Wells Fargo Reviews

3.3
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
4,496 Ratings

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

9,385 Employee Reviews

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Advice to Management

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Fantastic Company but Sales Culture is Bad for Customers

Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- MANY opportunities for growth. - They promote a lot from within. - Benefits are pretty great. -Company is very diverse. - Pay isn't fantastic but it is competitive. - Many locations for chances to transfer. - You can also move into a different department if you have the requirements for the position.

Cons

- Sales are pushed to the point that bankers are making recommendations that aren't helpful to the customer. - Micro Managed to the point that its incredibly frustrating. - There are so many things to juggle at once: (QA, KDM, Referral Rate, Close Rate, Proxy, Adherence, AHT, etc.) and GOD FORBID one thing is bad, you are almost demonized. - Their attendance policy is SO STRICT. I lost my job because I had to miss a lot of work when I was sick. I wish the occurrences did not count when its for a medical reason.

Advice to Management

Pleaseeeeeee, change the sales culture. The way corporate wants us to sale is so different that what happens on the floor. Bankers are forced to sell even when the customer will not benefit (ahem, second checking accounts). I've had so many customers call to cancel products that they were pushed into that they could not afford.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easily move around company after a year in a position (after applying and interviewing). Extremely flexible in my area, in terms of work times, working from home, scheduling PTO, etc. Coworkers are high caliber. Projects are numerous. Technologies span a wide array. Depending on your role, you can do a ton. Very socially responsible company, especially in the diversity and LGBT space. I am very proud of the great work this company does for the community, and for openly taking a progressive stand on these issues. There is a real desire to be innovative and serving external and internal customers. It would have to be an extraordinary opportunity to get me to leave.

Cons

Career path is B.S. There are reorgs every 18 months, a constant shuffling, so it would be hard for any manager to actually know you. I have had over a dozen managers in ten years. I have never had a development plan in my ten years here. They have a stupid regional "midpoint" compensation system and odd HR job categories that do not match market. I went a few years without a raise because I was over the midpoint, and since I was reorg'd so often, I could not find a manager able to move me up, and there are very openings above my level. It is too hard to get promoted in certain HR categories like Database Analyst 6 and Systems Architect 6, Analytics Manager 5, etc. Bonuses are not that great either.

Advice to Management

Work on better internal advancement and how to retain very experienced professionals. Change the midpoint system and cough up the money to be more competitive. Expand advancement within job categories (eg, Database Analyst 7, 8, 9 , Systems Architect 7, 8, 9). You need to have cost of living increases over the midpoints.

This company actually cares about its employees and customers

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great Work life balance Team member recognition and rewards Everyone cares about customer experience!!!!!!!

Cons

Matrix organizations Multiple review rounds

6. Bilingual Phone Banker

Current Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great pay and Co-workers all great. If it wasn't for a sickness Id stay with the company for a longer period of time.

Cons

My schedule. Cant change your schedule until after you've been with the company for a long time and even then its a shift bid your not guaranteed the schedule.

7. Senior auditor

Pros

Great culture and work life balance.

Cons

Promotion is mainly based on years of experience as opposed to performance which can be demotivating at times Compensation is on the low end compared to most banks

Advice to Management

Reevaluate promotion structure to create a culture where hard work is rewarded

8. Collector

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, great company benefits.

Cons

It's a call center job.

9. Great Company

Current Employee - Regional Implementation Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Implementation Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, good benefits, great leadership, and good team.

Cons

Typical corporate America the pay is mediocre

Advice to Management

Pay your top performers and quit focusing on the standard 2-5% increases YOY

10. Underwriter

Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Great management. Company offer a lot of different managers.

11. Good place to work

Current Employee - Loan Default Specialist in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Loan Default Specialist in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and work life balance flexibility and you have your opinion listen too. Management Is on tune with employees

Cons

Need to relocate to keep position

Showing 9,385 of 9,720 reviews