www.wellsfargo.com

7,082 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,543 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

I have gone from Teller to Banker to Assistant Manager and now to BBS in less than 3 years and you can too.

Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Upward mobility potential is high and management works with you to ensure that you're on track to achieving the next promotion.

Cons

Unrealistic goals and very "widget" oriented selling. Community banking (retail) management has misguided what banks should focus on and oftentimes prefer that you get 15 debit cards ordered rather than a new private bank client because it's so much of a numbers game for solutions.

Learn from smaller banks that actually deliver on their promise to take care of their clients finances with genuine advice rather than open up 4 additional accounts to rotate $25 back and forth so that you get credit for more solutions that day. You say that your best resource is your people then why do you hire incompetent bankers from non-financial backgrounds to cross-sell products they don't understand? You will ultimately hurt your reputation even if they can open up 5 more accounts per person with whatever make-believe argument you can convince someone to agree to in order to hit your goal.

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

I loved working for this company.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits! It feels great to work for a company that has made a very respectable name for itself.

Cons

Caution - If you do not like intense sales pressure you would not enjoy working on the retail side of wells fargo. This is at times a "con" because too much sales pressure can lead to an unethical work environment and culture.

I would recommend that you constantly reward your employees who do well on a consistent basis! As a manager. i think i would value consistency very much from my employees. If they are a consistently high performing employee it does no good to harass them on the one of two days they do not perform well. I think this is ineffective and a counterproductive tactic because it can discourage that employee, make them feel as though their consistent performance is not appreciated, and can therefore create a subtle resentment towards their manager. I think it is better to focus on the employees who are not performing up to standards.

Great company

Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great team, close distance from home , good pay , flexible hours

Cons

Meeting sales goals/pressure of goals

Don't harrass employeesto meet goals just give good advice

Great Company

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Care for their employees very much, and the pay was excellent. I would definitely consider working there again anytime soon.

Cons

Their time-off policies aren't amazing. Could use a little bit of work in that area, because i needed them for all the jewish holidays.

I would show some more support to the interns there. No pay was a bit rough for the other people working there.

Personal banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot and meet a lot of people.

Cons

High goals. You success is base off of others credit score.

Treat people with respect

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

I loved working for this company.

Cons

Was laid off earlier this year due to lack of work.

Loan Doc Specialist - Interim

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture is pretty good, good training and atmosphere. Decent monthly incentives. Listed as interim, but became a full time position.

Cons

was listed as an interim position, but became full time. Did get laid off due to rates increasing - not the companys fault. Most people disliked all the calling that was required, but most the people you talk to are pretty easy to deal with

Consult more with the people actually doing the job to determine changes that need to be made - other than that, all good.

Senior Vice President and Creative Director

Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Creative Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Creative Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can confidently say that in the two roles I had Wells Fargo in corporate (not customer facing) departments they do play nice. They mean well, have good manners, and genuinely care about it's employees. They don't move too quickly so there is plenty of time to prepare for change. They try hard to communicate whats going on in the industry, the company and at a department level. I would work for Wells in again in a heart beat. Good, nice people with solid ethics.

Cons

They can be extremely slow. They lack innovative passion. I don't know of too many other company's that size that don't have an internal innovation lab. This would help attract younger employees, more creatives, and help retention

See cons above

Solid conservative bank

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, lots of room to move up if you work hard and lots of opportunities to learn. Also different paths to move in your career.

Cons

Politics, management is very hierarchical. Just learn how to navigate it.

Don't be cheap on retaining good employees.