Wells Fargo

7,383 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,691 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work.

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo offers a lot of Great benefits, career opportunities within company,

Cons

If you are on sales position they push you to do a lot of sales!

First Sales, then Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are great at encouraging position promotion and extra money is there to be earned if you are a persistant salesman. Meetings nearly everyday helps to keep everyone informed and to help motivate every one to reach goals. Quaterly bonuses for all employees who reach their goals. Also, 401k plans available.

Cons

Constantly increased sales goals, customer needs seem to come second, you are frowned upon if you don't try to sell something to every customer that walks in or drives up to the window...most people don't have time nor do they want you to try to sell them something so I often felt like I was hassling our veteran customers.

Worked for Wachovia 5 years and Wells Fargo ruined that bank

Former Employee - Teller in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Banking hours, clean enviornment, if you are in sales, all positions here are sales driven and quotas are almost impossible in some areas

Cons

Salary, health benefits are terrible now, they still require women wear panty hose (even in the florida heat), they rely on customers who are called during dinner hour to determine if an employee gives good customer service.

Treat your employees with fairness

Tellers AKA Salesmen

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Lots of vacation time
    Paid holidays
    Who can argue about bankers hours?
    Employees tend to get along with each other
    Sales incentive (when you make your ridiculous goals)
    Company picnic and End of the year holiday party

Cons

If you aren't prepared to be a salesmen, don't work as a teller or any other position in the retail side of banking. As Wells Fargo has taken over, it is more and more about sales than ever. People have even gotten fired over not meeting their sales goals. Every quarter, sales is the only thing the management staff talk about...what are you doing to get people to open accts, etc, etc...why haven't you met your goals? Yadda yadda yadda

Saturday banking hours, some may even be open on Sundays.

No overtime allowed (except in January when we have our big promotion/kick off for the year)

Even though this is retail banking, lighten up a little...we aren't having huge sales like the mall, so you aren't going to get that same flow of traffic. I know crap rolls down hill...you hear it from your boss, he hears it from his boss and so on...but really every one is tired of hearing it. We know what our goals are every month/quarter so please stop micro-managing your employees. Please understand the difference between motivating your employees and riding their butts until they want to cry or quit or light the place on fire. ;)