Wells Fargo Reviews in Denver, CO

6,393 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,226 Ratings

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights

91 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love working for this company only downfall is not being full-time.

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning the ends and outs of how to manage your finances.

Cons

Working really hard for the small hourly pay. Call center agents make more than I do.

Unethical Sales

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)  in  Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Arvada, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits
    Good Hours
    Good Bonus Incentives

Cons

Too Much pressure to get sales which leads to unethical behavior
    Getting sales from customer is more important than taking care of customers actual needs

Don't encourage your bakers/tellers to open accounts,credit cards, etc, at the expense of the customer
    Hold you team accountable for what is expected. Don't just let people get by with little things, it lowers the moral of the rest of the group

Good company with solid foundations

Former Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wells Fargo is a stable well-balanced bank west of the Mississippi with ample room for vertical and horizontal growth within the company. Great benefits for all employees, both full and part time.

Cons

Compensation takes in account all of the great benefits. The team members love to spend time with each other outside of work golfing or helping in charitable events.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok experience

Former Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good incentives, aggressive expansion outlook

Cons

To sales oriented micro managing

great company

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

great bonuses, great people, a lot of room to grow.

Cons

If you get stuck in a stupid store where the wow sucks then you miss out in half of you bonus. YEs sales are a must and there are no excuses. Super stressful and pay could be a lot better. great for students.

sometimes if a manager is great at sales and their wow sucks maybe you should get a manager that is great at both.

Love it!

Current Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo  in  Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love how they treat us as team members and not employees and everybody is anyways nice

Cons

The only thing I don't like so far is that I barely have any flexibility and even tho I'm part time I work more than 30 hours.

Terrible work environment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III  in  Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only decent thing I can say, is they offer bonuses, but the amt changes at times. 401 k match.

Cons

If you have a need to be criticized, tormented with threats of firing, ridiculed, bullied, or belittled, then this is may be the perfect place for you. It is filled with micro-managers. In my opinion, the supervisors and managers act arrogant and entitled. Favoritism runs rampant, if you are a major brown noser, you might be ok. I'd say to be wary of all of the supervisors, they can make your work life a living hell, if they don't like you, or if they feel you made them look bad to their superiors, whether you did or did not. On any single given day, you will hear a coworker relaying to other coworkers how much they hate their job and the treatment they are given. Nearly every person I worked with, said they were job hunting. Management wants you to feel threatened about your job status every day, by constantly degrading you, and focusing on every little aspect of your job that they feel it not 100%. They constantly call you into the office to discuss the most trivial of items, which I have never encountered with another employer. It is very difficult to obtain a position in the same building in another area, they expect you to train and perform your current job at the same time, and this training could easily last almost a year. Wells Fargo is a giant corporate machine, rolling over on it's employees. You are just a number, and easily replaced, and they make sure you know that. (not at meetings, of course, that would not do, but in private is a whole other story) working nights until 9, and 4 hours every other saturday, is not conducive to a work/home balance. I would not recomment this job to my worst enemy. No amount of money is worth it.

Wells Fargo as a whole, needs to clean house. Not of their employees, but starting with the supervisors, all the way to the top.

Large institution with a community feel

Current Employee - Relationship Manager III, Vice President  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager III, Vice President in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Service commitment that is in line with my values. Job description is in sync with my career path and focuses on client satisfaction and client retention.

Cons

Consistency standards for processes and within departments that continue to struggle with change.

More focus on continuity and consistency between different offices and as changes occur. New employee orientation virtually doesn't exist and would be nice to have new employee orientation (live or virtual). On boarding process is time consuming due to the reading and the "on your own" approach

Good Company

Current Employee - Teller in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

-great benefits and great bonuses

Cons

it is true what others say , it really depends on the branch , you will get a great bonuses if you work with a branch that cares about the whole team and their goals. The WOW is a team effort and if no one is on-board then you get stuck in a branch where your bonus is dependent of your sales. In the other hand if the sales are there and the customer service is also there, then wow your life is easier. Except for your balancing.

Take note of what other managers are doing at other branches, if your wow is at 55% you are clearly doing something wrong.

Decent training at first. Most managers and coworkers lack intellectual understanding of finance outside of their job.

Former Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, large bank network to eventually move around to other departments.

Cons

Cheap managers, pay lower than other major banks, and the "meat and potato" style of banking gets old. By that I mean the bank runs its employees and uses them saying that if they exhaust themselves they will be recognized. No frills or concerns what the employees think about it. Those that exhaust themselves are sometimes recognized, but usually not in a meaningful way.

Bank is also acquiring lots of assets trying to become bigger than JP Morgan. And because of that, has messed up its budget and its paying its employees less than they deserve.

That take it or leave it mentality you have in Wholesale Loan Services and everywhere else leaves you with stupid analysts that have caused a muck of your MRA program, and little intellectual value at your bank, which is why you trail the other leaders.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!