Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great company

Teller (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgreat bonuses, great people, a lot of room to grow.

ConsIf you get stuck in a stupid store where the wow sucks then you miss out in half of you bonus. YEs sales are a must and there are no excuses. Super stressful and pay could be a lot better. great for students.

Advice to Senior Managementsometimes if a manager is great at sales and their wow sucks maybe you should get a manager that is great at both.

Ok experience

Personal Banker I (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood incentives, aggressive expansion outlook

ConsTo sales oriented micro managing

Large institution with a community feel

Relationship Manager III, Vice President (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsService commitment that is in line with my values. Job description is in sync with my career path and focuses on client satisfaction and client retention.

ConsConsistency standards for processes and within departments that continue to struggle with change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on continuity and consistency between different offices and as changes occur. New employee orientation virtually doesn't exist and would be nice to have new employee orientation (live or virtual). On boarding process is time consuming due to the reading and the "on your own" approach

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Teller (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-great benefits and great bonuses

Consit is true what others say , it really depends on the branch , you will get a great bonuses if you work with a branch that cares about the whole team and their goals. The WOW is a team effort and if no one is on-board then you get stuck in a branch where your bonus is dependent of your sales. In the other hand if the sales are there and the customer service is also there, then wow your life is easier. Except for your balancing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake note of what other managers are doing at other branches, if your wow is at 55% you are clearly doing something wrong.

Decent training at first. Most managers and coworkers lack intellectual understanding of finance outside of their job.

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDecent benefits, large bank network to eventually move around to other departments.

ConsCheap managers, pay lower than other major banks, and the "meat and potato" style of banking gets old. By that I mean the bank runs its employees and uses them saying that if they exhaust themselves they will be recognized. No frills or concerns what the employees think about it. Those that exhaust themselves are sometimes recognized, but usually not in a meaningful way.

Bank is also acquiring lots of assets trying to become bigger than JP Morgan. And because of that, has messed up its budget and its paying its employees less than they deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat take it or leave it mentality you have in Wholesale Loan Services and everywhere else leaves you with stupid analysts that have caused a muck of your MRA program, and little intellectual value at your bank, which is why you trail the other leaders.

great experience

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgreat to gain experience

Conshigh sales but is great to learn and make you a sales person

Friendly Work environment

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFriendly Work environment. People are fun to work with. Social events are great. Pretty good employee benefits and compensation. Work schedule is flexible.

ConsUpper management doesn't care about people at lower positions. Thye don't promote people from within, instead they hire cheaper from outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from withing the organization

Fun environment, challenging work

Transmission Migration Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPeople you work around, hours, easy-going environment.

ConsYou're evalutated on your numbers. The job is driven by customer's willingness and attentiveness to migrate, if they're dragging their feet, your numbers lag.

Advice to Senior ManagementDEVELOP BETTER TRAINING!

Migration Specialist

Migration Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsVery large company and hopefully will have the opportunity to transfer to a management position, which is what I have been doing for over 25 years. I have 5 years experience as Project Manager and team lead in the Wholesale department as a team lead in the Migration Department.

ConsIt is hard to work with the current team leads who do not understand migrations and do not know about the Wells Fargo products and services. The team leads do not assist the migration specialists in working with their customers or give ideas on how they can improve their numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is too late to have the team leads learn how to migrate customers, they need to have a person in management that knows how to migrate customers, has internal relationships with other departments to get a faster response and can work with the migration specialists on improving their numbers. You can have all the reports, but if you don't assist the migration specialists and can gain their confidence and respect, the numbers will not improve.

Opportunity

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWells Fargo was great. There are the same issues with politics as there are in any large company, but the opportunities to advance far outweigh them. In my 5 ½ years there, went from $33k to over $75k.

ConsMicromanagement. At the lower levels, micromanagement is an issue. Also, when someone in management moves up, and has this as their way of doing things, then they believe micromanagement is acceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementReal world. Some of the processes are good in theory, but in the real world they do not work. Go out into the branches and see what customers actually act like.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!