Wells Fargo

6,952 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,479 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 277 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 473 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 550 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 130 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great bank. Reimburse ATM fees

Cons

nothing to note, everything is great

I loved working for this company.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits! It feels great to work for a company that has made a very respectable name for itself.

Cons

Caution - If you do not like intense sales pressure you would not enjoy working on the retail side of wells fargo. This is at times a "con" because too much sales pressure can lead to an unethical work environment and culture.

I would recommend that you constantly reward your employees who do well on a consistent basis! As a manager. i think i would value consistency very much from my employees. If they are a consistently high performing employee it does no good to harass them on the one of two days they do not perform well. I think this is ineffective and a counterproductive tactic because it can discourage that employee, make them feel as though their consistent performance is not appreciated, and can therefore create a subtle resentment towards their manager. I think it is better to focus on the employees who are not performing up to standards.

Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wells Fargo Dealer Services is a great place to work. My time there was was both a joy and a tremendous opportunity for me to grow my skills in the field of credit analysis. WFDS gave me the resources and support to further my career and the atmosphere was highly conducive to teamwork, innovation and personal growth. All and all a great place to work if you are interested in credit, finance, risk management, portfolio management, contract negotiation, business development and business strategy.

Cons

Have to work more weekends than I wanted too and some late nights. Wished the schedule was a little more oriented towards Monday to Friday.

Loan servicing

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

the best company I know out there. They go out of their way to appreciate you. Best people to work with and work for.

Cons

there are no bad comments, only they do some interviews over the phone and I really stink at it and never get a job that way

n/a

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Days off are flexible and compensation is competitive.

Cons

Must be competitive to be promoted.

Great hours, easy job

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, stable job, lot of pto hours

Cons

Low pay, high sales goals

Great

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Understanding to your personal needs and helpful towards achieving your goals

Cons

Time-consuming and results-driven character is not for everyone

Keep on keeping on

Mortgage Consultant

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Commission, good environment, good leadership and lots of opportunity. There a lots of training opportunities available to sharpen skills.

Cons

need to remove some overlays, need to provide base salary to HMC as we still provide service and maintain wells book of business. I not salary just remove draw no point for it.

Michael Franklin and April John in the legal department are top tier.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am listened to, respected, my expectations are clear, and they are NICE.

Cons

Michael and April should balance work/life for themselves a little better, then it would filter down.

Please keep them. Give them raises and bigger offices!!!

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Detroit Lakes, MN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Detroit Lakes, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a bank that will introduce you to all phases of personal banking. I think that's great as it affords you and the company an opportunity to see what you enjoy doing and are good at. The standing policy is that you need to be with Wells for one year before being promoted. I just hit my one year mark and promotion has been brought up by my store manager and my district manager so I am excited about the opportunity to concentrate on specialized areas where I have demonstrated the necessary skills to produce optimum results.
    I drive 45 miles to my location every day because we have a dynamic group of people in a community where I have decades of personal and business connections. Sometimes I wish I worked down the block but it would have to be as a manager because where I am at now I couldn't ask for a better store manager. She keeps it real and she is a company person through and through.

Cons

It's Wells Fargo's way or the highway and with 35 years of sales and customer service experience it's a little tough to swallow sometimes. I'd say it's a little like distributive education class in high school sometimes and they insist you stage coach, lobby lead and do your call backs at specific times during the day so you end up dropping everything that is creating profit and increasing production so you can stand next to a teller and look for new opportunities or greet people and guide them in the right direction at the door. Both of these are noble causes but you would think that a team of professionals would be allowed to produce without being micromanaged to the point of being ridiculous sometimes. Role playing the road map is totally annoying and ridiculing sometimes.

Some people would rather get a steady paycheck and do not mind doing service issues as long as they get their hourly wage. Some employees are more goal orientated and cherish their opportunity to achieve success by being productive and love to earn the incentives and rewards that come with achieving sales goals. My advice; pay someone to do the service work and let the producers produce.