Wells Fargo Reviews

Reset
1.1
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

1. Be ready to put in a lot of hours!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because it is a large corporation, there is plenty of room for upward movement. The pay is decent (about average for the banking industry) and bonuses can be large but you have to work extremely hard to get them.

Cons

There is no work/life balance; my family has to come second and that is it. As a Store Manager, I am expected to meet all of the sales goals (through coaching my bankers) and will be written up if I don't meet those expectations. Because I am salary, I work 6 days/60 hours per week and it doesn't matter to upper management.

Advice to Management

Help managers obtain work/life balance so we can be happy in a CAREER instead of a temporary job due to burn out.

2. Sales pressure galore!!

Current Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It looks good on your resume.

Cons

None! There is a reason they are constantly hiring, it's because people are constantly quitting.If you think you are hiring on to be a teller and process bank transactions you are in for a shock. Tellers are sellers...period. Your every word and moment of interaction with a customer is for one goal only, to provide an up for the bankers, called "solutions" as if every customer has a problem and you're providing the solution. A solution is merely a means of Wells Fargo getting in every customer"s pocket as deeply as they can and extracting the most money they can from them. You will be evaluated and observed on EVERY conversation you have with a customer, graded on it, and it become a part of your permanent employee record. The benefits are not a big plus, I certainly can't afford the health coverage on the wage they pay. Constant stress and pressure for minimal pay.If sales are your thing and you are good at it there are PLENTY of other companies they pay better than this one.

Advice to Management

They could care less what advise their employees give them, they don't even care about the customers that keep them in business much less the employees. The ONLY thing they care about are the shareholders and their ever increasing profits....period.

Showing 2 of 9,732 reviews