Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in California

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

982 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Customer experience vs sales integrity

Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong company. Number one bank right now. Stability. Great pay. Even greater bonuses.

ConsAggressive sales culture. Almost predatory. Last time checked I'm a customer service rep not a sales banker

Advice to Senior ManagementLower metrics due to numerous changes with policy and proceedures

Good Place to work

Teller (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsAlways good people, and you get to meet alot of the customers personally and know them perosnally.

ConsVery Sales Drive, management bonuses on the line.

Advice to Senior Managementtake it easy

Solid conservative company.

Marketing Database Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood work-life balance, lots of opportunity for growth and movement, vertically or laterally. With economic recovery, our division is definitely expanding.

I'm a technical (mostly) worker, and looking to switch industries, so take my review with a grain of salt if you're really into FS.

ConsBig company, can lose career focus if you stay fixed on the minutia and company processes. Benefits have degraded down to average.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Organized Company

QA Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros9-5 work no one stays over.

ConsNot much communication between people

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication through participation outside projects

Great experience

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Roseville, CA

ProsExcellant manager, great team. benefits and training were nice.

ConsLaid off; most of my managers were HORRIBLE while I was there; only one great manager.

Enjoyed working at Wells Fargo - lots of opportunities for interesting projects!

Programmer - Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe atmosphere is very friendly and courteous.

ConsSometimes, with a large company yo feel your contributions don't make a big difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding opportunities for advancement is great for morale and greater productivity.

Typical job working for a large company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Bernardino, CA

ProsThe medical and dental benefits are really good. They encourage volunteering for local charitable organizations.

ConsYou are pushed to sell rather than provide customer service. Managers often played favorites.

My experience at Wells Fargo was very educational and I learned a lot.

Consumer Loan Underwriter III (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsWells Fargo truly values their employees and reward them in many ways. They have great benefits.

ConsThe work environment was great.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything was great.

A good experience, would love a nice secure job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent perks and employee appreciation.

ConsCompletely disorganized and wasteful of resources. No clear boss = no clear direction. Many conflicts with different instruction from team members.

Great company with great benefits and a good place to grow professionally.

Teller (Former Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsGreat company to have on your resume, pay is OK with yearly raises and quarterly bonuses, good opportunities to advance your career

ConsYour fate is in the hands of your managers, office politics can be overwhelming, stressful sales goals

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a career path action plan a priority so employees can always be working for where they want to go

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!