Wells Fargo Reviews

Reset
3.5
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

1. Great Company, Opportunities for Advancement, Competitive Pay

Former Employee - Teller in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Teller in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay Managers are very flexible with work schedules The benefits are outstanding Bonuses are not too hard to obtain You can advance very quickly, I just had to leave to go back to school! The training is paid and trains you very well

Cons

There is a large bureaucracy at Wells Fargo, all sorts of reports and silly things for you to sign Parts of your conversations with customers are scripted, down to the phrases you say. Goals are large so they are pushy about you at least making sales pitches, but its easy

Advice to Management

Please cut down on the silly stuff managers have to do to keep the tellers and bankers accountable. Everyone is doing their job and the managers are going crazy with their reports. No one can do their work everyone is signing for each other.

2. Great experience, people were fun, sales goals were steep, would do again.

Current Intern - Intern in Lincoln, NE
    Current Intern - Intern in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Wells Fargo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the ability to work independently and with other team members. The project laid out was fairly comprehensive but it was a pleasing challenge.

Cons

Bank retailers at sales oriented establishments need to stay true to the vision and values and look out for the customer, not the sale.

Advice to Management

Get rid of such high sales goals. It will corrupt the retail side of Wells Fargo.

3. Did not enjoy working here

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits, plenty of paid time off

Cons

Ridiculous sales goals, customer survey expectations are outrageous

Advice to Management

Give employees a voice, get rid of insane sales goals and atrocious customer satisfaction expectations

5. Ring em' dry

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities await you at Wells Fargo if you are hired and are able to put up with their corporate policies and culture. Training is phenomenal. I will keep the skills I've learned here with me for the rest of my life. The products and services are unmatched.

Cons

The company I learned about in training isn't the same company I worked for. There's more to banking than checking accounts and "solutions," but that's really all that matters at the end of the day. You can do what's right for the customer, but if that doesn't result in numbers, then we have a problem. 3 checking accounts and 15 solutions (or sales) one day doesn't matter when you only get 4 solutions the next. Expect lots of scripting here, ridiculous stipulations to work around to keep accounts free for customers, and lots of stress.

Advice to Management

You only value your employees when they produce. Numbers may matter, but they aren't everything. Loosen up a bit, and you will have fewer customers with accounts and services that were either pushed onto them or they didn't sign up for. Turnover would be much lower, and fewer employees across all levels of the company wouldn't get fired for cheating on numbers.

6. "Huge goals, opportunity to advance"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great opportunity for growth and advancement, especially if you're willing to relocate to a larger city within the US.

Cons

Goals are always waaaaaaaaaaaaay above what's attainable, and go up 10% each year. If you reach the goal, it wasnt set high enough for you. Long hours, little care about life outside of work, no time adjust days for working 9 hours on Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Try to support PTO, rather than making people feel guilty for investing time in their personal life.

Great company to work for if you're a competitive person who enjoys sales

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

1. Great Benefits 2. Competitive company 3. One of America's Great Companies 4. Receive incentives for sales 5. Depending on management, Awesome! Wells Fargo is a great company that has opportunities abound, the company is so solid I am proud to say that I work for Wells Fargo.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that people who are not competitive or strive to be the best, like myself, may not love this job as much as me. The constant talk of sales may wear on some, but if you approach it as providing solutions to your customers, like we are doing, then it's a cakewalk.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can say that I see as a problem down the road is that unless we keep coming out with new and better products, we may possibly oversatuarate the market with our products. Certain district managers need to understand that there are branches that do not receive as much traffic and cannot stand a chance to accomplishing as many sales as another branch that may receive twice the traffic and opportunity.

8. Wells Fargo can be a great place to grow.

Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Future job opportunities if you perform well at your current job

Cons

Management gets tunnel vision and focus too much on certain catagories

Advice to Management

make job growth a more personal experience and not so robotic

Showing 7 of 9,284 reviews