Wells Fargo

7,651 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,813 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

Just do your job

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fair pay
    Good Paid Time Off Program
    Access to health, vision, dental
    TONS of opportunity
    Extensive training

Cons

Incentive plan isn't quite as competitive as the rest of the industry

To answer to some of the other reviews on here, the reality is DO YOUR JOB. People complain about sales and etc. It is the name of the job, Wells Fargo never lies about it, it is sales focused. But goals are manageable if you truly work, make calls and set appointments. If you can manage to just perform, advancement shouldn't be an issue.

Side bar, my trainer had even mentioned in my initial training that when she was doing a large training class with a bunch of managers, all the managers remarked that they had seen people let go left and right for ethics violations but not one knew of an employee that was let go to non-performance on sales. This may vary by market I suppose, but it is true never the less that it takes a lot longer to be let go over performance than trying to unethically perform.

I wish diversity was more inclusive. I really do enjoy working in a more diverse environment, but I feel that if your ideological beliefs don't fall in line with the gay pride movement, than you aren't truly a diverse person. I don't mind, and enjoy the perspective of all people, but I wish they acknowledge that even those who may not agree, or have ideological beliefs that are different are still an important part of diversity, and that by being so liberal in their thoughts it can be exclusive of other.

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Great company to work for but pay is not the best.

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You control your own destiny based on your sales performance. Great to work for a company that encourages career growth. You can move up quickly in the company if you're motivated and hit your sales goals. You are compensated sales and service bonus's when you reach your goals. Great benefits including medical, dental, vision etc. Paid vacation and sick days. Offer 401K plan. Great training. You generally meet and work with great people.

Cons

Pay could be better. Pressure to sale can be overwhelming at times. Sales goals can be difficult to obtain. Micro management often occurs. Company over emphasizes providing customer service. Certain managers fail to develop their team members. Work environment can be cut throat at times because of the aggression to achieve sales goals

Less micro management. Make sales goals a little more realistic. Increase salary

It was GREAT before the merger happened with Wachovia.

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

In the Securities Investments Group it was the best--pre-merger. I learned a lot and had the opportunity to move up.

Cons

Wachovia management.......not senior management but rather the operational management. I was forced to move on because I was pigeonholed into my job and had no where to advance to.

Value your people because you will lose good people!

Good company for professional development

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

world class training, non stop challenges, lots of opportunity for advancement, decent pay, good benefits

Cons

a dog eat dog world. if you are at 100% of goal the question you will get asked is ""how are you going to get to 110% of goal?" if you are at 110% of goal you will be asked "how are you going to get to 120% of goal?" it can be exhausting to work there, nothing you do will be enough, can lead to burnout.

none, they know what they are doing

great place to work

Current Employee - Data Integrity Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Integrity Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good career opportunities for growth.

Cons

Salary not to industry standards

Business Banking Specialist

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

The company as a whole is good to work for.

Cons

work/life balance is very difficult

Do not micromanage every single detail of our daily work.

Data Analyst or Marketing Database Consultant 1

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

laid back, good bonus, 6% 401k match, 23 business days off including sick

Cons

not enough growth within my department

Good benefits

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Flexible
    Empowering
    Team members
    Benefits
    Avalabilty

Cons

Low salary
    Hard to grow
    Lack of knowledgable sr mgmt

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Largest bank in the world by market capitalization, great company with great benefits available to all employees. Competitive salaries with opportunity to make additional income through attainable sales incentive plans.

Cons

The politics can be overwhelming at times, ability to multitask is key as sales priorities change rapidly.