Wells Fargo Reviews

6,554 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,284 Ratings

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 266 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 526 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 127 reviews)

More Highlights

Jealous people all over the company.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They promote people quick you can go from pt teller to manager in less than a year

Cons

No job security. If your supervisor dislikes you he or she will do everything in their power to get you out the company. And HR or DMs won't do anything to help you even if you have never done anything bad before.,
     You have many employees from bankers to managers attacking other team members around the district( the ones they dislike and the ones who are top producers). You get push around to do unethical things to meet your goals. It's very ridiculous and the only one to lose their job would be the banker who committed the crime.ah And if you lose your job from Wells Fargo be ready to be unemployed for a very long time.

I have no advice for upper management I am sure they know what goes on in the stores and still do nothing to help fix it.

High Stress Little return

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

uncapped commission in home mortgage

Cons

The company is very large, you are just a number.

Get a support staff so that your sales team isn't floundering.

Horrible

Former Employee - Teller  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great customers, hour lunches

Cons

Discrimination, easy to make mistakes, i was a part time 24hr employee and they kept scheduling me 40 + hours a week when I was also in school.

Be more understanding and help new hires learn.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's all about the numbers, health care costs, and managing to mediocrity!

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Westland, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Westland, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co Workers are great. They mostly learn to keep their head down, and don't over perform. When they micro manage you, just nod a lot. Top performers and bottom producers are turned. So if you don't want to produce, you will do well! If you are average or below average, join the team for a few years. You get health insurance, but has a 20% co pay, so a typical hospital stay you'll be paying thousands $$$ in monthly payments for years.

Cons

Top performance leaders are turned, they make the poor upper managers look bad. Corporate wants everyone producing at top levels, but middle management seems to let those top people go, so they don't have to manage the dozen under performers. If you perform and make the rest of the people look bad, you have a target on your back. you will be termed. They make every customer calling into the call centers buy something. The pressure makes the agents transfer people to departments that had nothing to do with the reason they called in. The micor management week in and week out is governed by the unit or regional managers last conference call. That gives them the goal of the day, week or month. Next call, it changes. Since the merger a few years ago, they have become Wachovia. I think there was a reason Wachovia went belly up in 2009 and lost a fortune. And they retained HR people, policies, and procedures from Wachovia to manage Wells Fargo????

Leave the corporate office. Upper management came by once in 5 years. Some sites they have never visited. Some area managers and phone bank managers are so lost on what really happens in the customer service areas they just term people that have given years to the company. I have seen all but 1 of a dozen managers, leads, supervisors turned over a year to save health care costs and climate high performers. 40% to over 100% turnover over in customer service should tell you something.

It's not what you know, it's who you know...

Former Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Teller At Wells Fargo in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing. This company is awful.

Cons

Everything from upper management to their extreme sales incentive bonus(bogus) plan. Extremely sales driven. Talent is overlooked. It's not what you know, it's who you know in this company that will get you places. I worked here 3 years and managed to escape with my reputation in tact. Extremely unscrupulous sales practices. Managements is full of unqualified personnel.

Go to school. Listen to your employees. Actually do your job!

Loan Processor

Former Employee - Loan Processor III  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Loan Processor III in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

There were no pros about the position only people that were moving up were the managers.

Cons

You had to work like a slave and they did not reward you for anything. Management were very rude.

Fearful and Stressed, Bullied

Former Employee - Lead Teller  in  Plant City, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Plant City, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours are good. especially if your liked.

Cons

Demanding Referrals and unforgiving bosses for the pressure of the job. No room for error in the selling department. You are expected to sell with each and every customer. If you don't you are talk to over and over again and written up for not getting a referral. They let there managers bully there employees for the things they need and what they want from you.They don't have much care for breaks and or lunches. If they are busy the customer comes first and you don't get a break or a lunch till hours and hours after.

Managers need to consider their employees strengths and praise them. In all my banking my managers never had the ability to encourage or compliment there employees.

Mentally draining

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in New York, NY

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty average salary and option to get a quartly bonus

Cons

Upper managerment has no clue how to run a new york city market, customer centric surveys are impossible to obtain since a customer must give an actual perfect score if not you fail and get repremanded for geting a 4 instead of all 5's. management also gives false promises to get employees to hit goals then do not follow up with promises, finally they only provide you with a 30 mintue lunch. in new york city by the time you get to the place you need to go to and order your food and eat it there is no way that could be done with in 30 mins

please follow up with promises, please provide each store with an exprienced manager.

They do not even come close with comparing them to FORD CREDIT!

Former Employee - Senior Consumer Loan Underwriter III  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good employees, benefits are good, excellent community involvement. 1 in 3 mortgages are initiated with Wells Fargo?

Cons

Uneducated Management has issues. They don't seem to care about employees, my direct Manager was listed on RIPOFF report for previously ripping off people in a different line of work? How did she ever get cleared on background is beyond me. After net quarters back to back of $5 Billion + they lay people off (thousands displaced) they brought on from other companies who had careers use them and disgard them like trash. Unacceptable practice in my opinion. Can name multiple examples of this.

Clear the slate. Time to move them all out from the Top Down...Complacency is rampant in Management. Show that you care about your employees and your employees will work hard for you and your precious turn times less than 26 days and absolutely horrible customer loyalty scores might improve from 33% to acceptable levels. Hmmm...wonder why they are at are so low? Big box banks just really have no conscientious.

Data analyst - contracting

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Some really nice people...charity giving some regular workers very nice.

Cons

Lead with anger mgmt issues, favoritism, and coworker smoking in cubical...stunk. Communication issues. Bad data.

My mentor told me who also worked at chandler.."it's a good thing the place is a bank cause they can always pay more people to clean up messes. "

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!