManagement sucks, med/surg is the worst. I know some other floors like ICU or cardiac had better management and nurses like it a little bit more. The scheduling is awful and you always work more weekends than they say you'e going to. They aren't flexible, they overload you and except 100% and give you nothing in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage correctly and respect and value your employees don't just blow smoke

Very disappointed

Staff RN (Former Employee)

I worked at WellStar Kennestone Hospital part-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat location and amenities such as uniform sales and ability to use badge to make purchases. My department was beautiful and very up to date.

ConsPoor pay. Clicky, territorial, backstabbing coworkers. No concern for loyal employees. Impossible to transfer within the hospital or system.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother? It would only fall on deaf ears!

An OK place to work.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Marietta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Kennestone Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBusy hospital just outside of Atlanta for an easy commute

ConsStaffing is always an issue. Short staffing is causing a lot of employee burn out and nurses are going else where.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on retention more and recruitment less.

Appalling.

I worked at WellStar Kennestone Hospital full-time for less than a year

ProsI wasn't there long enough to see any pros.

ConsSee the "pro" on Jan. 6th. I'm pretty sure that person was my "trainer." Horrible, overpriced benefits. Accrue PTO from day one but can't use it for six months. Tech position pays less than housekeeping at other area hospitals.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture starts at the top and trickles down. Hold clinical management accountable for doing their jobs. HR talks a nice game, but it's disgruntled business as usual once you're actually working.

Do Not Work For Wellstar

Marietta, GA

ProsIf you are a drug addict, lazy, real crazy, or pretend crazy, you will never get fired no matter how bad you behave.

Cons1) No opportunity for advancement unless you know someone, and then in that case they will create a position for that person. All the while stating they have no money in the budget for supplies, extra much needed staff, a raise, continued learning, or a holiday luncheon.
2) Impossible to fire staff. Allows lazy workers to not work but expects the good workers to pick up the slack.
3) Management team falsifies reports to the executive team; unsure how far up the chain the lies are perpetrated.
4) Makes the new hires take a personality test, which actually filled my office with a bunch of people that are very similar; they're all crazy.
5) The management team has created an atmosphere of fear and confusion.
6) Health benefits are not good; that includes the insurance before the implementation of the ACA law and after.
7) The culture is horrible. Many employees are rude. There is a lot of backstabbing and in-fighting.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have anything to say because they wont listen anyway. They will pretend they are listening and feign concern, then try to go after the person voicing their concerns. I was once told "don't rock the boat and we will all be good!"

I loved my experience!

Care Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at WellStar Kennestone Hospital as an intern for more than a year

ProsYou will work alongside great people who care about your career goals.

ConsI do not have any cons

Wellstar is Great!!

CPhT (Current Employee)
Marietta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Kennestone Hospital part-time for less than a year

ProsYou learn a lot working at Wellstar and the pharmacy staff is a wonderful crew to work with.

ConsI can't see any issues with Wellstar

Worked for WellStar Kennestone Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellStar Kennestone Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellStar Kennestone Hospital CEO Reynold J. Jennings. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by WellStar Kennestone Hospital employees.