Wells Fargo Reviews

6,470 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,239 Ratings

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights

Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great room for advancement. If you are great with customers and love to sale, you will do great. If you don't have customer services skills and don't like to sale, don't waste your time. This company is a great company to work for but they are sales and customer orientated.

Cons

Depending on the district you may be placed, you may have an amazing management staff or the worst. If you don't meet your sales goals (may I say they are ridiculous, how many accounts can someone really open?) you will be placed on a warning and quickly pushed out.

Don't forget at one point or another, you were in a bankers or tellers shoes. Also, stop with the fake accounts and pressuring bankers to do unethical things just to meet sales goals.

I worked for Wells Fargo for 3.5 years. Great company

Former Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wells Fargo was extremely flexible by helping me relocate to another state and change jobs titles quickly to accommodate my schedule when taking classes. The benefits were good including insurance plans and 401k options. The hours were typical 8-5 with some Saturdays.

Cons

Any position within the retail bank is sales-oriented. I placed more emphasis on customer service as that is what I loved and I was under constant stress from management to "get my numbers up." This made the job not so fun quickly.

The pay isn't the best considering what is demanded. It would be nice if upper management actually listened to their smaller KEY players' feedback.

solid company to work for with good benefits as well as career potential

Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good career growth, lots of opportunity for top performers, good bonus compensation, many different career paths that you can take within company, puts customer at center of what they do

Cons

work/life balance, daily grind, weekend hours

pick a focus, structure bonuses around that focus

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, but undesirable job position.

Former Employee - Phone Banker I  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits for working for WF are great!

Cons

WF has very aggressive sales goals!

I enjoyed working for the company just needed a change in career.

Former Employee - Service Manager II  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Service Manager II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are great and the opportunity to assist clients meet their financial needs is gratifying.

Cons

Not to easy to grow within the company

It's very important to value team members and assist them in growing within the company. In order for sales to go up and stay up, the team members need to feel valued.

My experience

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great place to learn how to sell.

Cons

Solutions do not make sense and are the bane to my employment at Wells.

Get rid of solutions so we can focus on real money generating products.

Excellent Company

Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant V  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant V in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, knowledgeable employees, great facilities

Cons

As with any company of this size you'll come across employees/managers who are terrible at managing or delegating work, giving clear instructions, or even knowing what expectations they have for you. And Wells Fargo is no exception. But I will say that it's not as common here as you would expect.

Less contractors and more full-time employees, especially for the jobs that require the person holding that position to be a subject matter expert.

WBR Intern - Great company to work for

Former Employee - WBR Intern
    Former Employee - WBR Intern

I worked at Wells Fargo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

very organized program
    good experience
    lots of other interns to work with

Cons

Sad I had to leave

Sales, customer, courtesy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is definitely upward mobility and the opportunity to prove yourself and be rewarded but in house hirings will pay you minimum for maximum talent. Having said that, you will learn the necessary skills and knowledge to move forward and be successful anywhere else.

Cons

Excessive goals once met and surpassed increase goals by amount surpassed becoming the norm and expectation, forcing employees to find less than favorable means to either keep up or be put on corrective action. A capable individual is no longer enough if the quota is not only met but surpassed.

Truly believe that courtesy and customers come first. All when and good on paper but when upper management trickles down the excessive "sales or you're out routine", even IF doing so at a subconcious level, is not in the best interest of the company at the end of the day. You will meet and surpass numbers in the now only to increase future potential lawsuits. Firing employees for not following proper sales tactics, although 100% correct, does not solve or eliminate the problem: that many of these employees are committing said mistakes BECAUSE of the pressure of sales on the part of management.

Sell and be micromanaged

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, 401k match, reasonable pay. Great company to work your way up and gain experience. They offer every product under the sun and have tons of different types of clients.

Cons

Micromanaging is commonplace. Politics are integral. Compensation is about 80-90% of the going rate as other banks.

Get rid of the "solutions" metric. It encourages "gaming" and does not measure profitability or revenue. Consider measuring new household acquisitions instead.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!