Wells Fargo

7,409 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,705 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very pleasant.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

●Great team environment
    ●Excellent benefits package
    ●nice lay off package
    ●promotes within

Cons

● lay offs
    ● treats temps as step children
    ●if position is being laid off hard to get different position within the company

●Your employees are loyal to you. (Even the temps) should find a better way to avoid the lay offs especially when you have other positions available. Why not train the staff you have versus hiring outside people.

Wells Fargo Review

Former Employee - Office Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Large corp opportunity to learn other jobs

Cons

Large corp very difficult to advance due to job labels create limitations

Employees are not just a number to add to a manager's paycheck

Decent pay but HORRIBLE management and ridiculous goals

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation was decent for the area. I started as a teller making $12 and I left as a lead teller making $14.

Cons

Management is very poor. They set exceptionally high goals and treat employees very poor. Many managers have insisted we stay back later passed our scheduled time to cold call businesses and gain additional accounts.

Treat employees like humans, not animals!

Very professional, team leader, diversity and The Company help the Community

Former Employee - Teller Or Specialist I Or II in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Teller Or Specialist I Or II in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team work, diversity, benefits, help the community, and very security with the costumers matter, give trainings and classes about customers services and confidential of customers,

Cons

Good pay, very nice Health Insurance, all ways training and up date on your job, Diversity, give an opportunity without discriminations....very diversity, Wells Fargo is the first Bank on U.S.A.

Management very nice on all Benefits, Diversity, cultural, sponsor Spanish heritage

boring

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, platform, client relationships, access to branches

Cons

boring, pay. coworkers, work/life balance

not for the faint of heart

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Collections in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Collections in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401 k match dollar for dollar, fully vested after 2 full years of service with the company. Bonuses are offered.

Cons

bonus structure changes often. If you complain, you are answered with the following: bonuses are a perk, not part of your regular pay, so don't count on them. Only saw 1 good manager in my years there, and he quit. Most managers have a GOD complex. Preferential treatment goes to brown noser's especially blatant brown noser's, because they can tattle on their co-workers. If a sup does not like someone's personality, or your look or whatever, they seem to go after people ruthlessly. Micromanagement. We are treated with little respect. A typical week, would consist of my coworkers constantly being called into an office to be raked over the coals, for a minor infraction, imagined, or not, did not seem to matter. Extremely stressful; and hostile environment, not from the customers, but from sups. This is the only place where people in their 20's are extremely disrespectful to coworkers older than themselves. They seem to run the show, so to speak. They get away with a lot, showing up late, calling in sick often, and talking down to anyone older. If you complain to management, often management turns a blind eye, and then you find yourself a target by management. Late night shifts a couple of days a week are mandatory, and so is weekend work. There is no excuses and no adjustments such as single parent, etc.

Hire more professional managers, and sups, put your ego aside. Stop the blatant favoritism. Stop treating your employees like cattle, or worse, indentured servants. Stop telling employees, there is the door if you don't like it, or; we're not sure wells fargo is a good fit for you, what do you think? This is such a thinly veiled threat, and trust me, the employees all talk and compare notes, and we are all hearing the same things from management. Stop punishing an entire team, for what a few people do. We are all adults, we are not in junior high school.

Worst place I ever worked

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was acceptable but could be better

Cons

Training was horrible. Managers did not care if job was completed correctly and when needed help, there was none

Train your managers to be a bit more empathetic and to lend a hand when needed

Professional Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay for entry level.
    Great experience.
    Much room for growth. (They like to hire from within.)
    Paid time off right off the bat.
    Your branch will become some of your best friends.

TIP! They will teach you from the beginning what to do. You need to start from the first day making sales. IT IS KEY! Write in your journal. Ask Questions. Write in your journal! Make friends with the Bankers and they will coach you! Start everything you learned from your training weeks on Day one! If you feel like you are not doing well ask your service managers for tips. Keep notes in your journal on your questions asked and what kind of responses you got. It will help you build your lead questions! ASK OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS!!

Cons

This is a sales job. Do not be confused. It is not hard if you do what they tell you.
    Some of the employees who have been there longer than you will not like you doing things the way you are trained. Just do as you're told and you can succeed.

I think the service managers should do some more formal review sessions with the tellers. Just to keep you fresh on what you learned in training. It would be nice to see the service managers make sales as well. I know they can't all be on drawers, but they can get accounts while helping a Teller.

Let people know in the Teller Job description that the job is hugely weighted with sales. I did not find that out until the branch interview.

Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Personable Management. Helpful atmosphere. Opportunity to grow. Flexible hours. I went to school during my stint and they were supportive with my schedule and class work.

Cons

Heavy focus on sales. At certain times. the position can become tedious. Like with any customer facing business, you will deal with a variety of good and bad customers. At the very least, it teaches you how to be diplomatic. The staff seems always have your back.

It is understandable to focus on sales. However, the approach should be organic and try to approach the customer more holistically.

teller

Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible work schedule part time

Cons

none that i can think of

none