Wells Fargo Reviews

3.3
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
4,496 Ratings

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

9,398 Employee Reviews

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Advice to Management

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Fantastic Company but Sales Culture is Bad for Customers

Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- MANY opportunities for growth. - They promote a lot from within. - Benefits are pretty great. -Company is very diverse. - Pay isn't fantastic but it is competitive. - Many locations for chances to transfer. - You can also move into a different department if you have the requirements for the position.

Cons

- Sales are pushed to the point that bankers are making recommendations that aren't helpful to the customer. - Micro Managed to the point that its incredibly frustrating. - There are so many things to juggle at once: (QA, KDM, Referral Rate, Close Rate, Proxy, Adherence, AHT, etc.) and GOD FORBID one thing is bad, you are almost demonized. - Their attendance policy is SO STRICT. I lost my job because I had to miss a lot of work when I was sick. I wish the occurrences did not count when its for a medical reason.

Advice to Management

Pleaseeeeeee, change the sales culture. The way corporate wants us to sale is so different that what happens on the floor. Bankers are forced to sell even when the customer will not benefit (ahem, second checking accounts). I've had so many customers call to cancel products that they were pushed into that they could not afford.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easily move around company after a year in a position (after applying and interviewing). Extremely flexible in my area, in terms of work times, working from home, scheduling PTO, etc. Coworkers are high caliber. Projects are numerous. Technologies span a wide array. Depending on your role, you can do a ton. Very socially responsible company, especially in the diversity and LGBT space. I am very proud of the great work this company does for the community, and for openly taking a progressive stand on these issues. There is a real desire to be innovative and serving external and internal customers. It would have to be an extraordinary opportunity to get me to leave.

Cons

Career path is B.S. There are reorgs every 18 months, a constant shuffling, so it would be hard for any manager to actually know you. I have had over a dozen managers in ten years. I have never had a development plan in my ten years here. They have a stupid regional "midpoint" compensation system and odd HR job categories that do not match market. I went a few years without a raise because I was over the midpoint, and since I was reorg'd so often, I could not find a manager able to move me up, and there are very openings above my level. It is too hard to get promoted in certain HR categories like Database Analyst 6 and Systems Architect 6, Analytics Manager 5, etc. Bonuses are not that great either.

Advice to Management

Work on better internal advancement and how to retain very experienced professionals. Change the midpoint system and cough up the money to be more competitive. Expand advancement within job categories (eg, Database Analyst 7, 8, 9 , Systems Architect 7, 8, 9). You need to have cost of living increases over the midpoints.

This company actually cares about its employees and customers

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great Work life balance Team member recognition and rewards Everyone cares about customer experience!!!!!!!

Cons

Matrix organizations Multiple review rounds

6. Teller

Current Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get free checking accounts, its easy to move up from within but you have to typically start from the bottom and work your way up

Cons

working in a financial industry customers expect a higher level of service all the time. So there may be times you will get yelled at you have to take it as a grain of salt

7. Would definitely work for them in the future

Current Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the credit department and it was extremely laid back. Casual dress, you can listen to your headphones and eat while you work. There are monthly performance based incentives and bonuses. Maybe twice a month they buy lunch for the office and there's lots of opportunities for overtime.

Cons

Most people have to come in as Temps. It took nearly a year for them to hire me. Some people I heard had to wait 2 years. When they hire you isn't based on your performance at all, it's based on when they have the budget. So you work really hard and have amazing stats but still get paid less than a permanent employee who does virtually nothing.

Advice to Management

Do more for the employees who actually come in and work hard on a consistent basis. Other than that management is great!

8. Phone Bank

Pros

This position come with great benefits and also great opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

The pay is not as this same position in other companies, also everything is handled by seniority which is unfair at times when you try harder and do better than people that have been there longer

Wells Fargo Advisors

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst II in Imperial, MO
    Current Employee - Business Process Analyst II in Imperial, MO

Pros

Great Culture, great benefits, great people. Employees are recognized and given opportunity to advance to other positions.

Cons

A lot of people change jobs and the knowledge transfer and training in some areas is very poor. The WFA Channels work in silos, would like to see more unity.

Growth, Education, Opportunity,

Current Employee - Licensed Premier Banker in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Premier Banker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth Excellent training gained through on the job experiences Diverse group of employees including Well respected company

Cons

Sales culture can be counter productive at times Very Political "what have you done for me lately" attitude Service is emphasized but sales always becomes priority over all

Advice to Management

invest in your people, lead by example, quality over quantity.

11. Bilingual Phone Banker

Current Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great pay and Co-workers all great. If it wasn't for a sickness Id stay with the company for a longer period of time.

Cons

My schedule. Cant change your schedule until after you've been with the company for a long time and even then its a shift bid your not guaranteed the schedule.

Showing 9,398 of 9,732 reviews