Wells Fargo Reviews

3.3
Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
4,496 Ratings

Pros
  • They sometimes care about work/life balance (in 283 reviews)

• good benefits a great company to move up (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• Management does not have much of a work life balance (in 138 reviews)

9,376 Employee Reviews

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Advice to Management

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Fantastic Company but Sales Culture is Bad for Customers

Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Phone Banker II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- MANY opportunities for growth. - They promote a lot from within. - Benefits are pretty great. -Company is very diverse. - Pay isn't fantastic but it is competitive. - Many locations for chances to transfer. - You can also move into a different department if you have the requirements for the position.

Cons

- Sales are pushed to the point that bankers are making recommendations that aren't helpful to the customer. - Micro Managed to the point that its incredibly frustrating. - There are so many things to juggle at once: (QA, KDM, Referral Rate, Close Rate, Proxy, Adherence, AHT, etc.) and GOD FORBID one thing is bad, you are almost demonized. - Their attendance policy is SO STRICT. I lost my job because I had to miss a lot of work when I was sick. I wish the occurrences did not count when its for a medical reason.

Advice to Management

Pleaseeeeeee, change the sales culture. The way corporate wants us to sale is so different that what happens on the floor. Bankers are forced to sell even when the customer will not benefit (ahem, second checking accounts). I've had so many customers call to cancel products that they were pushed into that they could not afford.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easily move around company after a year in a position (after applying and interviewing). Extremely flexible in my area, in terms of work times, working from home, scheduling PTO, etc. Coworkers are high caliber. Projects are numerous. Technologies span a wide array. Depending on your role, you can do a ton. Very socially responsible company, especially in the diversity and LGBT space. I am very proud of the great work this company does for the community, and for openly taking a progressive stand on these issues. There is a real desire to be innovative and serving external and internal customers. It would have to be an extraordinary opportunity to get me to leave.

Cons

Career path is B.S. There are reorgs every 18 months, a constant shuffling, so it would be hard for any manager to actually know you. I have had over a dozen managers in ten years. I have never had a development plan in my ten years here. They have a stupid regional "midpoint" compensation system and odd HR job categories that do not match market. I went a few years without a raise because I was over the midpoint, and since I was reorg'd so often, I could not find a manager able to move me up, and there are very openings above my level. It is too hard to get promoted in certain HR categories like Database Analyst 6 and Systems Architect 6, Analytics Manager 5, etc. Bonuses are not that great either.

Advice to Management

Work on better internal advancement and how to retain very experienced professionals. Change the midpoint system and cough up the money to be more competitive. Expand advancement within job categories (eg, Database Analyst 7, 8, 9 , Systems Architect 7, 8, 9). You need to have cost of living increases over the midpoints.

This company actually cares about its employees and customers

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great Work life balance Team member recognition and rewards Everyone cares about customer experience!!!!!!!

Cons

Matrix organizations Multiple review rounds

6. Senior auditor

Pros

Great culture and work life balance.

Cons

Promotion is mainly based on years of experience as opposed to performance which can be demotivating at times Compensation is on the low end compared to most banks

Advice to Management

Reevaluate promotion structure to create a culture where hard work is rewarded

7. Great Company

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, great risk manager, and very diverse

Cons

Not always the most modern of technology and slow to adapt to new.

Teller Position - Very Competitive/Strict

Current Employee - Teller in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great benefits - 6% 401k match after 1 year working - Can be rewards if are comfortable with sales - Recognition every 2 quarters are full for top sales people - Nice bonus for sales and customer experience

Cons

- High Sales Quota - People fight for credit for a solution - Possible Manipulation to get sales - Very pushy to get sales - Managers micro manage you on scripting - Have to scrip to all customers - Stressful if out of balance - Many duties as teller

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing tellers, they don't like it Help new team members with sales More role play to help tellers Don't bug tellers every five minutes about how many sit downs, sales, referrals, etc

Wells Fargo Bank

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

The benefits are great. The company really cares about its employees and the communities it serves.

Cons

A lot of people leave the company and end up coming back because it's a great place to work. The reason for leaving is because there's a policy not to allow more than a 10% increase in base pay if promoted from within the company.

10. Tell

Pros

Fun working environment. Made good friends there.

Cons

Sales pressure. Wow customer rating pressure.

Advice to Management

Avoid micromanaging. Be reasonable and sincere.

11. Great place to start your career

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time

Pros

Fast pace and great place to build communication skills

Cons

Pressure to meet sales quota

Showing 9,376 of 9,716 reviews