Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I enjoy working here.

Home Loan Processor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey do take care of their employes.

ConsI did not like being laid off

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of laying people off, work the employees less hours until the line of business picks up.

A lot of expectations for little pay

Teller (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Prosflexible schedule, promote from within

Consexpectations for tellers to complete complicated transactions while selling products are too high

sales sales sales. Thats all the company wants

Personal Banker I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWe make amazing money. Advance quickly through the company.

ConsAll they care about is sales. If you can't meet your sales goal you will not have a job for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer not the sales aspect. Our reputation is shattered because all we care about is sales

teller

Teller (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsThe hours were okay, never had to work Sundays, and home by 7 the latest. Also, working in the Merchant room was kind of fun.

Consvery pushy with sales, micro managed, the managers were horrible, dishonest people got ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing! If there is nothing wrong with how the person performed, don't go making stuff up!!

Great college job.

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Prosbenefits and great for college students.

Consmanagers are incompetent and only want to beat other branches and do not care about the long term commitments.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your employees and clients

Meh...

Personal Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo

ProsThe culture of the company was pretty laid back and the job offered the opportunity to work with many different people in different areas. Great job for students in college.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for advancement and career development. Somewhat monotonous.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't just dictate orders such as sales goals, etc. Seek more employee feedback.

Do not take this position unless you know people who can help you move up!

Personal Banker I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo

ProsThe benefits are really good especially if you plan on having a baby. Gain good experience in the finacial industry with a company that is secure and well respected. They train you a ton and you can learn a lot.

ConsYou are stuck in every position for at least a year with no exceptions. Once you get a degree they dont care and you wont be promoted. Wells is very political and you'll move up only if you network well. They stress performance but when it comes down to it, it's all about who you know. Management is typically left over from early mergers and they are way past their prime. The older managers have no idea what's going on and no product knolwedge. You work at a fast pace and are expected to bring in huge goals for the company while paying you peanuts for comission's. They completely weeded out the Financial Advisors. You'll be expected to wear suits for a 15/hr job! They want you to look profesional but treat you like children, seriously...You will always only be considered a number. The turn over rate is huge because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you would expect from your employees. Try to not be so political. Give credit where is credit is due. You'd be nothing without your banker's sales.

Horrible place to work. Only take a job their if you do not want to get drug tested and have a criminal record.

WFF Credit Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo

ProsJob title.. everyone knows who Wells Fargo is. Good benefits.

ConsManagement always wants u to sell sell sell and u don't see anything for a bonus at the end of the month even when u hit your goals. Products are horrible and the same thing. Customers know the scam that you are trying to pull on them when you call them. Can not feel good about the products you sell to customers, and you have to put on a straight face and "don't think for the customer" who doesn't know how to manage their finances and that is why they are seeing Wells Fargo Financial predatory lender.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling ridiculous products to customers that do not help their financial situation to the slightest degree and have realistic expectations for sales goals.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings in Mesa, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.