Wells Fargo

7,127 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,561 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

315 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is just the best out there that was able to challenge me each and every day.

Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Everything was the best here. Loved every minute of my day with Wells Fargo.

Cons

I see no cons working for Wells Fargo

Had great managers when I worked for Wells Fargo for over 10 years. I was able to learn so much knowledge from them where I could take it to the next level with my career.

Great experience thus far

Current Employee - Transfer Agent in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Transfer Agent in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Working for a company with a proven track record.
    Enjoy the responsibility given and the diversity within the company

Cons

The starting salary is lower than average.

Great experience

Former Employee - Insurance Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Insurance Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

I really enjoy working here. It was a good experience and everyone I worked with was nice.

Cons

If you are temporary you can only work for 18 months if you are not hired on. Rarely anyone gets hired on, they just get a new temp.

Teller

Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good benefits. Very flexible. Easy to work for if you enjoy sales.

Cons

Always wants to make sure that you are on your toes about customer service. Customers can be rude to you management will take their side.

Please make sure that you choose managers that are right for the positions based on everything and just not solutions.

Communicate

Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Very nice, clean, business model and functions were very good.

Cons

The communication was bad. If someone needed or wanted something, it would not be communicated until the situation escalated.

Work on communication

Company is great for first professional career.

Former Employee - Service Manager and Other Positions Held in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Service Manager and Other Positions Held in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

learn professionalism with coaching consistantly.

Cons

once in retail, if youd like to persue different deparment, it almost impossible, they love to promote only in retail

Dont make employees feel like numbers and stop promoting employess that you personally like but those who deserve it due to hard work

Typical corporate America company

Current Employee - Retirement Service Representative in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Retirement Service Representative in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits package that can potentially be very attractive. Good student reimbursement program and 401ks

Cons

Discrimination is at the highest level in this company. Minority do not have lots of room to grow. The pay rate for a minority doing the same job as a majority is totally different.

Practice what you preach - treat your minority employees with respect and give them the same opportunity as the majority employees.

Mortgage Loan Officer

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leads, resources, book of business, huge market share. Great place to get started as a mortgage officer

Cons

too many levels of management makes it very difficult to get things approved and loans done. 100% commission with a draw, if you have a bad month of two, makes it very difficult to get back on track.

Offer stock options or larger bonuses to front line employees, such as tellers, bankers, mortgage officers, because basically everyone that is front line (the face of the business) and deals with the customers get very little pay, extremely small bonuses. Those positions also have teribly high turn over because of the pay issues, making it hard to build good relations between referral sources and customer satisfaction. Constantly new employees equal lots of issues. An annual bonus or something for them to stay aboard would be very beneficial to the entire company.

Client Services Consultant

Former Employee - Client Service Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Client Service Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo is an excellent company and, given the size of the organization, does an outstanding job of taking care of its employees at all levels. Excellent opportunities for career advancement within and amongst the different businesses and great support for continuing education.

Cons

As large a company as WF is, it is easy to get lost in the crowd if you do not go out of your way to network and connect, especially between business units. They do offer many opportunities and programs to help people overcome this, but if you are not willing to put in the time and effort, it may seem overwhelming to move up.

continue to take the employee surveys seriously and listen to what they say. Communication is key in such a large organization, so error on the side of over communicating.

Great company with great teams, projects and systems

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Top notch senior resources; every technology one can imagine, including ongoing research and POCs into the latest technologies; managers are hit and miss - some are extraordinary; great training available if you land in the right unit and division

Cons

WF would have a 5-star rating but for compensation and opportunities for advancement. The compensation is based on unfair regional pay categories that do not necessarily differentiate between urban centers and rural areas ... one you reach a midpoint and you are the top classification for your job category, it can be very hard to change roles, forcing great employees to leave. The benefits are terrible. Tons of time wasted in meetings. The division you are in can be terrible in terms of management and opportunities ... bad stuff rolls downhill. It is easy to transfer divisions, but that means proving yourself all over again.

Pay more. Rebel against HR to change the midpoint system or you are going to lose employees like me.