Wellbridge

Add Photos

Ed Williams

So-So

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFree gym membership, fun staff

ConsWork life balance, long hours, high expectations

The work did not fit the title.

Management (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the most professional people I have ever had the pleasure of working with; lots of access to upper management with not too many layers; and a wonderful working environment made it a pleasure to come to work each day. Most people loved their jobs.

ConsToo much arm chair quarterbacking from afar; at first you are told it's not about the numbers, it's about the people and the culture -- it's all about the numbers! Too many conference calls talking about the same "stuff" over and over. No true support. Over used cliches and "motivational" quotes miss the mark. Positions left unfilled or eliminated altogether puts additional stress on already over worked department managers. Unrealistic sales goals that are never periodically reviewed or revised (upward or downward.)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe mentality that "if it works here then it should work there" is unrealistic in today's marketplace. Too little training or pertinent sharing of ideas or processes that actually work. Very little marketing support that actually works. Let each club run itself with what works best at that particular location. Pay scale is not appropriate to responsibilities and shouldn't be written off by "at least you have a nice place to work and you do what you love to do..."

Corporate Values don't reflect high customer experience

ProsFun group of people
    great facility benefits

Conspoor compensation
    budget constraints
    felt under valued

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to employees as assets. Money is a means, not an end.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cool place to work, not lot of hours though, good for college kids.

Front Desk (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosthe people you get to meet

Conswhat you have to deal with for little pay

I worked as a Summer Camp Counselor the Bel Air, MD location for two summers.

Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) Bel Air, MD

ProsMy superiors were great to work with and the job is great for students as the camp only operates in the summer months. Also, the hours are consistent and full-time.

ConsDue to the weather conditions in the summer months, the job can be difficult to manage as a large portion of the day is spent outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of my peers were unprofessional so I would suggest closer monitoring of the counselors.

a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people to work with. customer service oriented. Always looking to please the guests!

Consearly mornings were always a killer. hard to get overprivleged guests to adhere to policies

Advice to Senior ManagementTim Forrest was the best! Bring that guy back :)

Worked as the General Manager for one year

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were fantastic. Everybody. The members were generally very pleasant and friendly. The staff were all consummate professionals, which is generally unheard of in the fitness industry. It was a joy to come to work. (unless corporate was in town)

ConsWellbridge is clustered in Colorado and New Mexico. All other locations operate in individual cities. Marketing strategies and dollars were spent and made sense for the clusters and made no sense for us. When I asked to do unique marketing that hadn't been done before I was always told no. My club operated on an island that corporate just didn't comprehend.

Spreadsheets. They have spreadsheets for spreadsheets sake. The sheer hours spent on spreadsheets is unconscionable. Meetings about the spreadsheets. Meetings to review the same information over and over. All time spent away from servicing customers.

Pay Structure. It was posed as a position with 20K in bonus potential. I hit in most departments well over 90% of the time and earned 6K. The bonus numbers they sell you and the ones that are attainable don't add up to real $

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the way and let people do their jobs.

Part Timer

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsHours were flexible, and I could set my schedule enough to balance work & life

Management was approachable and professional

Working harder increased commission and pay

ConsPressure to sell is high, but no more so than any other personal training/sales job

VP of Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat team in the club

ConsPoor upper management, wage freeze for 5 years, low pay for work

Advice to Senior ManagementYour team is the most important, take care of them

Lack of Career Advancement

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in the fitness industry is always a perk - the company values health and wellness. You get to meet awesome members and clients on a daily basis. It is a decent place to start a sales career, if you have zero experience.

ConsThe compensation is extremely low and the opportunities for advancement are limited. The attrition rate was high, so as a sales staff we saw increased pressure to meet goals even though our resources were limited. We were often overtasked and overworked. If you are a good sales rep, you can make much more money at a different company.

Often, management would ask us to work long hours or stay at work until 8 pm at night just to have the illusion of facetime. We were micromanaged and there was very litle autonomy. I never really felt like the compnay cared about my development or my work life balance.

Worked for Wellbridge? Contribute to the Community!