Wells Fargo Reviews

1. private business loan uw

Current Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Job security. That's it. Average base min bonus.

Cons

No training, outdated technology, favoritism.

Advice to Management

Staff properly and conduct training.

2. I review financials for those whom are trying to save their homes.

Current Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter II in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter II in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid time off as well as holidays.

Cons

Feeling like you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Pay your good people.

3. I can say Wells Fargo has been a secure place to work. The pay could be a lot better.

Current Employee - Loan Verification Analyst II in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Verification Analyst II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not many layoffs, the people I work with are like family including managers.

Cons

The pay is low and raises are not as much as they should be.

5. Favoritism, poor work-life balance in Retirement business unit

Current Employee - Retirement Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retirement Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent banking pay. Decent health benefits

Cons

WF is a company that likes to talk the talk not walk the walk.The policies between business units vary greatly. The larger Wells Fargo wants you to believe they are competitive, fair, diverse and forward thinking, but there is no consistency with this from one group to the next. Our business unit just severely cut back its work from home allowance to 2x per month. It's causing lots of low morale and people are already starting to look for other opportunities. Sr. leadership really needs to stop drinking the pink koolaid.

Advice to Management

Please make policies that are fair and consistent to all. Be forward thinking. Have sr business leaders take the time to see what goes on In their unit. Interject more diversity and a balanced work life situation. Don't play favorites and think no one sees that this happens.

6. Wells Fargo is a great corporate structure to begin your career with.

Current Employee - Securities Administration Services Analyst II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Introduces you to Wells Fargo. Allows you to have a foot in the door to move around to other careers.

Cons

Not as challenging as i hoped. Very service oriented, and was not quite what i expected off of my application.

Advice to Management

None.

Unfortunate Disappointment

Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay- Nice base rate plus the opportunity to make a shift differential working in the afternoon(s). Incentive Plan- Extra bonus pay for referrals and closing sales. Benefits- Choices between different medical plans, prescription coverage is awesome, FSA. The plans aren't terribly expensive. The 401(k) gives the option to increase contribution each year, up to 12%. Wells Fargo will match 100% up to 6% of gross pay after one year of service with the company. PTO- Provides a generous number of days off. Extra volunteer time, and floating holidays. Training- Provide ample classroom and applied training on the floor. You will have plenty of support during OJT. Promotions- Ample room to move up and out within the company.

Cons

Sadly, the benefits listed above are about as far as it goes. Once hitting the floor, my whole morale went south. "Coaching" means getting pulled off the phone and told that you're not meeting your goals and that you need to basically find a way to do it or get threatened to be sent to senior management or written up. This stems from the unrealistic goals that Wells Fargo has for its bankers. In a short amount of time (4 minutes and 30 seconds or less), you must service the call, follow all procedures to stay in compliance (failing to do so can result in termination and other possible consequences), refer to the customer, and hopefully get them over to sales. The biggest struggles for most are AHT and the Referral Rate. It is possible to get the customers off the line in a short amount of time, but other metrics such as QA and KDM suffer because "you didn't take enough time with the customer." Sales is #1 in this call center environment, which is fine, but allow more time to spend with the customer. We have to go so fast through servicing the call that we don't get ample time to really know how the customer could benefit from another product or service, especially those that have almost all of them. It takes time and referrals would be of a higher quality if they weren't pushed so much OR if we could have a higher AHT. Those two metrics have been a struggle since the start, and instead of acknowledging that, the attitude is simply "you better fix it." This makes for a sometimes hostile work environment, depending on your current leadership. Not every minute of everyday is going to be top of the charts in terms of metrics. Having them is fine, but know how to coach them and help those who struggle meet them so we're not constantly worried about losing our jobs.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate sales goals or AHT. One of these has to give somewhere. The way things are going now is why we get dinged for sales integrity and have lost our #1 spot with JD Power.

8. Great company good culture

Current Employee - Summer Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Summer Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good cultures Senior management is very supportive and helpful Over all good work life balance if you want it to be

Cons

Peers are very insecure Get threatened very easily Lot of politics

9. Wells Fargo & Co.

Former Employee - Loan Verification Analyst II in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Loan Verification Analyst II in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay involved with team building and embrace the "open door policy"

It depends

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo had historically promoted from within, but that appears to be changing. The culture faces significant challenges when external hires perceive a necessity to ignore cultural norms and address the exigencies of the circumstance.

Cons

See above - it's the balance that makes the company work, and in certain divisions and departments, that is threatened.

Advice to Management

Stick to your core values - if you say you value collaboration, diversity, and promoting from within, then do so.

11. Accountant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company values, one of the best to work for:

Cons

Just need to overlook the inside politics, and go for opportunities that are available.

Showing 392 of 9,257 reviews