Wellogic

Wellogic Reviews

Updated December 7, 2014
Updated December 7, 2014

Sumit K. Nagpal

A Great Environment for those Willing to Work Hard to make it Far!

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Wellogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great, collaborative environment with a team that will shortly become family
    - An opportunity to grow in your experiences and your career. The company really notices and rewards hard work, but they also expect it. If you are someone that likes to show up at 9am, leave at 5pm and turn off the switch other than that - this is not the place for you! It's for people who want to make a difference in their career, the company, and the healthcare of the country and are willing to work hard to accomplish that.
    - Free lunch and snacks
    - Amazing benefits package and compensation (They expect the best, so they compensate for the best)
    - Challenging, hard working, atmosphere
    - Knowing that you are creating a solution for the disconnection that we all encounter in today's national healthcare system.

Cons

Same as my pros:
    - If you are looking for a 9-5 boring job that allows you to "turn the switch" at the end of the day, this isn't the place for you. Our designers live and breath design, our engineers know everything there is to know about java - they are by far the best in the business, our staff is passionate for what we do - and we constantly have one eye open to new opportunities and possibilities for our product. We believe in what we are making and that is why we believe that this is not a 9-5.

Sometimes we come in at 10am, sometimes we leave at 7pm - if we are working hard on a project and have to meet a deadline, we stay late. We are excepted to take downtime and vacations as well, though. It's a give and take when you are all working towards a common goal, we are trusted to do what it takes to get our work done, and we reap the benefits of our hard work, loyalty and commitment. That is why, it ends up feeling more like a family than a staff - because we are all working towards one goal. If you are the type of person that belongs here, you will understand that culture and appreciate it.

Look at it this way, when apple and google began, before they became the big names that they are today, it required a hard-working passionate team that believed in what they were doing, and I'm sure they feel as though that hard work more than payed off today (and while they were putting in the hours, for that matter). If an entire staff believes in it, and puts that belief into your daily work, it will show in the product.

Disclaimer: This does not mean that I work nights and weekends - I have nights and weekends off, for the most part. Once in a while, I am so enthused by a project that I go home and work on it - once in a while, i get to travel somewhere cool and have to leave on a Sunday. Once in a while, I wake up at 5 am and start working because I am so excited to see the end result of something. It's a staff of passionate, hard-working, committed people who will be here for the long run to see this amazing product become the solution to healthcare.

I really have no advice to management. They see our passion and trust our judgement because they know they hired the best in each field. They run their departments in terms of vision and industry deadlines, to ensure that our company continues to be successful. I think that, especially for the size of the company, the management structure is ideal.

Also, in regards to the CEO in particular. He works hard to inspire the staff. We have frequent company-wide meetings - which is amazing, because his travel schedule is obscene - but he is always, always willing to speak with anyone and make sure that people are happy and productive and feel as though they are providing a contribution to really work towards something. He is one of the most ethical and easily approachable business leaders I have ever met.

all hype no substance

I worked at Wellogic

Pros

free food, good salary, young group of people to work with

Cons

like the title says, the company is all hype and no substance
    they don't have a product, all they have is marketing and it's all bait-and-switch with the ceo constantly looking to dupe the next gullible client (government agencies, 3rd world countries, anyone dumb enough to sign a contract without due diligence)
    check out their website all you have is the same screenshot of a "mark-up" over and over again

not worth giving any advice, they're a bunch of crooks and they know what they're doing

Thinkers and Innovators Welcome - Clock Watchers Don't Bother Applying

I have been working at Wellogic full-time

Pros

Management is very hand's off - welcomes innovative thoughts and processes; if you think outside the box to solve problems - you would fit in nicely; if you simply want to cut and paste - you will not survive because this is not a company for someone who wants a job - but someone that wants to build a career with accomplishments.

Cons

Many ideas - not short of innovative thoughts; needs to continue to expand with innovators to expand market presence. Needs to support more marketing opportunities whenever possible.

Move forward and do not listen to any outside static - the world is 1% leaders - 99% followers - keep leading and moving onward. Market your presence more - let more know who and what management stands for - it would be an eye opener.

Very Disappointing

I have been working at Wellogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros here, the company is trying to sell a broken product and despite wanting to do good and get a good product out there the management does not allow any significant progress. Check other review, they've been at this for 10 years and their product still isn't mature.

Cons

Management, some of the worst I've worked with. They seem to only be interested in looking good, both to staff and to customers vs. actually being good. With management firmly entrenched there is no real path to move up. They have also on several occasions made promises to customers that resulted in engineering / QA teams having to cancel personal plans, holidays, etc. to be able to meet those promises no matter how unrealistic the goals were.

If the company continues it current course it won't last more than another year or so.

See cons.

Looks promising from Outside but the Sr. Management sucks !

I worked at Wellogic full-time

Pros

- Free Food, Snacks
    - Get to work in latest technologies
    - Good engineering team (Most of the team is young and thirsty)
    - Would be a good platform for someone smart, in experienced and fresh out of college.
    - Six figure salary is common and never settle for anything less.

Cons

- Not a stable company at all. Bankrolled by Alere Inc on promise of results. If the results fail company is gone !
    - Has a bad Hire and Fire policy. If you are hired by some manager and if the manager leaves you will be fired in couple of months.
    - Be prepared to work long hours / weekends / Holidays.
    - Looks very promising from outside but has deep flaws inside. Make your research well, Get your commitments and questions clarified before joining.
    - They have been trying to launch a successful product for more than 10 years and still a long way to go. The only reason is Sr. Management. They have no clue and the faith is placed on wrong people at various levels.
    - It is a deceiving place to work with lot of promise but be careful it comes with lot of baggage.

Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Wellogic full-time

Pros

Excellent engineering team, great space.

Cons

Requirements shift too much; more planning that is shared with everyone.

Share planning more often with employees.

A work In-Progress! Starts to feel like working in the Valley. Teamwork is very organic and great for a Tech Company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Wellogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart pool of talents. Highly motivated and smart engineers that helps you learn, grow and gets you inside updates on new emerging technologies. Never dull or boring. Great perks and flexible work hours. Organically growing team helps motivate everyone. Just like any, if not all, tech and start-up like company, tight deadlines combined with market demand is part of the job some see it as being stressful and to some it's a challenge. It's all about mindset people. Tech job market is totally different 10 years ago. So live with it.

Cons

Stressful, but as I learned, every tech company I've worked with to compare them with Alere Wellogic, I'd say leaving this company is a poor decision made.

Fast paced, start-up atmosphere, growing EMR/HIE software company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Wellogic

Pros

Opportunity to make a difference and grow, excellent benefits and working environment. Never static or boring and opportunities to travel to some pretty cool places. Dedicated motivated people at all levels.

Cons

Growing pains of a small company in a very fast paced industry. Some days/weekends can have long hours, but you are compensated well for this.

Poor management and financially mismanaged

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Wellogic

Pros

Compensated well with erratic pay periods

Cons

Poor management and financially mismanaged

Innovative company with a creative and entrepreneurial work environment

I worked at Wellogic

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the company. Wellogic provides fast paced and exciting work. The employees truly believe in team work and the overall success of the company.

Cons

The work can be challenging, but I personally flourish in that environment and was never bored.

Upper level management treat employees very well and promote open communication and welcome the flow of ideas.

Wellogic Photos