Wells Fargo

Updated Mar 2, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

58 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Contracting through Wells Fargo.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe place was very orderly and there was a good vibe from the people who worked there.

ConsThe contracts are somewhat short, but do get renewed as needed. Some politics on the project made moving forward a little strange.

it is a great place to work if they paid enought to live

Home Loan Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsThe name brand, they are pro customer, fees are resonable

ConsIt is way to diffucult to make it with very little leads provided with not enough income. Zero base salary and you have to pay them back every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the servicing of the mortgage portfolio to market and distribute the leads evenly

One of the BEST Companies I have ever worked for!!

UW II (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Benefits. Flexible. Provides training. Take care of their displaced workers.

ConsNot addressing what needs to be addressed once the info is out on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep what should be confidential, just that. Too many rumors get out and tend to hit the morale of the Employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Demanding, but really value their employees

Phone Banker (Former Employee)
Salem, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are many opportunities for growth within the company and supervisors are very career and skill development oriented. The benefits better and more affordable than to be expected. There are many ways to get involved in the company and give back to the community.

ConsIn the consumer area, there are very demanding sales goals that are often emphasized more than customer service, which seems contrary to company values. You have to be in your current position for quite a while before you can move within (6 months within departments, 1 year out of department) the company, so it had better be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake HR more personable, not one size fits all. You're losing out on some very hard working, personable team members if they are unhappy in their current position and have very limited mobility options.

Great place to grow your career. The opportunity for advancement and bonuses is possible and spelled out.

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you are very successful at exceeding your quarterly quotas the opportunity for bonuses is plentiful. It is pretty clear what you need to do to get promoted.

Conshigh sales goals detract from the customer service.

Advice to Senior Managementto decrease sales goals so tellers and bankers can have an even better customer service experience. better customer service retains customers. make college checking accounts free for college students to gain their business.

Relocated for Hire

Underwriter III (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits package included vision and dental

ConsTreated as a number and dispensable. Constantly tested on everything you do and threatened with termination. No interaction among employees encouraged yet they claim we are "team members".

Great people. Horrible job

Phone Banker (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. A lot of leniency with sick days. Free coffee and tea on rest areas.

ConsPressed to sell on every call. A lot of promises not delivered by recruiters. Hard to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementFloor supervisors are great. Lots of other employees are lazy

Too Much For Too Little

Collector I (Current Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsGood company if you are concerned about working for someone with a long history. Most upper management is very nice and treats you well.

ConsRidiculous stats to meet, the job has so many land mines for you to trip over each month to divert you from bonuses...which you NEED to make the low pay bearable. You're told you will get specific shifts then in training they will tell you that you were hired and you need to work what they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the way you treat your employees...just converse more with the people ABOVE you to tell them how the people WORKING in the field actually feel.

Enjoyed working for the company, but they had little loyalty to employees

Merchant Sales (Former Employee)
Eugene, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood training for new employees

Consneeded to increase salary to competer

Advice to Senior Managementimprove loyalty to employees and increase salary ranges

OK for a short period of time

Teller (Former Employee)
Tigard, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can always get time off, they have a set hours no matter how slow business is. Pay is decent but only a dollar more than min wage. There is a little bit of bonus you can get every quarter.

ConsManagers get moved around so much. People are always doing whats better for their sales rather then the customer. Its hard to watch co workers force others into something that will not help them financially.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in one spot. And be nice to your tellers.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings in Oregon — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All 58 reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.