Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

87 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good experience

Trust Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood work environment, benefits, pay reasonable

ConsAdvancement limited in certain areas.

Disappointing Merit Increases---get worse every year!

Treasury Services Associate III (Current Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsSolid company with a long standing history.

ConsAdvancing your career is challenging as you are one of many and need to really be in front and on top of your managers to get seen and recognized. Compensation is also very low and merit increases do not even cover cost of living increases. A very conservative company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your merit increases based on cost of living increases and try to offer something a little higher. If you are doing above average work you should be compensated for it at an above average level.

Big banks are on downtrend

Bank Manager (Current Employee)
    Holmdel, NJ

ProsThe pros are compensation is average and the products and services are better then competing banks.

ConsConstant staff shortages, lack of team motivation and support from management. Heavy push on sales and not enough support to maintain business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some energy and compensation around doing the right thing and customer service

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Custo MN Er Service Representative I (Current Employee)
    Wayne, NJ

ProsJob training, growth opportunities, nice people to work with

ConsJob stability, layoffs are prevelent when business is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain good employees instead of having layoffs.

Great Company

CSSR (Former Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsGreat training program / corporate culture

ConsI didn't experience any cons

wells fargo is a good company but needs to upgrade their management and staff

Personal Banker I (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgreat vacation time, decent compensation when your do actually get the high sales goals, observes almost all holidays and paid for it

Conssome of the challenges include hitting the high sales goals management expects from you, no one wants to bank because there isnt enough locations or interest rates are too low

PWM Associate

Associate (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat team, fast paced learned lots!

ConsLong hours, but other than that great experience!

I've thoroughly enjoyed working there as I've met alot of great people and I've been able to build my skill set.

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere's no shortage of great people that I've met whilst working there. Eventhough I've gotten promoted to another store, I'm still in contact with most of my co-workers who I worked with at my previous location. Depending on your store's location, the potential exists to make good extra money through their compensation plan; higher volume stores will be goal mines for business. Altogether, I think their banking system is incredibly advanced so it makes the work of the retail banking staff much easier.

ConsOverall, the company itself has many great things to offer as they are a full service financial institution. However, as they are so new to the NY market there are definite challenges as far as sales are concerned because they're competing with so many other banks that already dominate the marketplace. Also, with some of the recent changes to the compensation plan, getting compensated has a number of technicalities and it can sometimes be challenging to understand the complexities of the plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think upper management needs to get better at employee retention and succession planning.

Fun

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPays well. Nice bonuses. good park. Gives nice health care package. Great Team colors.

ConsNo one here is nice. I feel like my job is pointless. I have moral dillemas with this job. long hours

Advice to Senior Managementgimme more money

First Union National Bank, is an excellent company

Bank Teller (Former Employee)
    West Paterson, NJ

ProsExcellent company and benefits. I worked at this bank for 2 years. They paid well and had great benefits.

ConsAfter two years, they merged with Wachovia. Who had a lot of changes and different ways of banking. Wachovia treated their employees as numbers, while first union treated their employees like family and friends. First union was about customers and Wachovia was about numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt the time I worked there, the upper management was great, they treated you well like family.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All 87 reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.