Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Nevada

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights
44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

fair

Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosgood benefits, work life balance

Consterrible management, @ least mine was

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the bad ones

I love helping people make there dreams come true , and plan for the furture

Personal Banker I (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsManagement in my branch is very bad

Conshelping first time home buyer

Advice to Senior ManagementI think in every type of sales , having some one recommend to others. I knowing you did your job right the first time, what a gift!

Good job during college

Service MANAGER I (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosdecent pay and flexible schedule

Conshigh pressure to increase sales

Advice to Senior Managementenforce what you teach

ConsThere is no Cons. The people that I interviewed were very nice and friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Ok

Teller (Current Employee) Henderson, NV

Prosco workers, management, flexible schedule

Conssales, might be a little bit boring, stress

Great company to work for if you can handle high sales pressure

Licensed Personal Banker II (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsOne of the most stable banks in the nation, excellent reputation, efficient business model, great benefits, such as 401 k match, Roth 401 k option, flexible vacation days, available resources, continuous education, etc.

ConsReally high sales goals, which results in high turn over, excessive reporting at all levels including conference calls, check lists, logs, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in retaining talent, be more connected with your "front line", do not solely rely on the reporting system.

Intern

Financial Intern (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThere was a Professional and positive environment

ConsLacks in training and education

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved, and train on what is best for the customers

Company has a lot of potential that gets warped by unrealistic sales goals.

Teller (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsI enjoyed the personal aspect of my job. I love people and interacting with them came naturally to me. I liked when I was able to save someone money or give them a tool to better their lives. If I worked hard, I was rewarded with bonuses and recognition. There is the ability to move up quickly (although this has a lot to do with their incredibly high turnover rate) and my managers always worked hard to help me when I needed it.

ConsAs a teller especially, you work incredibly hard for not very much money. They will use the possibility of a promotion to take advantage of you, so you try harder and do things that aren't in your job description, up until the moment you consider transferring branches and suddenly a spot will open up for you. The sales pressure is incredibly high, far overshadowing the importance of customer service and ethics. People become nothing more than a number to you, and to be really successful you often have to take advantage of customers. Management also expects your Wells Fargo job to be your entire life and your top priority, often over education, family, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer service rather than filling quotas, and be genuine about the possibility of advancement.

Difficult but highly motivating

Service Manager II (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsThe hours are great, the pay is comparable to other financial institutions, the people you meet, they allow you to challenge yourself, the personal and professional growth, training is adequate.

ConsHigh sales goals that lead to others selling things that a customer doesn't need ("gaming"), endless meetings, calls all day long explaining why you did/ didn't do something, other Service Managers being like a clique, staying very late if a TM is out of balance, or going to work on your day off when a TM calls in.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the way you do sales. This is only hurting your customers, and TMs are getting too stressed out to truly understand the value in "doing what's right for the customer." Stop with the 3 times a day call meetings. It is ridiculous.

Hours and Benefits were nice but Pressure to Sell

Teller (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsIf you achieve your sales goals, compensation can be really nice (depending on your hours, $200 - $1300 as a teller). Also, the PTO is very generous, also they offer pay for community service, and paid holidays.

I was a full time student as well while working it and they worked really well with my schedule, however, that was at my particular branch, a friend at another location quit because they refused to work around her schedule. Also, you always have Sundays off so nice to make plans around.

The people I worked with, especially at my branch, were GREAT! We all got along and were very close. The company likes to build a strong team so they do a lot of branch events which can be really fun!

ConsA lot of pressure on sales. This is a sales position!!

Customers can be VERY difficult at times, I mean come on, you're dealing with their money, and they are a bank, there are fees.

Hours compared to other banks are not the best (i.e. Saturdays, WF is open until 4 while most others are closed by 2, if they are even open).

Some of the higher management has unrealistic goals. It has been a long time since they worked within a branch and therefore do not understand what really goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on positivity and encouragement.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!