Wells Fargo Reviews in Cary, NC

6,701 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,358 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 274 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 469 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 540 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 128 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

If you're don't care about people, and don't mind being in a dead-end job....apply!

Current Employee - Teller in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Teller in Cary, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some decent benefits - 401k match up to 6%.
    Did work with some great people

Cons

Where do I start...awful management, both in-store and above. If you don't know someone higher up, aren't on the "good list", or don't play the WF game, then don't expect to go anywhere; especially if you have outside financial services experience. This is a sales company, plain and simple. Not interested in doing what's best for the customer, unless it's what's best for the company/store (and they are called STORES, not branches.) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "sales", but it's the way it's done at WF that's disturbing. In my time with the company, I saw repeated company violations, all in the name of meeting numbers. Not to mention that WF customers are sold to in every step of banking - online, ATM, mobile, in-store, phone calls; it's absurd. I am not naïve; I understand that this is a new world for banking, but WF was not for me, and I would never recommend a career here...unless you know someone or have family already working there.

One word - leave!

WF claims they care about customers, but they only care about sales

Former Employee - Teller in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Teller in Cary, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good benefits, OK pay, somewhat flexible schedule.

Cons

It's all about sales. It's more important to sell checking accounts than to balance your drawer at the end of the day. Sales goals are ridiculous, and the job title should be "Sales Representative," not "Teller." The job description when I applied was very misleading, and during my interviews I was told about certain "goals" we have, which basically are mandatory quotas. If your branch is slow, oh well, you do whatever it takes to make your numbers. I had a manager call an ex-boyfriend to see if he would open up an account to meet our checking account goal for the day. Managers also play favorites with the tellers, and if you're on their good side it doesn't matter if you don't sell to the customers. They also pay crap for what they expect of you. When I was hired the HR rep told me that they love their tellers because they are the "face of the company." For some odd reason they like to pay the face of their company $10.67/hr and the bonuses are far-fetched.

Treat your employees like you actually care about them, and then you might see the production you want.