Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

263 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at Wells Fargo was very educational and I learned a lot.

Consumer Loan Underwriter III (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsWells Fargo truly values their employees and reward them in many ways. They have great benefits.

ConsThe work environment was great.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything was great.

Great company with great benefits and a good place to grow professionally.

Teller (Former Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsGreat company to have on your resume, pay is OK with yearly raises and quarterly bonuses, good opportunities to advance your career

ConsYour fate is in the hands of your managers, office politics can be overwhelming, stressful sales goals

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a career path action plan a priority so employees can always be working for where they want to go

customer service

Customer Service (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFriendly working atmosphere, get to meet lot of customers from different fields

ConsPressure for sales and low compensation

Advice to Senior Managementimprove benefits to employees and see the results

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Allows enhancement of valuable skills, but sales tactics are wrong

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsWells fargo offers a competitive industry salary with bonus potential
    Looks good on a resume if you are able to stay for a while
    Will develop valuable sales and customer service skills

ConsSales expectations are unrealistic and aggressive. Customer's come in wanting to cash a check and you are supposed to open them a "vacation savings account" so your branch can hit its goals
    Daily sales goals are to be met and you are checked in on 2-3 times a day to see where you are
    They want to you me an ATM machine that sells. You literally have at least 5 "value phrases" to say to customer each time they sit down, or you can be disciplined

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerating business is crucial to a profitable company, that's obvious, but treat your employes with a little more respect. Also, the way you want to bring in the business seems like a scam for the customer.

Great company.

Business Banking Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsStrong brand name and community presence.

ConsNeed to do more to support their employees. HR does a terrible in providing opportunities for employees that seek to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be like another Bank of America.

Great place to work

Bank Teller (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsCoworkers were awesome. Flexible schedule.

ConsSometimes we would have to deal with rude customers.

Wells Fargo is a great place to work. Ethical, honest, and good to employees.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood compensation, recognition, support, company values.

ConsToo many layoffs lately. I wish there was more stability.

Honestly, a great place to work!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

Prospromotions, money is okay if you're young and don't have a lot of responsibilities.

Consculture, it really depends on the district you're with and there are way way too many gray areas when it comes to management, favoritism etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou put way too much effort and money into hiring and training amazing professionals who will ABSOLUTELY rock at any other bank, stop losing these professionals to other companies because of higher pay and better treatment.

Shady

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood pay, good benefits, and you can move up within the company pretty fast as long as you do the "shady" stuff they want you to do.

ConsThe shady stuff.. Overworking employees when it comes to sales. Sales goals are ridiculous! They will tell you to open customers X amount of accounts for customers they truly do not need. There's soooo many cons about this shady company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like slaves, you don't have to make them do all that shady stuff for just some BS recognition. Lower sales goals, treat employees right. And understand that it's not about quantity more so about quality.

Awful Management

Unerwriter (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsNot much, hardly no OT - could be due to the nature of the business, very volume driven

ConsIncompetent and uneducated management, lack of training....

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to attend a management boot camp

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!