Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Minnesota

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

277 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Strong Corporate Company - Awful to it's Employees

Interim Loan Document Specialist IV (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsGood pay, benefits, and people

ConsAwful expectations and the managers are HORRIBLE

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be trained better and they should be less manipulative and vindictive

What was once a good company Wachovia is working on destroying

Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsUsed to be a great place to work. Used to have great benefits. Used to value it's older employees.

ConsHealth benefits offered not great. If someone doesn't do well in the company they promote them to management instead of training them properly or simply firing them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the old ways when you used to value your employees, they are the back bone of your company. You're losing some great people because you're not willing to treat them fairly.

pretty good

Teller (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Prosget to work in a business environment
    easy to move up in the company

Consyou do a lot of work for not a lot of money
    customers can be mean
    your constantly being pushed to make sales
    lots of back seat driving

Advice to Senior Managementthey need to let the tellers breathe
    they have way to high of expectations for some branches where it is almost impossible to meet the goals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wells Fargo Great Place to work

Phone Banker (Current Employee) Shoreview, MN

ProsGreat Benefits, Vacation, and chance to move up within the company.

ConsStressful sales pressure and having to work on Sunday.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it so hard to reach bonuses.

Great place for professional development

Project Management (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsVariety of business lines to move around; multiple career paths to management; ability to work in very diverse teams

ConsLimited leadership opportunities; low turnover of team members within HR

Good compensation, Horrible Support, Very Stats Focused

Phone Banker (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

ProsThey take really good care of their employees as far as pay, medical, 401k, credit discounts. The other phone bankers all don't like their job but that's a call center for you and it creates a fun environment because they do things to make you forget how bad the work actually is. The more you try to promote a fun-balanced workplace the faster you will move up. They are also one of the most innovative companies i have worked for. They spare no expense to make sure you have what you need. They spend an average of $10,000 to train in their reps so you will know more about banks and bank regulations then you ever wanted to, 7 weeks of it to be exact.

ConsSupervisors are very very anal about your performance metrics. If you aren't constantly appearing as if you are trying to improve, they will let you go without warning. The reason i left Wells was because the call center i was located in(Shoreview, MN) constantly had technical problems with their computers, this would make your performance metrics appear a lot lower then they actually are, now this happened twice right before i was to get performance bonuses. I ended up not getting about $3000 in bonuses due to this because according to them, even though they agree the metrics were incorrect, they wont change them and you miss your bonus. Several others i worked with left for this reason and what do you know they have been sued for this many times before. That being said, if you are having trouble finding work and dont mind being watched like a hawk and nagged at every moment and can just put up with that like i did(to a point) this is a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the reason you are constantly hiring is not because people are getting promoted, but because people leave when their concerns are treated like dirt.

A great place to work

Systems Architect (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood people, opportunity to advance, goog pay and benefits, variety of locations, opportunity for travel within the US, great place to gain valuable experience

ConsLarge corporation, very conservative, lack of visionary leadership in some lines of business, some managers don't have the necessary skills to be successful and/or enable the success of their teams

Advice to Senior ManagementAttention to details, be more involved in the success of your teams

Good pay with hyper micromanagement

Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsEasy job that paid really well. hours were fairly flexible. the people that worked there were professional. the home mortgage campus was nice.

Consthe corporate stuff is borderline ridiculous. I dealt with it by telling myself my inflated pay was to deal with all of their corporate garbage. that was really the only bad thing about it.

Advice to Senior Managementgood company overall but stop the micromanagement. if people are doing to job well let them be if not let them go.

Wells Fargo is an excellent workplace for IT professionals looking for a team environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTeam atmosphere
    Professionalism of teammates
    Outstanding Management
    Fairness
    Opportunity for advancement
    Good amount of PTO
    Opporttunity to telecommute when appropriate

ConsNight time deployments
    Constant multitasking
    Very Fast Paced Environment
    Constant Change
    Health Plan has changed to HSA or FSA model

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to continue to keep people as a competetive advantage, the benefits package needs to be improved. Pay has always been toward the middle rather than high end, but benefits have been your best way of showing appreciation and keeping quality people. By diluting the health care plan and eliminating the cash balance plan, I think it will result in a proportional dilution of quality skilled staff (management and IT). As an employee who wants to stay long term (to retirement) with Wells, it makes me concerned that not only will I have to sacrifice some benefits, but I also won't be working with the best people. My team has had 3 exits since the health plan change where that was the primary reason cited - those were the best developers on our team.

Relaxed atmosphere, great coworkers and work/life balance, but utrained RMs/TMSCs, overly bureaucratic.

Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsRelaxed work environment, great office, pretty much guaranteed your days off, coworkers are very skilled and exceptional at working together as a team, lots of great training.

ConsNo opportunities for advancement, ever-changing auditing regulations make for inconsistent case processing, the relationship managers and sales associates usually have no idea what the process of adding these products is, therefore cases get rejected making it inconvenient for the customer, it can sometimes take up to two weeks to hear back from a customer regarding necessary forms when management doesn't want cases open for more than a couple days, we can't fix customers' issues without a formal request from their relationship manager or sales associate, so you have to tell them you can't do anything (when really, you are completely able to fix their issue in seconds, but due to the corporate structure of the department, you have to refer them to a line of people who usually have no idea what the customer is talking about and cause delays).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe customers have to sign dozens of acceptance forms to add the requested products to their accounts. The forms we have to collect considerably slow down the process, especially when RMs need to approve them as well, and they are always out of office on business. The customers need access to their accounts NOW. Also, please consider placing RMs and TMSCs through Implementation training so they understand how they are supposed to make their requests, what these products actually do for the customer, and how they are setup so we don't have to keep rejecting their cases.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!