Wells Fargo

3.1 5,598 reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

(3,035 ratings)

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

5,598 Employee Reviews

My experience has been challenging and I can't say I would recommend this dept to others.

Outbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsWF has a great benefits package after 30 days plus PTO that is given up front not accrued.

ConsConsumer Finance (call center) is a place where you go if you want to be a angry always "lazered focused" employee. On my team we have to ask to go to the rest room. Boss micromanages to a level I have never seen.....ever. During interview he sold me on the job with the bonus structure but he left off many important details... Such as the QA dept taking 40% if you say the work save during a call. Also if you finally reach the impossible goal you only get the $$ on the first tier next month you get to level 2 and so on. If on the 4th month you miss by 1..... No bonus and the following month you go down tiers. I work on a team that continually looks thru other peoples Q's and steals their deals. If you call in sick its fair game for your own team to call your deals and switch over to their name. The SUP allows this the actually encourages it. The last straw was when I was yelled at by him because I didn't make an 84 yr old woman go to the bank that same day and sign her docs. I told her it was OK that her husband drive her a few days later. True story. This is the only department I have worked in but of you do not have thick skin and want to be a lazered focus puppet of Josh Miller then go ahead. I would not recommend at all.

Good entry level job to gain experience in sales and customer service

Teller (Current Employee) Silverdale, WA

ProsJob security is good as long as you meet their sales goals. There is opportunity to grow for hard working people. Also, co-workers and supervisors are for most part nice and helpful.

ConsSalary and incentive compensation are ridiculously low for their expectations. Very high sales goals and pressure from management to achieve them. It can be very challanging at times.

3 Years at Wells Fargo

CSSR (Current Employee) Kannapolis, NC

ProsThe best reasons to work for WF is the schedule.

ConsToo concentrated on sales, not the need of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for your employees. Tell your staff how they perform more often, whether good or bad.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Allows enhancement of valuable skills, but sales tactics are wrong

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsWells fargo offers a competitive industry salary with bonus potential
    Looks good on a resume if you are able to stay for a while
    Will develop valuable sales and customer service skills

ConsSales expectations are unrealistic and aggressive. Customer's come in wanting to cash a check and you are supposed to open them a "vacation savings account" so your branch can hit its goals
    Daily sales goals are to be met and you are checked in on 2-3 times a day to see where you are
    They want to you me an ATM machine that sells. You literally have at least 5 "value phrases" to say to customer each time they sit down, or you can be disciplined

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerating business is crucial to a profitable company, that's obvious, but treat your employes with a little more respect. Also, the way you want to bring in the business seems like a scam for the customer.

Working at Wells Fargo was a great experience.

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI enjoyed the diversity, the different business, such as healthcare, personal care ,food court. Every thing you need was there.

ConsThe compensation for me was a challenge, since I was hired on a low pay scale, but it didn't interfere with my performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be fair with each employee, and since we all are adults, treat each other with respect.

fair

Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosgood benefits, work life balance

Consterrible management, @ least mine was

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the bad ones

If you can ignore the politics, it's a good job that has good benefits

Loan Document Specialist III (Current Employee) Concord, CA

ProsSome of the jobs pay well and cost out of pocket for medical is less than most.

ConsPromotions are difficult to obtain. Politics. Someone less qualified may be promoted because of who they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics & promote according to qualifications not favoritism.

extremely stressful as sales are more important than customer service

Teller (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

Prosvacation time is good, except if you are sick you have to use vacation for first 5 days, so you could be in hospital but wells has you on vacation, benefits are ok, medical has been better in past

Consvery sales oriented, thats all they care about, sales goals are hard to reach and are the same across board, a busy branch might make goal but a slow branch cant, you can lose your job for not making goal, they preach customer service but really its about how much you can sell the customer

Advice to Senior Managementmakes no difference as long as they get their big fat pay raises why should they listen to those on the bottom rung

Typical "Cold-Call" Internship.

Intern (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

Pros-Directly work with management.
    -Networking opportunities.
    -Some lessons on investing.

Cons-Constant Cold-Calling.
    -Minimum Hours.
    -Pay is mediocre.

Teller

Teller (Former Employee) Arcata, CA

ProsWork schedule is put out monthly. You are treated like you work for a legitimate company and are valued. This largely might be based upon the team you work with but I had an excellent branch manager and leadership team.

ConsHaving to constantly sell banking products! I didn't realize a teller was basically a salesperson. You are constantly trying to sell something to each and every customer.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!