Wells Fargo Reviews

3.3
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
4,342 Ratings

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

8,946 Employee Reviews

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Advice to Management

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Fantastic Company but Sales Culture is Bad for Customers

Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- MANY opportunities for growth. - They promote a lot from within. - Benefits are pretty great. -Company is very diverse. - Pay isn't fantastic but it is competitive. - Many locations for chances to transfer. - You can also move into a different department if you have the requirements for the position.

Cons

- Sales are pushed to the point that bankers are making recommendations that aren't helpful to the customer. - Micro Managed to the point that its incredibly frustrating. - There are so many things to juggle at once: (QA, KDM, Referral Rate, Close Rate, Proxy, Adherence, AHT, etc.) and GOD FORBID one thing is bad, you are almost demonized. - Their attendance policy is SO STRICT. I lost my job because I had to miss a lot of work when I was sick. I wish the occurrences did not count when its for a medical reason.

Advice to Management

Pleaseeeeeee, change the sales culture. The way corporate wants us to sale is so different that what happens on the floor. Bankers are forced to sell even when the customer will not benefit (ahem, second checking accounts). I've had so many customers call to cancel products that they were pushed into that they could not afford.

3. Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great staff, cares about employees, motivate you to succeed and provide you with tools needed to make it happe

Cons

No cons that I can think of

5. Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great pay,hours,benefits very easy and fun work environment

Cons

Policies on drawer shortages and overages, favorites are defiantly a thing in this company

Advice to Management

Don't be friends with your enployees be a boss

6. Technology Summer Analyst

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great team. Really kept the work interesting and was given real responsibility. However the drags in development are definitely evident when working in a bank, as everything has to undergo lots of QA and requirement analysis.

Cons

I feel it really depends what team you are on; the floor out in san francisco is not quite as loud and really stays quiet, so the atmosphere can feel a bit down.

Advice to Management

Keep the workload up, as there is nothing worse than sitting and twiddling your thumbs as an intern. The management team is very knowledgeable and the mentor/manager spending time with me allowed me to learn a lot.

7. Business Process Analyst

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for growth and development. Supportive and collaborative environment. Great company culture that truly embodies the value of people as it's competitive advantage. Great benefits package and depending upon management, there may be a ton of flexibility.

Cons

Depending upon the department can be very hierarchical. Structured training not offered in various roles.

8. Good Company to Work For, Sales Culture Not For All

Former Employee - Teller in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture of inclusion and progressive values. Good people at its core. Plenty of opportunities to move forward in the company.

Cons

Very strong sales culture. There is a temptation to cut corners or to resort to less than honest means to get the numbers that are expected. Seems to always be pushing a boulder up hill.

Advice to Management

Create reasonable expectations of people. Underperformance in a location due to its poor location and/or demographic needs to not be taken out on those working in the trenches.

9. Results Oriented

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to work with good smart managers, sales commisions, and diverse fields.

Cons

Heavily reliant on qauntifiable results, oversee other qaulities.

Advice to Management

Look to micromanage less and support excellence in fields that arent sales!

10. Operations Processor 2

Current Employee - Operations Processor II in Winterville, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Processor II in Winterville, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great. Less micro-managing. 8-5 job is a plus.

Cons

Repetitive. Management does not usually value your opinion. Boring.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, change things up. We are human, stop asking us to kill ourselves.

11. Banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good pay with nice bonuses. fun environment at times, good training opportunities quality discounts

Cons

The sales pressure can be extensive at times, poor middle management as they tend to promote people who stay and the salary is not high enough for great talent.

Advice to Management

Pay managers better so you can promote higher quality managers that can better train your employees

Showing 8,946 of 9,257 reviews