Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

(2,993 ratings)

5,500 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available"
    in 198 reviews
  • "The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc"
    in 435 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products"
    in 440 reviews
  • "No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment"
    in 103 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

15 years starting with First Union Bank

Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsLarge company with numerous opportunities for personal grow, good benefits including a 401k plan and time off policies. Encourages community service participation. Great customer focus and values.

ConsLittle too much internal politics and pay raises are minimal, although I have got a pay raise even through the downturn in the economy. Budget balance sheet wins over loyalty of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't tolerate politics and silo building.

Perfect!

Phone Banker I (Former Employee)
    Homewood, AL

ProsManagers, Schedules, Great Pay, PTO, Benefits...I can go on and on

ConsNothing at all...Everything was great!

Good experience

Trust Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood work environment, benefits, pay reasonable

ConsAdvancement limited in certain areas.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Personal Banker

ProsGood place to work for the bank

ConsToo much sales pressure at the work place.

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClose to home, lots of great people, loved working in Charlotte office. Fast paced and very challenging work atmosphere. Would work there again

ConsWork life balance sometimes suffered. Most new employees start as temps. Would have liked better benefits. Overall good place to learn and grow

Wells Fargo cares about their employees.

Lead Teller (Current Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsThere are so many opportunities to learn and grow within the company. There is a lot of support through employee services and district management. They took care of me when I had a non work related injury and had to take leave. They care about our happiness and well being as employees.

ConsRaises are hard to come by and not significant compared to cost of living increases. Healthcare benefits are not great, too expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was really hard to get my foot in the door, 3 months. It seems like getting a job at entry level shouldn't be so hard. My store has been short staffed for over a year. I could not even begin to afford healthcare, I still rely on state medical assistance for myself and my family.

Wells Fargo is A good Company

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Current Employee)
    Nash, TN

ProsWork environment is nice and benefits are vast:tuition reimbursement,pto etc

ConsUpper Management can be demeaning at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally go through third party management training.

Wells Fargo is a great place to work. Ethical, honest, and good to employees.

Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood compensation, recognition, support, company values.

ConsToo many layoffs lately. I wish there was more stability.

I love helping people make there dreams come true , and plan for the furture

Personal Banker I (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsManagement in my branch is very bad

Conshelping first time home buyer

Advice to Senior ManagementI think in every type of sales , having some one recommend to others. I knowing you did your job right the first time, what a gift!

Great potential for growth. Stick and no carrot retail culture.

Personal Banker II – Registered (Current Employee)

ProsTheir base pay is very competitive with other banks. Benefits are above average. If you have a good network of lower management relationships and meet your quarterly goals you can move up fast. They are also a large bank with many departments you can find the right place if you search.

ConsThe culture of the company is focused on reaching goals, which have built a strong bank. However, the pressure can be so intense that you can begin to struggle to find satisfaction in your job. I have performed well above average for my position for years. It has been a long time since I have felt that management would trust that I will do well without constant micro management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome leaders. It is really easy with all the government oversight and corporate growth pressure to put pressure on those under you. Managers can oversee and make sure things show well on reports. Leaders inspire employees and customers to be better. They also are willing to stand behind their team.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All 5,500 reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.