Wells Fargo Reviews

1. Good Company To Work For

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good Company and Well Structured
    Great Benefits

Cons

Sometimes employees can get lost in the shuffle
    Really Beaurocratic when trying to get something done
    No clear path for advancement

Have better way of structuring path of advancement for employees. Don't let them feel like they are stuck in a position. Provide training that is more financial services centered to provide licenses and training for all types of employees.

2. Although Wells Fargo is a very large company, if you prove you can add value and be dependable, you will get noticed.

Current Employee - Operations Accountant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Accountant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Strong reputation within the industry as well as from an external perspective when compared to other financial services firms
    -Quality benefits including a range of health insurance options that allow you to choose an optimal plan, great company match policy for 401(k), and a range of internal resources for career development
    -Nationwide footprint offers potential opportunities in almost any region one desires
    -Company culture, diversification, and community involvement are promoted through actions, not just words

Cons

-Compensation seems marginally below the competition, which possibly is a result of the quality benefits
    -Lack of cutting edge technology and almost seemingly focused on short-term costs vs. long-term benefits in regards to technology

Be more willing to invest in technological advancements to provide teammates with the tools needed to excel as well as meet client requests

3. Poor Management from top to bottom

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist I in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist I in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Big name corporation
    Other opportunities within Wells Fargo

Cons

Wells Fargo (more specifically the Home Mortgage division) is very poorly managed. The management and lower level employees shift so often that the departments are constantly shuffling to change processes that don't need changing, and insist on keeping outdated ones that do need changing.

Listen to your lower level employees, especially the ones that have been with Wells Fargo for a while. They know processes better than anyone and have to deal with them on a daily basis.

5. Good opportunities if you are FTE it seems. Better if you can automate in a manual QA env...if automation approved.

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Fun technology - easy to understand products.

Cons

Per Hr Pay not good for Automation Contractors - same all over USA it seems.

Sync up automation QA framework across USA. I understand manual tester rates (no college needed) but raise automation rates (technical degreed candidates). Conservatively run company - to outlast many competition.

6. Great place to work

Current Contractor - Information Security Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Information Security Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Intelligent and motivated team members, very driven and committed to quality work in projects, activities, and deliverables

Cons

Some long nights spent working to meet deadlines and produce last minute updates from executives at the 9th hour.

7. Just OK

Former Employee - Network Engineer V in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer V in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, overall good corporate culture and company outlook. Most processes were very organized, well defined and managed. There didn't seem to be any lack of budget money for equipment or headcount, which always makes things easier.

Cons

The technology umbrella of teams was not a hospitable environment. Most people seemed to care more about their job security and making themselves look good rather than helping out a new employee. This included peers up through the few levels of management I dealt with. The management structure was also very confusing and seemed unnecessary in some departments. There was a distinct lack of work-life balance and the lightly hinted at after hours work from the interview became multiple nights per week with some weekends (weekends were never mentioned). With a low end estimate on average overtime I was making less per hour than my previous job, so I got out ASAP. It also turned out I had a newer manager that was terrible at managing people, but I can't hold that against the company too much.

Perform a thorough review of management staff at every level and pare down a bit. Look into the new hire process and implement some sort of followup to ensure new employees are getting the support they need.

8. Your worth is based on production

Former Employee - Private Business Loan Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Private Business Loan Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good benefits, good PTO; met great friends; good pay (thanks to legacy Wachovia)

Cons

Your worth is based on solely production; Mobility is based on who you know, not what you know; overlook most qualified candidates for lower paid candidates; Lost out on management positions to people who I trained and who had less experience

Please know that the measure of a great employee is not based solely on how many widgets they can crank out without coming up for air, nor is it based on who has the largest smile and loudest mouth when management is present.

9. lot's of opportunity, but not a lot of training/development

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great and the company has a very stable and conservative business model. You will run into some very intelligent co-workers and there are many opportunities to move into other areas of the bank.

Cons

There are plenty of ultra-competitive people who can create a rather hostile work environment. I would come in with the expectation that you will not be trained and be ready to get stuck with operational tasks that you never signed up for.

Many people are overpaid and overworked, but I think that people are getting pushed to their limits now. Bringing in contractors to plug the gaps promotes an unhealthy work environment and further encourages an unfair opportunity for certain individuals.

10. Good place to work

Current Contractor - Human Resources Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Human Resources Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, good security and there is opportunity for growth.

Cons

The pay is not what one would expect of a company of this magnitude.

Fairly compensated employees are loyal and provide the best service which can only enhance the growth of the company.

11. Great company

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and great environment

Cons

Long hours but great environment

Increase oppoortunities