Wells Fargo

7,353 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,674 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

257 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Takes care of its employees

Cons

Huge organization - easy to get lost in the fray

Spend more time focusing on the little guys that serve as the boots on the ground

Horrible

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can bonus if you make your sales goal. They will pay you 10 dollars an hour and if you want overtime it's easily to get

Cons

Your management . They are stressed about the sales goal which make you stressed. Sales goals are not the easiest to make since the bank has a lot of regulars . You basically to team up with a banker who will be willing to give you solutions /sales . The hours are 8-6 but you will leave later than that and on sat you work 9-4 !

be understanding

Sales mean more than anything to Wells Fargo

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome PTO benefits! The company has a good 401k plan and ESPP program. The values of the company are solid.

Cons

The sales mean more than anything to management. They don't really care about what is best for the customer (I worked in multiple "stores"). The number of sales expected out of bankers would be acceptable if there were fewer bankers in each location.

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

- PTO Days
    - Great environment with other co workers
    - Manager will make or break the branch
    - Learn a lot about bank operations and fraud

Cons

- Unrealistic sales goals: They expect way too much out of every banker when it comes to sales. Recently, they've placed a much bigger emphasis on quality (accounts being used and funded) but still keep the sales goals the same. I don't understand this at all, you can't place a big emphasis on quality and expect everyone to hit the same amount of sales. The reason employees were even able to hit the previous goals was because quality wasn't an issue. Now they just want it all

- Upper Management: Some markets don't have this problem but I've noticed that some District Managers have no idea what actually goes on in branches. Therefore, they think following the road map (a script to solve "customer's needs") will solve everything. I work inside a grocery store so most of the time when I have a customer sit down with me, they're in a hurry and have no time to fill out a CNA (Customer Needs Assessment) but Management believes this needs to be done with every customer, even people that are just coming in to get a temporary debit card.

- Be consistent in promotions: I've noticed a huge trend with DM's that have their "Favorites," this is a big issue with promotions because I've witnessed on several occasions that some tellers that hit Bronze and Silver in sales don't get interviews to be a banker while others that don't even hit Bronze will get interviewed because they suck up. This type of behavior sets a bad example for the company and shows that your hard work and effort don't mean anything to management.

- WOW should no longer be a metric: The primary reason I say this is because some bankers are more worried about pleasing the customer then actually doing their due diligence with identification and check verification therefore it leads to a lot more fraud. This happens a lot with new bankers especially.

- Make Wells Fargo a much more customer service oriented bank. This company preaches customer service but under the table only cares about the numbers.

- Create a commission structure that is much more realistic rather than trying to "have it all"

Great company!

Former Employee - Branch Manager II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Branch Manager II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Best place to work. Great management. Loved working there. Great compensation and culture. Awesome benefits and people. Second family.

Cons

Almost none. Sales focus used to be a problem. Not anymore. New culture is all about the customers

Keep it up.

Great company

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement

I loved working for this company.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits! It feels great to work for a company that has made a very respectable name for itself.

Cons

Caution - If you do not like intense sales pressure you would not enjoy working on the retail side of wells fargo. This is at times a "con" because too much sales pressure can lead to an unethical work environment and culture.

I would recommend that you constantly reward your employees who do well on a consistent basis! As a manager. i think i would value consistency very much from my employees. If they are a consistently high performing employee it does no good to harass them on the one of two days they do not perform well. I think this is ineffective and a counterproductive tactic because it can discourage that employee, make them feel as though their consistent performance is not appreciated, and can therefore create a subtle resentment towards their manager. I think it is better to focus on the employees who are not performing up to standards.

Good experience builder

Former Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, training, and opportunities to learn different jobs.

Cons

Upward mobility can get stagnate

Good And the bad

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great company to get by

Cons

They expect so much for mortgage I might as well go work for a firm

Pay more for benefits

micromanaged

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, great health benefits

Cons

ridiculously micromanaged. No more than 5 minutes off the phone for the bathroom daily