Wells Fargo Reviews

1. Could have been better

Current Employee - Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

fortune 500 company; Big name experience in your resume

Cons

Know the growth opportunity within your division

Advice to Management

Listen to employees; they have first hand experience of what is going on..

2. I have had a very rewarding experience with Wells Fargo and learned a lot about myself and my skills.

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to grow Their drive to promote from within Their overall reputation in banking

Cons

-Challenging customer base -Management is very particular about promotion preference -Policies and procedures are very strict

Good stepping stone in a good economy, a joke in a bad one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good experience for those looking to break into finance/financial services. Good work/life balance and corporate structure.

Cons

Salary structure is a joke.

Advice to Management

Grow a set and tackle tough issues

fair, spiteful and lazy managers

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

No hassle about taking time off for appointments and flexible with arrival. Some weeks are easy going with very little to do.

Cons

Senior management trying to get people out the door. Underpaid for stress level associated with work, and dead end positions

Advice to Management

Lead by example rather than by constant delegation. More respect will be earned that way. Make employees feel valued. You can't raise salaries for new employees and ignore current employees, that's bad for retention.

Smart People as a Competitive Advantage...the rest are idiots!

Current Employee - Senior Securities Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Securities Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I can pretty much come and go as I please. Very little accountability for the quality of your work. Yup.

Cons

Long nights during certain periods of the month. Management has no clue how to get people to do their job or train them. Coworkers could careless and usually force you to work long hours so they can soak up OT. They leverage the people who can do their job and let the idiots keep coasting. No room for advancement for Senior Analysts...that's why we go elsewhere!

Advice to Management

Promote those people who can actually do their job, fire those who are just taking up space and haven't advanced in over 5 years, middle management is useless!

Mid-Level Managers Need to be Cut

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Broad exposure to financial concepts. Good starting job right out of college.

Cons

If Wells Fargo CTS wants to increase profits they should look at cutting some mid level managers. My manager does nothing all day but work her personal gmail account. She has no idea what is going on in the group and is oblivious to the work and projects that her staff members are doing. She shows nothing but favortism by giving huge raises to the people she likes and small raises to those she doesn't like even if they worked their butt off. So you better learn to brown nose if you want to get ahead. Ironically, the people she gives the huge raises to talk crap behind her back constantly. If we were allowed to give performance reviews to mid level managers, a lot of them would receive failing grades. Needless to say, I will be leaving soon and I know that others will be following me very soon.

Advice to Management

Allow staff members to give their direct managers performance feedback to HR/senior management. That way they can determine which managers aren't pulling their weight. Too many mid level managers are just there to collect a paycheck and add no value to the organization.

loss mitigation

Current Employee - Loss Mitigation in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Loss Mitigation in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Name recognition, training, financial knowledge, company stability.

Cons

Little room for advancement, company politics, disrespect, unknowledgeable senior management

Advice to Management

Have a clear concise direction for your goals. Treat everyone with respect. Have open dialogue with employees.

9. ok place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

depending on department flexable hours, work is independent for the most part, you are aware you your deadline so you can work at you pace.

Cons

Growth and promotions is limited, not all departments have flexibility or care about work life balance. Managers are not consistent. With current market condition managers think it’s a good thing to push people out.

Advice to Management

If you don't listen to your employees you’re going to lose them. Pushing people out doesn't ensure your job security.

Great company, but little growth in the future

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Very strong company values. We strive to do the best for our clients and provide the best service possible. Strong company values are incorporated in many aspects of daily work.

Cons

Long hours especially during production. Production is monthly so the long hours are a regular occurrence. There is also a lack of direction due to the recent collaspe of the financial markets. There is no clear future for CTS and layoffs are expected in the near term. Employees have no hope for promotion or growth in the short term. Training could be better, but due to heavy production, many new employees do not get the necessary training.

Advice to Management

Senior management need to forecast the market better. Rapid hiring and poor forecasting has led to mass layoffs which were easily preventable.

11. There is a reason most don't stick around in this position long.

Former Employee - Securities Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Securities Analyst in Columbia, MD

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo is a solid well capitalized bank; a safe company. Casual dress is allowed in the office with some dress down days. The pay is reasonable.

Cons

Long hours every third week of the month. Other times there is not enough to do. Cubical layout. Divided into teams with one manager.

Advice to Management

Know how to do your subordinate's job.

Showing 23 of 9,270 reviews